Diablo® III

A COOL LORE FIND!

I was watching the cinematic for RoS a few times and I noticed that the black soulstone isn't just saying mumbo jumbo. at 1:12 I (think) it whispers (TRUUUCCEE my love).... and at 1:35 it clearly says (who is she?) and (not yet....) What I have gathered from this is either two things. One the prime evils are talking about Leah or two they are talking about Lilith.... also when they say not yet... It clearly is foreshadowing that they have a plan... A plan to break free of their prison. Anyways I figured I would share this tid bit with you all and see what you all think. Maybe some one has some voice separation software out there that way we can single it out and maybe get a clearer view of what they are saying.

TLDR: ROS cinematic, listen at 1:12 to 1:35 (more to the story than meets the ears)
Reply Quote
- Reddit Diablo
View profile
Wow, great find. I'm a little skeptical of the first sound bite talking about Lilith (not out of the ballpark), but the second sound bite is definitely talking about Leah and some nefarious plot of the Evils to escape once again.
Reply Quote
Woah, listening to it really gives me goosebumps. Awesome find. Truce might refer to The Great Evils forgetting the past and working together to break free.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Nice find. I think they might be hints at future story progression. Oh boy! Now if only people cared. :(
Reply Quote
yeah unfortunately I don't think many people care about this lol.
Reply Quote
I'll be straight up with you - I think it's just a jibberish language with no discernible meaning. I really have to suspend disbelief to hear anything.
Reply Quote
I was watching the cinematic for RoS a few times and I noticed that the black soulstone isn't just saying mumbo jumbo. at 1:12 I (think) it whispers (TRUUUCCEE my love).... and at 1:35 it clearly says (who is she?) and (not yet....) What I have gathered from this is either two things. One the prime evils are talking about Leah or two they are talking about Lilith.... also when they say not yet... It clearly is foreshadowing that they have a plan... A plan to break free of their prison. Anyways I figured I would share this tid bit with you all and see what you all think. Maybe some one has some voice separation software out there that way we can single it out and maybe get a clearer view of what they are saying.

TLDR: ROS cinematic, listen at 1:12 to 1:35 (more to the story than meets the ears)

I agree with your theory of the sound bites being Lilith. My thought on this is that Lilith wants to break free of the prison that she and her love is in (forgot his name). She ask who is the new person meaning Leah @1:35. This ties in with Malthiel wanting the black soul stone so he can free Lilith and her lover and ask them why did they create the Nephalem since he can't grasp the concept of their existence. I may be wrong and missing some important lore information. Just throwing my theory out there.
Reply Quote
- Reddit Diablo
View profile

I agree with your theory of the sound bites being Lilith. My thought on this is that Lilith wants to break free of the prison that she and her love is in (forgot his name). She ask who is the new person meaning Leah @1:35. This ties in with Malthiel wanting the black soul stone so he can free Lilith and her lover and ask them why did they create the Nephalem since he can't grasp the concept of their existence. I may be wrong and missing some important lore information. Just throwing my theory out there.

Lilith (as far as we know) isn't anywhere near the Black Soulstone. Last we heard of her, she was exiled to the Abyss, which is nowhere near Sanctuary, the High Heavens, or the Burning Hells. Although it is possible that she somehow manages to get into the Black Soulstone, I'm almost positive it's one of the Lords of Hell asking about Leah's soul.

Also, I don't think Maltheal wants to free Inarius or Lilith and ask them questions. He remembers the betrayal of Inarius and the deceit of Lilith and most likely blames both of them for destroying the order that had existed in the Eternal War. The Nephalem need to be destroyed for Maltheal to get back to the existence where he knew all the answers.
Reply Quote
Can anyone make out what the black soul stone say at the end of the trailer when Maltheal grasp it in his hand?
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 10:43 PMPosted by cloud
Can anyone make out what the black soul stone say at the end of the trailer when Maltheal grasp it in his hand?

I think they're repeating "where is she". Although it's hard to be sure ;)
Reply Quote
Yeah people were discussing this over at Diablofans when the trailer launched and discerned the same phrases. It definitely could be something, it also could be nothing. But interesting nonetheless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]