Diablo® III

expansion legendary buffed by mystic, crazy

Does this mean we can cap our movement speed with stat allocation and use non-MS boots / gears? It looks like he is implying we can customize any stat

Not sure if we'll be able to cap it using just Paragon points, but it does sound like we'll be able to at least add some MS using the system.

From what I've read and watched so far, it looks like we MIGHT be able to do the following:

- Core Stats. Increase our Int, Str, Dex, and Vit.

- Attack. Increase our Crit, IAS, CHD.

- Defense. Increase Armor, Resists, possibly Ranged and Melee damage reduction.

- Utility. Increase Pickup Radius, Health Globe bonus, Magic and Gold find, Movespeed.

This is all assumption, though, so keep that in mind.
Reply Quote

Does this mean we can cap our movement speed with stat allocation and use non-MS boots / gears? It looks like he is implying we can customize any stat

Not sure if we'll be able to cap it using just Paragon points, but it does sound like we'll be able to at least add some MS using the system.

From what I've read and watched so far, it looks like we MIGHT be able to do the following:

- Core Stats. Increase our Int, Str, Dex, and Vit.

- Attack. Increase our Crit, IAS, CHD.

- Defense. Increase Armor, Resists, possibly Ranged and Melee damage reduction.

- Utility. Increase Pickup Radius, Health Globe bonus, Magic and Gold find, Movespeed.

This is all assumption, though, so keep that in mind.

Ooooh pickup radius.. I am going to pump some points in that for sure if it's available for allocation.
Reply Quote
It would be sweet if the movement speed cap was raised.

Yeah, 2014 release date sucks. I was hoping they might be trying to get it out for Christmas. But oh well, just means our expensive gear won't be worthless right away. I don't know, maybe the account wide PL part will be pretty cool, and if there is no cap, and you keep getting stat points from it, then hell yeah. Sounds like a grinders paradise.
Reply Quote
yeah i'm actually excited about the endless gring - at least there will be some kind of goal and not totally mindless... well at least i find it mindless atm, if it wasn't for paragon levels i probably wouldnt' be playing as much.

speaking of witch - i need to get back in game and lvl up lol.
Reply Quote
grind grind grind

so much i don't know how to snipe in AH.....again

it's a side effect of actually playing the game
Reply Quote
Wow... looks like we'll need MP20
Reply Quote
Sigh... I shall bestow a little gem of advice here....

So let me get this straight...a STRENGTH driven class is being added to the game.

There is going to be a race to level 70 and beyond (for P. Levels)...(XP bonuses anyone?)

The bonus from Rubies in weapons has reclaimed some "market share" in the sockets of all classes.

Buy. A. Lot. Of. Rubies.

I purchased about 250,000 FSQ this morning. I would have purchased more...but I have a crafting date with MasterJay this evening.

When Marquise's were first released, I bought hundreds of thousands of topaz's..turned them all into Rad Stars. When the marquise's went live...I actually had to first sell them off..the price of rad stars was simply too high to ignore.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
i take it that's flawless star or square?
Reply Quote
It is actually usually most cost effective to go for flawless square because as the highest farmable gem in the game, the price has the most room for fluctuation. As soon as you get to the perfect square level, they can never really go below 35,294 per gem, because that's the cost of the craft. (after 15% taxes, 35,294 is 30,000). The flawless square has the potential to drop very low, or very high. It already happened this morning. The flawless square ruby rose as high as 3400 per as of 8:30am EST. That's atypically high for that gem.

Buy the gems..watch the market at each level. Figure out the base cost for that gem, upgrade gems to most profitable level. Picha...add me in game for a more detailed methodology.
Reply Quote
The xpac might bring increased gem level drops....however I took your advice and hedged my bet with some Radiant Squares.
Reply Quote
Jung, think about all the new players who will roll the crusader, and all the existing players who will roll the crusader. That's a market spike if I've ever seen one (assuming we actually have an AH in a free market orientation - from a commodities perspective..which I do believe we do)

EDIT: The lower level gem you buy, the more room you will have to isolate the most profitable market sector. Remember, you can't DOWNgrade gems...and higher tiers does not absolutely equal higher profit margins.
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 8/21/2013 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've hoarded 500 flawless squares of each type already via farming. :P

im gonna be rich as !@#$ with greater profits. :D
Reply Quote
so those are the supposed new max weapon damage and max main stat roll race to first to get them legs :D

Clearly yes remember how balanced the gear available was at launch. It wont be a game for profit, but some of us who have kept playing looks like they are gonna be rewarded.

