Diablo® III

JamesPark Has Asked for My (Our) Help

Tonight, in game, James said that he wanted better weapons, but that he has no money.

Now, as some of you know, James' gear is mediocre at best, which is why some GCB members consider him to be a glorified Follower. Since I've known him (6 months?), his DPS has gone from 90k to 175k.

I'm sure what I'm asking for, but this guy has been a loyal tank for me and many other GCB members, and hasn't asked for, or said for that matter, a thing in months. It would sure be nice if I could get some help in getting him some decent DW weapons (He wants high APS on them).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JamesPark-1125/hero/20147713

P.S. I have good reason to believe that he's not that handy with the AH.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why not get him some DE and ask him to craft. He can get a way better bracer easy.

Give him a high freeze Azurewrath and a LS/CD knife and he can tank MP10 easy. I was running my barb with that kind of setup at mp5 and it was a breeze. Everything slows down, gets frozen. The chill will help proc CtW for a party of dhs. Remember RtlW proc main hand.

He should give up on his WH and get a IK belt.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/15/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Skorn!
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'll try to talk him into an IK belt, Dat LS.
Reply Quote
View profile
I will definitely help out The Silent Barb. He has been the most reliable tank I have ever come across, and in this day and age it's a rare thing to find a barb who won't go running halfway across the map to keep Wrath up.

It didn't matter if I was goofing off in MP2 or going balls out in MP10... He as almost always there, tanking and spanking with nary a word of complaint (or any words at all for that matter)
Reply Quote
View profile
I do many giveaways so I probably can help him out :P

He spent too much money gemming his weapons
Reply Quote
I definitely wouldn't mind chipping in to help. Always pretty awesome to just have him show up in my games and actually play WITH the team, unlike most barbs.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 05:03 AMPosted by RedCell
Yeah, I'll try to talk him into an IK belt, Dat LS.

I was looking at his gear last nite and found that he could get rare pants that would provide probably the same amount of health only socketed with a little bit less strength on them. Sockets would make up and surpass the strength lost. And this was only at about 5M - 10M.
Reply Quote
That's awesome guys, I'll be on tonight and this weekend.

P.S. I got some great input from a grandfather over on the barb forum as to what sort of weapons he should use.
Reply Quote
View profile
The big question, in my mind, is what direction does Mr. Park want to take his Barb?

Much like any class, there are different gear requirements for different Barb builds.

Naturally, The Silent Barb doesn't frequent the forums... nor does he choose any of the cookie cutter options like WW/Rend or WW/HotA.

Judging his build, he justs like to get in the face of monsters, and smack em down.

In that regard, he probaly would benefit more from LS than LoH because he doesn't do a lot of "tick" damage.
Reply Quote
@Tropical

I did not know this until last night, but James said he loves to be fast, thus we can infer that he wants 2 one handed weapons with IAS on both. Furthermore, being a dual wielder myself, I assume that he wants an axe for his main hand to get the 10% CC from Weapons Master. The questions are: 1) does he want an EF, and 2) will he be willing to give up WH for IK with LS thereby giving us some leeway with weapons.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 8/16/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@Tropical

I did not know this until last night, but James said he loves to be fast, thus we can infer that he wants 2 one handed weapons with IAS on both. Furthermore, being a dual wielder myself, I assume that he wants an axe for his main hand. The questions are: 1) does he want an EF, and 2) will he be willing to give up WH for IK with LS thereby giving us some leeway with weapons.

Ha! Well, he's packing 75% attack speed and spams Frenzy - Vanguard... you don't swing metal much faster than that.

He is, however, severely lacking on Crit Chance... so netting him a big dps boost on weapons alone will be very tough.
Reply Quote
He has 27 CC from gear, and 15 CC from passives for a total of 42% CC. Throw in 10 CC from Wrath and he's at 52 CC, which isn't too shabby. Also, there's a reason why 3 classes use 2 pc Nat's. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
All classes but WD
Reply Quote
Nyan, do you think James could benefit from Nat's boots and ring?
Reply Quote
typically barbs dont use IK belts for LS... they have a passive that takes care of it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VonDerKluge-1197/hero/15612922

ill see wut i got in stash later :D
Reply Quote
View profile
He needs a good health pool to benefit from it tbh
I recommend him to get a life steal skorn, this will require ias on his gear

here is an example of one of my skorn barbie friends w/ nat set

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CoMM-1468/hero/27316658

His resist is a bit low tho, james is really high

bloodlust is terrible because they other passives to benefit a lot more from such as brawler

Get him a cold SoJ so he can proc cold damage for us ^.^
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 8/16/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think those pants could be changed out for sure.

I have already bidded on an upgrade for him... my goal is to exchange that double dex roll for a double vit roll, then he can drop the amethyst in his boots (or choose to drop those boots altogether)

I am not sure my bid will win, at the pants I am looking at (they're also Blackthorne's) have double sockets, which tend to sky rocket in price.

Edit: The other, more common route for Barbs is to go with Inna's for the movement speed and attack speed, but that will kill a crap ton of his eHp, and kinda goes against his tank n' spank style.
Edited by Tropicalypso#1473 on 8/16/2013 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After looking at VonDerKluge's Barb, I think we could get by with one of his weapons (EF maybe) not having LS or LoH, which would help keep the cost down. For the other weapon, I'd like to get some LS on it so he can stack it with bloodlust or go with brawler. Whatever we do, I want to make sure we don't mess up his life sustain, which is why I think better Blackthornes is a better choice than inna's.
Reply Quote
So I've been thinking, maybe we should get him LoH weapons instead of LS. I know barbs don't like LoH because of the RltW nerf, but here me out. Firstly, James doesn't even use RLTW. Secondly, wouldn't LoH scale better with his high APS? For example, if there were two barbs with 100 k DPS but differing APS, 1 and 2, and they both attack a target for 1 second, then they both would gain the exact same amount of LS, but the barb with 2 APS would get twice the amount of life returned from LoH than the other, provided the amounts of LoH were the same. Therefore, why not get him LoH, as I doubt he will ever run double Nado?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]