Diablo® III

Rate the Monk above you...Version GG

Everybody seems to have rated everybody already, so here's my MP10 solo "farming gear." As usual it's budget based. This one a little under 700 million (including crafts and gems).

EDIT: I can't add up. Forgot the gem in my helm. Total cost of this set is about 717 million.

Spear-chucker (idiot savant)
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 8/21/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Everybody seems to have rated everybody already, so here's my MP10 solo "farming gear." As usual it's budget based. This one a little under 700 million (including crafts and gems).

Spear-chucker

I see one ring that would easily fetch $15-20. You're kidding on the budget right?
Reply Quote
@dawg

200k with WKL plus respectable AR with OWE and on par with 50k+ Vit all while using Innas set. Only thing now is to craft better pieces while waiting for itemization cause to upgrade your gear like a better Nats set would just not be cost effective right now.

9/10

@Spear

Your budget build is pushing the boundaries of the AH market. One of these days your going to crack and pick up an item that will cost you twice your combined gear set :P

9.5/10

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
@dawg

200k with WKL plus respectable AR with OWE and on par with 50k+ Vit all while using Innas set. Only thing now is to craft better pieces while waiting for itemization cause to upgrade your gear like a better Nats set would just not be cost effective right now.

9/10

@Spear

Your budget build is pushing the boundaries of the AH market. One of these days your going to crack and pick up an item that will cost you twice your combined gear set :P

9.5/10

Cheers,
CC-

Very nice write up. Could be a little harsher but understand the perception.

There is a litmus test for any budget toon - will you sell it for 700 mil, all the transferrable items? I take it make a ton more...
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 8/21/2013 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@
dawgiestyle

Nice Monk, 90K HP! :) Love your build, but I think it would be better if you dissed the EF and provided you with an LS WKL, and attack speed for hands and amu.
Reply Quote
@Eyeless: Great cookie cutter! Love bracers & WKL. 9.3/10
Reply Quote
@Ragnar

Nice TR monk with full inna set and soj. I think you can cast alot of big bells. But your hp and ar are bit low. I think that might be your next upgrade. (8.5/10)
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/21/2013 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There is a litmus test for any budget toon - will you sell it for 700 mil, all the transferrable items? I take it make a ton more...

@Dawg, it's not much of a litmus test and I'm a Chemist IRL. The whole idea of a budget toon (at least IMHO), is to buy low, sell high. I bought the gear on my toon for 717 million. Would I sell it for that? Absolutely not. Anyway, that's another story.

Looked at your gear change yesterday, 89K health - that's impressive man.

@ManU, you've been rated more times than the Rocky series, Nightmare on Elm Street Series and the Halloween series put together. I think you need to go back to OWE and get more unbalanced as a challenge.

Spear (tee hee)
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 8/22/2013 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 03:03 AMPosted by !@#$%^-*!@er

@Dawg, it's not much of a litmus test and I'm a Chemist IRL. The whole idea of a budget toon (at least IMHO), is to buy low, sell high. I bought the gear on my toon for 717 million. Would I sell it for that? Absolutely not. Anyway, that's another story.

Looked at your gear change yesterday, 89K health - that's impressive man.

@ManU, you've been rated more times than the Rocky series, Nightmare on Elm Street Series and the Halloween series put together. I think you need to go back to OWE and get more unbalanced as a challenge.

Spear (tee hee)

I hear you and understand the "little game" that is keeping your interest. My test is no test for that, agree.

I looked and saw 3 pieces that had really good value~
Reply Quote
HAHAH YES, dawgie, i had to rate you cause of dat siq name.

Solid deeps!

Solid EHP!

Only thing im gonna question is maybe why you havent got a gnarly CD WKL considering ur using a sweeping wind heavy build. Doubt you will ever need duel LS unless u hit a reflect pack, or ur doing users. You should give one a try if u havent already. You will destroy

Keep rolling bracers, you might get more EHP out of a duel res bracer, and if ur lucky get vit 300+ dex and 6cc

9.5 / 10 mah man.
Reply Quote
@hung
9/10 good EHP and very nice craft shoulder you got there
Reply Quote
@extashie, very sexy mempo, some nice crafts.. 8/10
Reply Quote
Extrashoes man! Long times!

Love your weapons! Wish AR and LS was little higher! 9/10
Reply Quote
@KimSulki84

Nice shoulders you got there and mempo :) Wish you had a little more AS 9/10
Reply Quote
@Bringrofpork

We'd all wish we had more AS after looking at your monk. It has a very old look to the gear, something i haven't seen for a year. Solid set up and works for what you are doing but I guess my overall sense is increasing that dps which would change the focus from loh to ls.

I really like your skill selection as I also have a very similar selection on my female monk. It's really fun and little different from the in your face tank. Again, selection has an old feel to it but that could be just me. 8/10

@hungdawg

What dawg?

Your main question is the most common question asked. The official reply would be that I mostly uber and elite hunt when I play and dislike doing any sort of gear switch during combat. But if I really think about it, its a crutch, plain and simple. It's just something that guarantees I survive during the most heated elite fights with the lazer, frozen, jailer, poison combos. And that shouldn't be why I duel LS.

But isn't it fun to faceroll the content and feel god-like during the game? Therapeutic at least...
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 8/22/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Spear (tee hee)

I created this topic, because I like do rate the monk gears. I wont go back OWE, I want that free slot. You will be OWE free too, because the new gem with resistant stat will be released on new x-pac.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/22/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 06:59 PMPosted by ManUnited
I created this topic, because I like do rate the monk gears. I wont go back OWE, I want that free slot. You will be OWE free too, because the new gem with resistant stat will be released on new x-pac.

Spear has been in full troll mode these days I honestly don't know how to deal with this :S

@Dawgiestyle

nice name brah
nice amulet brah
you could use some more resists though, even though your hp is really high, I wonder if it makes a difference.
rest looks solid, that 12% on the ring...
Reply Quote
@Xin

what can I say...............But very solid monk 10/10
Reply Quote
@holy

I say aim for tri gloves and ammy. as well as get a MH weapon wit Dex on it.
Reply Quote
@Ghost

Try crafting some shoulders. With any luck you can roll better than Vile Wards. Also that chest piece I think is holding you back because of the low Dexterity. But if you like it. Keep it. 7.5/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]