Diablo® III

JamesPark Has Asked for My (Our) Help

^ Yup. I have a feeling that's how he rolls... get's in the face of everything and lives off of LoH and a crazy amount of mitigation.

The BT pants I am working on have 400 loh, so he will get a small increase over his existing BT pants.
Reply Quote
The legendary silent barb that takes care of DH be real. Honestly I thought he was a myth. I was fortunate to have done some runs with him thru other GCB members, I do not speak ye barb, but would like to help if I could. Rumor has it that he is the real heir to Bul-Kathos....
Reply Quote
can i get some back story of this legendary james park?
Reply Quote
Some say he's afraid of ducks, and that there is an Airport in Russia named after him...

All we know is, we call him The Silent Barb.
Reply Quote
Some say he's afraid of ducks, and that there is an Airport in Russia named after him...

All we know is, we call him The Silent Barb.
LOL
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Killua
can i get some back story of this legendary james park?

I first met him in an Uber game a half a year ago or so, right around the time the GCB formed. He sent me a friend request, and since then he's been joining GCB games and tanking mobs while we DHs burn them down, all the while not saying a word. This went on for months. We stopped asking him questions,and instead just talked to him as if he were a mute, thus the Silent Barb moniker.

For a long time we didn't know what his deal was. Did he not speak English? Was he a bot? We didn't know. What we did know, however, was that he was a great team player, which most barbs aren't. So we sort of gave him the roll of the official follower of the GCB clan.

Then one day he broke his silence.

He is still a Barb of few words, and I have a theory as to why, but I'll just leave it at that.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 8/17/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is he Korean? Park <-- sounds Korean to me. OH btw, its kinda un related to topic, Where GCB members usually meet up? in game or any voice chat programs? GCB website?
Reply Quote
I feel extremely lucky then. The one single game I played with him recently, he spoke because we were in another location of the map, and he encountered an elite. He said, and I quote. "Help elite here."

That is all. Haha, it was absolutely fun to watch his barb swing away with swords at a blazing rate though.
Reply Quote
Is he Korean? Park <-- sounds Korean to me. OH btw, its kinda un related to topic, Where GCB members usually meet up? in game or any voice chat programs? GCB website?

He's of South Korean heritage and lives on the West Coast.

The GCB has a TS server.
Reply Quote
I have rolled with him a couple of times... He is a pretty good and courteous player. He really knows how to play with the DH class... Some say that he was born DH, but went to the gym too often and took steroids that made him bigger than all the other DH. It is also said that his beard is fake.... I will add him to my friend list if I do play with him again...
Reply Quote
Here are the upgrades we got for James:

Tropical and I got James a decent EF

Tropical got him a nice pair of Blackthornes with a Str/Vit roll and 2 OS

Black Venom gave him a 10xx DPS axe with LS, CHD, and OS.

Black Venom found him a nice IK belt with high str and a Frenzy skill bonus.

If James uses the gear we got for him, he'll have 5% + LS, which would allow him to ditch Bloodlust and slot Brawler.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 06:14 PMPosted by RedCell
The GCB has a TS server.

How i join TS server? @_@?
Reply Quote
I first met James Park this past February when I joined a game that a coworker of mine had started. James was in the game when I arrived, and I simply assumed that he was one of my coworkers. So when Mr. Park sent me a friend request, I quickly accepted...

Over the next couple of months, he became a consistent presence in my matches, regardless of what MP I was running. After awhile, I asked my coworker who James Park was, and he said he didn't know, and that he met him in a random pub match.

Right around this time, the Glass Cannon Clan started gaining steam. I joined the GCB, and quickly met up with RedCell, DieOxide, FLIGHT, and the rest of the crew. We had many rounds together, and naturally, Mr. Park joined in.

After awhile, I started reading on the forum about a mysterious, silent barbarian who had friended a great many DH's, and willingly tanked for anyone he ever met. He was a loyal companion, as he would never run ahead, and always came to your aid whenever the heat would dial up. When you paused, he'd stand by your side, when you portaled to town, he joined you to unload his spoils.

Truth be told, we actually thought he was a bot for the longest time, until one day, after months of silent battle, he simply said, "good night".

Thus, he became known as The Silent Barb, and the rest, as you say, is history.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Maniac
The GCB has a TS server.

How i join TS server? @_@?

The info is on the GCB website. Get into contact with DiEoxidE, he'll get you started.
Reply Quote
Truth be told, we actually thought he was a bot for the longest time, until one day, after months of silent battle, he simply said, "good night".

Are you serious?

This is spooky you know.
Reply Quote

Are you serious?

This is spooky you know.

Yeah, he didn't say a word for months.

I remember one where it just James and me until another Barb, Crash, joined. We played a bit, and then Crash made some comments about his gear, somewhere along the lines of "how can you have X number of elite kills and still have great like that? To which James responded with silence.

Crash asked him s few more questions to no avail. I found the whole thing to be quite amusing so I let Crash talk in an echo chamber for a while before telling him about James. It was pretty funny. You could almost here the confusion in Crash's text.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 8/17/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Are you serious?

This is spooky you know.

Yeah, he didn't say a word for months.

I remember one where it just James and me until another Barb, Crash, joined. We played a bit, and then Crash made some comments about his gear, somewhere along the lines of "how can you have X number of elite kills and still have great like that? To which James responded with silence.

Crash asked him s few more questions to no avail. I found the whole thing to be quite amusing so I let Crash talk in an echo chamber for a while before telling him about James. It was pretty funny. You could almost here the confusion in Crash's text.

Ya, I almost fell out of my computer chair when he actually said something for the very first time in one of my games. I think we were doing ubers and he said "again?" each time we finished. I assume he liked doing ubers lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]