Also, no cap to para level(?!), account wide. Assignable skill / stat points. Soooooo gooooood.

Its a good thing right, when blizzard starts to listen to what their gamers are saying. Now they only need to actually flesh out a better travel system and fast tracking to act bosses (i.e. true waypoints). And really for me its only 200 more intelligence (re-assigning all my dex).

08/21/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Malakai
, they tend to all die at about the same pace, thus leaving now much left for the Hydras it procs to shoot at.

Venom hydra isn't overrated, that wand would clearly be GG beyond anything else in weeping hollow right now. Drag the elite pack to a couple of spewers and watch as a constant stream of 12+ hydra;s tear down the elite pack. (all mind you which is dps that is unaffected by rd).

Haha maybe. Back at release when running out of AP was actually a thing I always kinda did want a Hellion though, so I'd shoot arrows instead of charging in to melee when I was out of AP for orbs :)

I still have issues with ap, As does any wizard with high attack speed/high cost skills). Channeling for instance still hasn't been altered to what blizzard's stated goal to how to fix them was.

In all honesty they SHOULD reveal some incredible items this early. They should be doing everything they can to win back over many of the people they've driven away over the last year. What better way then to wave some sick and TRULY game-breaking Legendaries in front of their faces as a taste of what's to come?

+1 this sir/ma'am is truely on point

When Marquise's were first released, I bought hundreds of thousands of topaz's..turned them all into Rad Stars. When the marquise's went live...I actually had to first sell them off..the price of rad stars was simply too high to ignore.

Instead of crafting them myself I let the bots sell their blizzard duped versions for 1/10 of the cost of crafting. However with the rollback policy change its now clear that yes gem prices for rubies might actually stabalize.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 8/21/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No more int Manticores!
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Junger
The xpac might bring increased gem level drops....however I took your advice and hedged my bet with some Radiant Squares.

Also potentially more interesting socketing choices besides main stat or vit.

Kind of a long way out to be filling mules with flawless squares imo, but there will always be a use for em.
Reply Quote
Kind of a long way out to be filling mules with flawless squares imo, but there will always be a use for em.

I leave them in the completed tab. Hey, it can't hurt. At some point, gem prices always move.
Reply Quote
Who else thinks Falling Sword is THE awesomest skill evarrrr!!!!!! :O :O

/hypemeter over 9000
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Melkor
Sigh... I shall bestow a little gem of advice here....

Will you be my RL money adviser Melk?
Reply Quote
Loot 2.0 stuff in this video.... from Gamepsot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbt27bRMqs
Edited by Tensor#6418 on 8/21/2013 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Venom hydra isn't overrated, that wand would clearly be GG beyond anything else in weeping hollow right now. Drag the elite pack to a couple of spewers and watch as a constant stream of 12+ hydra;s tear down the elite pack. (all mind you which is dps that is unaffected by rd).

Depends on how often it procs on kill, of course. And I mentioned such a tactic in my post. It's the same tactic you use for Black Ice right now. Here's a video I made awhile back showing it:

http://youtu.be/rCo2tCfbr5E

While it can be quite devastating, it can also be quite annoying when you find an elite pack by itself with no trash around, or not enough trash to spawn enough Black Ice patches to kill the elite. Not a problem really for certain zones, but some zones it's not nearly as effective.

Granted, unlike Black Ice, your entire build won't be centered around Hydra since you would just need the wand to pull it off. So you can use any build with that new wand, which does make it a little more appealing. Plus I guess you could always keep one in your bag to use on switch for when you come across an elite pack with a ton of trash near it. I'm sure we'll find plenty of ways to abuse the heck out of it.

08/21/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Tensor
Who else thinks Falling Sword is THE awesomest skill evarrrr!!!!!! :O :O

It's like Teleport: Calamity without the annoying knockback. I love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]