Diablo® III

Loot 2.0: You made the same mistakes again

The developers are confused. They think we want to find "upgrades," but that's not the case. I'm sure everyone wants to farm interesting affixes that compliment skills.

I can't see that happening with the linear and uninspired design.

Sadly, I think a lot of people DO want to find upgrades. They want WoW minus raiding. And I think the devs are going to give it to them, because the devs don't understand Diablo either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130821/dzop83qu.jpg

This item is just more of the same which we have right now but with higher numbers on it. There is nothing gamechanging on it. The Hydra proc sounds cool, but even if the hydras damage scales with weapon damage its nothing game breaking or changing. If its flat damage like hellfire - Garbage!

clearly you didn't actually read/listen to what they said, because its actually less numbers. Loot 2.0 isnt about giving you more loot its about giving you less, but making what you get more effective. Given the fact that, unlike now, every yellow or above has a chance to analyze your stats for other things you have equipped and cater to those stats, making it so you get more loot for you I would say that's actually the direct opposite of what theyre doing right now, which is giving you more loot, but having it only have a chance to cater to your class, and still being mostly randomized.

That, plus the mystic means you will really be able to customize your armor, and the fact that its a constant thing, means they can stabilize the economy without using the auctionhouse.

In short, the old MO was to shower you with enough loot that eventually something would stick and be good enough, the new system is giving you what you want for your class....

so how is that more of the same?
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Bodhi
that way you kill bird with 2 stones

lol, you did it wrong.

Can't really judge loot 2.0 at the moment. I would wait until more information is released. The items presented seems to be just a photoshoped idea of how itemization will change. The new itemization will also have to consider the paragon 2.0 and I am personally hoping for a CD/CC/LS nerf.
Reply Quote
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130821/dzop83qu.jpg

This item is just more of the same which we have right now but with higher numbers on it. There is nothing gamechanging on it. The Hydra proc sounds cool, but even if the hydras damage scales with weapon damage its nothing game breaking or changing. If its flat damage like hellfire - Garbage!

clearly you didn't actually read/listen to what they said, because its actually less numbers. Loot 2.0 isnt about giving you more loot its about giving you less, but making what you get more effective. Given the fact that, unlike now, every yellow or above has a chance to analyze your stats for other things you have equipped and cater to those stats, making it so you get more loot for you I would say that's actually the direct opposite of what theyre doing right now, which is giving you more loot, but having it only have a chance to cater to your class, and still being mostly randomized.

That, plus the mystic means you will really be able to customize your armor, and the fact that its a constant thing, means they can stabilize the economy without using the auctionhouse.

In short, the old MO was to shower you with enough loot that eventually something would stick and be good enough, the new system is giving you what you want for your class....

I didn't say that all loot changes are bad. In fact I really like the philosophy behind Loot 2.0. Its a step in the right direction. Boot the loot examples they gave us are not good enough. They need more WOW(NOT World of Warcraft) effect after identifying.

Something like I don't know maybe 20-40% chance to freeze on hit (elite 2-4% to not making it op). Hydras which freeze enemies would be nice. There are more examples for sure.

I remember back in the old d2 days breezing through hordes of Daemons with Glacial Spike and a bunch of hydras. Sure this wasn't viable in hell, but it was fun as hell in nightmare^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

I didn't say that all loot changes are bad. In fact I really like the philosophy behind Loot 2.0. Its a step in the right direction. Boot the loot examples they gave us are not good enough. They need more WOW(NOT World of Warcraft) effect after identifying.

Something like I don't know maybe 20-40% chance to freeze on hit (elite 2-4% to not making it op). Hydras which freeze enemies would be nice. There are more examples for sure.

I remember back in the old d2 days breezing through hordes of Daemons with Glacial Spike and a bunch of hydras. Sure this wasn't viable in hell, but it was fun as hell in nightmare^^

apologies, I misinterpreted what you said.
Reply Quote
I don't really have that much faith left in Blizzard fixing items in D3. Judging by the items that they showed in their presentation (which is meant to blow people's minds) looks like I was right to feel that way about Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Loot 2.0 is still in progress, and we'll be sharing more details as things develop. In the meantime we will be gathering feedback, and making sure your concerns are brought up. While on the subject, though, I'd like to point out that a single Legendary may or may not be enough to change your build, but it's important to take into consideration that it's likely that you'll have multiple Legendary items. Personally, I have an easier time imagining some interesting alternative mechanics when I think about multiple Legendary item effects working at once. Just something to think about while we wait for more information about Loot 2.0.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 12:21 PMPosted by familia
That's great, but what about rare items? Legendary gimmicks seem to be the only focus, but will rares have a chance to compete? Why should we rely on dismal drop rates for any chance of diversity? Rare items should roll interesting affixes as well.

Then what exactly would be legendary about legendary items if you could just get the same effect from some random yellows?
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 12:25 PMPosted by tbagala
That's great, but what about rare items? Legendary gimmicks seem to be the only focus, but will rares have a chance to compete? Why should we rely on dismal drop rates for any chance of diversity? Rare items should roll interesting affixes as well.

Then what exactly would be legendary about legendary items if you could just get the same effect from some random yellows?

I believe, this man has a point xD
Reply Quote
How is blizzard going to make all the unused item affixes useful? Or are they just going to be worthless like before?
Reply Quote
Legendaries should go beyond and truly be "game changers." Adding silly gimmicks doesn't get the job done in my opinion. In LOD some rare and crafted items could out roll a unique, but they were very rare and impossible to find. Interesting affixes is needed regardless, if they limit them to legendaries it will push players to use the AH.

Interesting affixes doesn't mean they need to be the same and or better.

Perhaps rare items could roll skill affixes that increased damage. Ex. 10-25%.

Ah, yeah. I see what you're saying, but this just goes back to the game, in its entirety, needing better itemization.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/26/2013 12:21 PMPosted by familia

I disagree. Legendary should have special affixes that make them legendary. Rares should not compete with legendary. Rares should just be a step until you can get legendaries. I like the way it seems they are approaching gear drops. Whites becomes less common and are primarily used as crafting mats. Blues are also less common and primarily used for transmog skins. I mean who really uses whites and blues to gear anyway. So of course yellows are your basic gear which should have nice usable stats for any build. And then you have legendaries which should be a step up. I like keeping rare items generic promoting build diversity as you can use them in any build and then legendaries promoting specific builds.
Reply Quote
ope.. and it's officially WoW.
Reply Quote
If rare items can compete that would add more diversity. Like I already said, if we limit interesting affixes to Legendaries, everyone will continue using the AH to get what they need. Why should I rely on dismal drop rates to improve a specific build?

I'm not suggesting they make rare items better, I'm saying rare items need useful affixes that promote build diversity too.

The AH on this game will always be needed no matter what kind of veil they attempt to toss over peoples faces, that is, if you want the best kind of gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]