Diablo® III

TWINK PVP with Editing !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4n-PWRmAs4&feature=youtu.be

with editing BOOM
Reply Quote
Low level pvp is so exploitable with certain items it isn't fun, it becomes a 1shot fest where ranged = win. I could make a twink character that would roflstomp everyone in that video with no skill on my end.
Reply Quote
This is where a hellfire ring would make a nice difference!
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Iria
Low level pvp is so exploitable with certain items it isn't fun, it becomes a 1shot fest where ranged = win. I could make a twink character that would roflstomp everyone in that video with no skill on my end.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66118129&f=142

Do you even know what you're talking about? I think you have it mixed up with 60 pvp. That is a one shot fest.
Reply Quote
You are asking me if I know of the existence of level 10 items with sockets and Marquise Rubies making them 300+ DPS at level 10? Or the existence of Hellfire Rings which do ~20k damage before mitigation (making it impossible to survive at level 10)? Or that DH with such items can just use Hungering Arrow for homing 1-shots?

As for level 60 PVP, very few skills can 1-shot good players (both good in gear and skill). And those are: Wave of Light, Hammer of the Ancients, and Seven Sided Strike, and that's about it. Nothing else to my knowledge will 1-shot a decently geared player especially if they are gearing towards EHP. Also, there are many more defensive tools available at high levels such as Near Death Experience type passives and Serenity type skills.
Reply Quote
Iria is among the top PvP players in D3 and he surely knows what he is talking about!

p.s. Of course there are a lot of totally bad equipped players trying to do PvP, and they do get 1 hit killed!
Edited by DerfelCadarn#1601 on 8/31/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 12:15 AMPosted by FknWizard
I think you have it mixed up with 60 pvp. That is a one shot fest.

If you stand in stupid places and spam attacks in 1-spot, yeah, you will get 1-shotted at level 60.

Since concepts like efficiency in low mp speed runs and enraging were introduced before PvP, people tend to ignore defensive aspects of the game. They do not use the environment to their advantage nor do they move out of the way of an attack. They do not use the environment to trap and confine their opponents since efficiency tells them to kill everything as quick as possible as opposed to taking the time to lore and trap your enemies. People do not move out of the way of an attack since life steal will restore your health and if you are not constantly attacking, you lose dps which will result in an enraged boss. That is why people tend to think PvP is a 1-shot fest, they sit in 1 place and spam attacks. Further more, they usually spam the attacks in a wide-open space to avoid their attacks from getting stuck in the walls. If what I suspect is correct about positioning in the environment buffs both crit chance and damage, standing still in the open is the worst way to play D3 PvP. Unless you are a bunker DH.
Reply Quote
It makes me laugh when people call Lv 60 brawling a 1 shot fest. 95% of the people I meet in pub games have sub-100k health, minimal defensive stats, and don't know how to adapt gear to the situation (i.e I see so many wds who use full glass cannon builds w/ a mojo against high dps FoK DH), so it's no wonder you get one shotted. I honestly can't remember the last time I got 1 shotted by anything.

Gear, spec, and adapt properly and the 1 shots will stop.
Reply Quote
There are still things that can 1-shot, but they are avoidable if you watch out for them e.g. WotB Rend or HotA, WoL - Explosive Light, etc.
Reply Quote
You are asking me if I know of the existence of level 10 items with sockets and Marquise Rubies making them 300+ DPS at level 10? Or the existence of Hellfire Rings which do ~20k damage before mitigation (making it impossible to survive at level 10)? Or that DH with such items can just use Hungering Arrow for homing 1-shots?

As for level 60 PVP, very few skills can 1-shot good players (both good in gear and skill). And those are: Wave of Light, Hammer of the Ancients, and Seven Sided Strike, and that's about it. Nothing else to my knowledge will 1-shot a decently geared player especially if they are gearing towards EHP. Also, there are many more defensive tools available at high levels such as Near Death Experience type passives and Serenity type skills.

I was making you aware there are rules for low level dueling to make it so it's not a one-shot fest. I see you chose to ignore the link I posted and replied defensively anyway. I was writing to your original post:

08/19/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Iria

If you even opened and read the first page of that link you would understand what I was trying to make you aware of. What you did was cool too, I guess...
Reply Quote
It makes me laugh when people call Lv 60 brawling a 1 shot fest. 95% of the people I meet in pub games have sub-100k health, minimal defensive stats, and don't know how to adapt gear to the situation (i.e I see so many wds who use full glass cannon builds w/ a mojo against high dps FoK DH), so it's no wonder you get one shotted. I honestly can't remember the last time I got 1 shotted by anything.

Gear, spec, and adapt properly and the 1 shots will stop.

I do not have much experience in 60 brawling but when I did it was how you mentioned: people not properly geared. But, that is the large majority of brawlers at 60. The point I was making was that the rules agreed upon by low level duelers make the game more balanced and almost impossible to one-shot. It's just a more fun option for some people.

You can't say that 60 pvp is not a one-shot fest then later say that essentially 95% of the players get one shot. I understand what you're saying in that it is their fault for not gearing properly but it is still a one-shot fest the majority of the time. Unless, of course, you only play with the limited number of geared players interested in brawling. In public games I wait to be corrected.
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Weasel765
I think you have it mixed up with 60 pvp. That is a one shot fest.

If you stand in stupid places and spam attacks in 1-spot, yeah, you will get 1-shotted at level 60.

Since concepts like efficiency in low mp speed runs and enraging were introduced before PvP, people tend to ignore defensive aspects of the game. They do not use the environment to their advantage nor do they move out of the way of an attack. They do not use the environment to trap and confine their opponents since efficiency tells them to kill everything as quick as possible as opposed to taking the time to lore and trap your enemies. People do not move out of the way of an attack since life steal will restore your health and if you are not constantly attacking, you lose dps which will result in an enraged boss. That is why people tend to think PvP is a 1-shot fest, they sit in 1 place and spam attacks. Further more, they usually spam the attacks in a wide-open space to avoid their attacks from getting stuck in the walls. If what I suspect is correct about positioning in the environment buffs both crit chance and damage, standing still in the open is the worst way to play D3 PvP. Unless you are a bunker DH.

You mean that is why it is a one-shot fest. It may not have to always be, but it IS because your opponents choose to do these things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]