Diablo® III

expansion legendary buffed by mystic, crazy

08/21/2013 04:05 AMPosted by pichapie
i believe those preview legendaries were after the mystic buff hence it's account bound and with the 2 stars beside the legendary name, it must be it :D

Yup that's what i figured too.

Great item sink, awesome for the economy.

Also, no cap to para level(?!), account wide. Assignable skill / stat points. Soooooo gooooood.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:07 AMPosted by yems
we might get new skills or runes from 61 to 70??

Yes. New skills and runes confirmed. Also, Paragon points confirmed.
Reply Quote
that wand - my god... suddenly everything i have feels worthless... like completelly worthless.
Reply Quote
Thank goodness I was never rich. I feel worthless now just like before.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Amos
that wand - my god... suddenly everything i have feels worthless... like completelly worthless.

Bah, I don't think you'll regret having a decently geared character when they add new stuff. First wave of 70s should be pretty well off methinks.
Reply Quote
who will farm lvl 70 items?

nuff said, keep your gears

i know i am

worthless in expansion? so what? im not playing for profit yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eemHg2o9VjY <---/thread about items being worthless in expansion
Reply Quote
Oh my god, my hands are shaking
Reply Quote
Meh... my initial impression is that the Hydra wand is lackluster at best. I mean, the dps stats or whatever are obviously godly compared to what we have now, but I'm sure it'll be comparable to other weapons at the same level. What bugs me, though, is the proc. Once you get to the point where things are dying really fast again, it's not going to make that much of an impact. Like right now, any well-built build is going to be decimating mobs in AoE fashion and, for the most part, they tend to all die at about the same pace, thus leaving now much left for the Hydras it procs to shoot at. And much like Black Ice and Life on Kill, it'll be useless against bosses and elites since it only has a chance to proc when something dies. In order to really benefit from it on elite fights you're gonna have to do shenanigans like you have to right now with Black Ice (round up trash mobs along with an elite pack and blow them all up at once). Could be worth it, admittedly, depending on how (or if) they buff Hydra itself.

EDIT: And it STILL has that damn Max AP mod. >_<
Edited by Malakai#1265 on 8/21/2013 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Malakai
my initial impression is that the Hydra wand is lackluster at best.

Yeh but who's to say that that thing isn't like a maximus or something? Way too early to speculate about that stuff, but the general idea of more interesting gear is solid. Doubt they would reveal anything truly GG this early.

EDIT: And it STILL has that damn Max AP mod.

Which, if they make it so our resource generation isn't infinite like I'm guessing they're going too, isn't so terrible. Back at release 30 extra AP was pretty nice, unloading 4 obliteration orbs to engage a fight instead of 3. But yeh who knows, still pretty exciting to me though.
Edited by Snack#1534 on 8/21/2013 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Tensor
Smart drops sound great. No more int Manticores!! :P :P

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Especially if you plan to use your wiz to farm them!

Can't wait to see what new skills and runes we'll be getting.
Edited by Fiezz#1818 on 8/21/2013 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
oh !@#$......wizard farming getting manticore drop = instant int -_-
Reply Quote
Remember what D3C looked like at launch, folks. The game has improved a lot over the past year, but new software (and games especially) never survives first contact with millions of users unscathed. What we're seeing here looks interesting, and I'm certainly optimistic, but be wary of buying too much into the hype.

Next question: release date? Anyone want to hazard a guess? :)
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:56 AMPosted by pichapie

Haha maybe. Back at release when running out of AP was actually a thing I always kinda did want a Hellion though, so I'd shoot arrows instead of charging in to melee when I was out of AP for orbs :)
Reply Quote
thanks for the heads up mzy
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:59 AMPosted by Snack

Haha maybe. Back at release when running out of AP was actually a thing I always kinda did want a Hellion though, so I'd shoot arrows instead of charging in to melee when I was out of AP for orbs :)

innovative
Reply Quote
It looks like this game will continue to get better....Now the question is when......
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:47 AMPosted by Snack
Yeh but who's to say that that thing isn't like a maximus or something?

Not sure what you mean by this. Maximus procs on hit. The wand clearly states that it procs on kill.

Way too early to speculate about that stuff, but the general idea of more interesting gear is solid.

People said the same thing during the first Legendary revamp and look how that turned out. I'm sure this time around it'll be better overall, but I just can't help but feel meh toward that wand at first glace. They said during the convention that the new Legendaries will be game changers. There's nothing game changing about a chance to proc something on kill. Especially when that something is Hydra. Maybe I'll get excited about the wand if/when they also announce that Hydra can follow you around now. =O

Doubt they would reveal anything truly GG this early.

In all honesty they SHOULD reveal some incredible items this early. They should be doing everything they can to win back over many of the people they've driven away over the last year. What better way then to wave some sick and TRULY game-breaking Legendaries in front of their faces as a taste of what's to come? I'm sure there's a ton more stuff to be revealed in the coming days, though. Here's hoping for some good stuff.

Which, if they make it so our resource generation isn't infinite like I'm guessing they're going too, isn't so terrible. Back at release 30 extra AP was pretty nice, unloading 4 obliteration orbs to engage a fight instead of 3. But yeh who knows, still pretty exciting to me though.

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek. The wand fans around here would get it.
Reply Quote
I reckon new 70 characters will need to start a fresh. Level 60 p-whatever gives you more stats.. since a majority of players haven't reached p100, it won't be fair to just add another 10 levels to your existing stats.

These new items some pretty cool though. Hope they fix up game mechanics and imbalance issues.. ie, buff all classes to at least match barbs.

And for the love of god, bring back corpses and exp loss!
Reply Quote
Better picture of the new Paragon system:

http://diablo3.judgehype.com/image/379281/#img

Check out the categories at the top: Core stat (Int, Str, Vit, Dex), then there's Attack, Defense, and Utility categories that you can allocate your points into as well. Intriguing. I want to see what's behind those other categories. Utility might have some neat things, like increasing the radius of certain abilities (Sleet Storm!), or even reducing the AP cost of things (Sleet Storm!).

Man... I'm gonna be refreshing the fansites all dang day.
Reply Quote
Vin Diesel would make an awesome Tyrael if a D3 movie ever came out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]