Diablo® III

Impale and and of Knives

Needs a serious buff imo. I tried switching it for my Spike Trap: EB but the damage done by the traps overshadow them to great lengths. Since impale only do single target , make it do 500% weapon damage. Fan of knives AOE should be greater; like 20 yards. or better yet, make it a passive that has a chance to activate everytime the DH get hit. I dunno, maybe I just like the skills concept and I really wanna use them for high mp runs.
Reply Quote
View profile
Here use this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle
it does about 1/3~1/2 the damage off Fan of Knives. Activates when you are hit.

You should be using bola + sticky + impale imo. You can get really nice combo with these. And if the damage goes up. It will be even better than what we already have.

tbh I'm kind of against buffing every skill, they need to be balanced with their hatred spend. Monk is a screwed up class as all of their skill got buffed in damage without changing ANY of its mechanics.

Overpenetration should be removed from Impale. It creates an illusion that the attack will hit multiple targets.
imo all Knifes need this
... Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 2 seconds and
... do an extra 100% damage on successful Critical Hits

If...
- Awareness -
Throw out multiple blades centered on you, dealing 265% weapon damage to all enemies within 10 yards.
^ Fan of Knives without cooldown
- Assassin's Knives -
Throw 5 long-range knives that deal 220% weapon damage to nearby targets.
^ 5 Impale in 1 attack with cooldown.
If...
- Crippling Razors -
Affected enemies are immobilized for 2 seconds and slowed by 60% for 5 seconds.
^ add more crowd control
Reply Quote
Pick one:

"I will throw this on the table for our developers team"

"Seems like a great idea, we may talk about it"

"This idea would make the game so much better, but we've got other priorities right now"

"This idea would make the DH class a bit better indeed and put them on the same level as the other classes, you may hear of it again before 2023"
Reply Quote
many spells (including runes) weren't designed for range play that well at all.

I do remember developers talking about imaple as example which needs to be buffed. Also how our hatred is being generated. So i'm sure (hope so) much will be improved in the next patch.

my guess impale, chakram, cluster arrow, muiltshot etc things nobody hardly ever uses because of huge hatred drain with low damage. I'm sure others can name some other spells. basically blizzards buffs things nobody uses, but that's just my opinion who knows.

if you're looking for AOE lightning ball is best option, and its my personal fav spell. since density has been increased, it does help a lot more.since it hits more then once same target. you generate discipline quickly if you have nights talker.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/18/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Krak
if you're looking for AOE lightning ball is best option, and its my personal fav spell. since density has been increased, it does help a lot more.since it hits more then once same target. you generate discipline quickly if you have nights talker.

AOE?

Rain of Vengeance my friend. Number one on my list
1. Rain of Vengeance (*no-rune)
2. Fire at Will
3. Volatile Explosives
Reply Quote
compared to lightning ball those are really bad choices, sorry. I'm aware of them but for something you can easily spam lightning ball is just too good. Lightning ball even works if mobs are behind you, generates discipline much quicker with night stalker, and if you happen to have LS on your weapon few lightning bolts...back to full health. (since it hits same target more then once, big plus for me)

only thing I like on that list is muiltshot you included. (fire at will)
maybe next patch this spell be worth using more but it doesn't generate discipline as fast lightning ball which for me is huge downside.
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 12:04 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
... do an extra 100% damage on successful Critical Hits

I want the old Impale: GW back. The new version suck balls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]