Diablo® III

I just Lol'ed

When I made this WD build, the game was in a COMPLETELY different state. This was actually considered really good gear at the time.

crazy how far the game has come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mGcI--lzMg&list=TL0PIw1y7VIVc

*How did i mistype lol?
Edited by Doc#1615 on 8/16/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow. That is pretty funny actually!
Reply Quote
Just found one of my videos too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8OorKMWeew

It's really interesting to see how my screen back then wasn't filled with yellow numbers.
This video was taken after 1.0.3 though so Belial wasn't as tough. I wish I could have uploaded my Ghom video when everyone was complaining how difficult he was during those days.
Reply Quote
LoL!!

I love how its:
for this one we have int, vit, all resistance; gloves, int, vit, all resistance...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Those are great videos for a trip down Diablo III memory lane. I wish I had more screenshots of my character stats from back then to compare with how they are now.
Reply Quote
^me too actually, i thought about that last week. how far weve all come eh?
Reply Quote
It's so strange to see people talk about this game. I mean the whole thing was built from the ground up to get you to spend money on the RMAH.

How can you not see it? They compromised the entire game for extra profit. It really does sadden me to see people fall for this...
Thanks for your brilliant insight. Without people like you we might actually be at risk of enjoying things.
Reply Quote
It's so strange to see people talk about this game. I mean the whole thing was built from the ground up to get you to spend money on the RMAH.

How can you not see it? They compromised the entire game for extra profit. It really does sadden me to see people fall for this...

Says the dude who spend 15$ a month on wow.... lol
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Fergeson
It was a waste. Thought I'd try it again. Got bored quickly. I agree WoW isn't worth it, but at least it's not as shameful as D3. Imagine if they started selling gear and lowered all rewards to entice people to buy...who knows maybe they will.

And yet another mindless argument about D3 and WoW. If you don't like D3, what are you doing in these forums if you hate the game so much????

I agree the game is way too much based on the AH but it has an element in which is fun to play and makes it more enjoyable to get gear by earning or even paying as opposed to going into raid finder in WoW, dealing with all the kids and having the whole group carry you and get free easy gear.

I've been a career WoW player for years and about half way through MoP I just had enough with the easy mode and negative changes (easier gearing) they keep making to the game so I came back to D3. You shouldn't bash D3 so much. It does have it's limitations but the game is much more challenging than WoW and therefore in my opinion more fun to play.
Reply Quote
49 Pandaren Monk
It was a waste. Thought I'd try it again. Got bored quickly. I agree WoW isn't worth it, but at least it's not as shameful as D3. Imagine if they started selling gear and lowered all rewards to entice people to buy...who knows maybe they will.

And yet another mindless argument about D3 and WoW. If you don't like D3, what are you doing in these forums if you hate the game so much????

I agree the game is way too much based on the AH but it has an element in which is fun to play and makes it more enjoyable to get gear by earning or even paying as opposed to going into raid finder in WoW, dealing with all the kids and having the whole group carry you and get free easy gear.

I've been a career WoW player for years and about half way through MoP I just had enough with the easy mode and negative changes (easier gearing) they keep making to the game so I came back to D3. You shouldn't bash D3 so much. It does have it's limitations but the game is much more challenging than WoW and therefore in my opinion more fun to play.

I was't trying to champion WoW, sorry if I gave that impression. I'd take back my $15 if I could and cancel it. It is too easy and mindless.

I just can't support gutting a beloved franchise for extra profit when the game was already going to make them a fortune. This is what they did with D3. It is, imo, an absolute disgrace. Every aspect of this game is designed to get you to spend money, entertainment and quality were an afterthought.
Edited by doob#1197 on 8/16/2013 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Grimiku
Those are great videos for a trip down Diablo III memory lane. I wish I had more screenshots of my character stats from back then to compare with how they are now.

A worthy thread of a blue, indeed !
Edited by Jimmy#2746 on 8/16/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This argument has been argued upon multiple times. There's only one true answer for this though, to each his own.
Some people like this game and you can't bash on them. People like you don't like the game, we can't bash on you either. Everybody has different preferences. The only rational solution is to walk away with your negative criticism and let people enjoy their own business. This forum was built to criticize the game in a positive way and there is no room for blasphemous opinions.

What you say is a fallacy until you prove it otherwise.
Reply Quote
Well I just came back after a year of being afk..
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 08:09 AMPosted by JordanNay
Wow. That is pretty funny actually!

Thanks. I remember getting that blue dagger with 17% IAS and freaking because it was worth a million gold, and it made my Plague of Toads go so much faster.

I had to swap from my LOH socketed WD dagger to kill belial, and it wound up being act 3 capable farming wise, which was where you wanted to be back then.
Reply Quote
I remember when I played my barb and had around 13k armor, 1.2k all resistance and 60k hp. Took ages to farm act 3 back then. Siegebreaker runs for lyf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]