Diablo® III

Adria will be the angel of death in expansion

Calling it now.
Reply Quote
What Diablo 3's quality of writing its best to bet on what is most predictable. It would either be Adria or Imperius.
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Jimmy
What Diablo 3's quality of writing its best to bet on what is most predictable. It would either be Adria or Imperius.

I think it's going to be that one Angel who was driven insane when the world stone was taken. Adria doesn't make sense because she's not an angel. Imperius doesn't make sense because he's not evil; merely misguided/kind of a tool.
Reply Quote
It is going to rain tomorrow in Florida, calling it now!
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Jimmy

Actually, that would make it Malthael. You know, the former Archangel of Wisdom. Uses scythes. Couldn't handle the destruction of the Worldstone and disappeared, rumored to be roaming the halls of Pandaemonium.

His weapons are even the centre-piece of their Gamescom display.
Reply Quote
Duh, the dead will rise... so more zombies.
Oh and Cain will show up again to be a plot mechanic again.
Reply Quote
The angel of death is a AH killler, so all that left in the game will be destroyed...
Reply Quote
View profile
Imperius
Reply Quote
I suspect that Adria will most definitely make an appearance. And possibly a few other characters. I would like to see what happens to Lea's spirit though. I have a feeling that isn't over either. May have a quest regarding that for all we know.

If they want the expansion to be a great success, I recommend making sure it adds some depth to the game. Besides going toward making the game itself a bit better and more rewarding.

Looking forward to it though. =P
Reply Quote
I liked the story-telling of D3. Must kinda be the only with that impression ...
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Danic
I liked the story-telling of D3. Must kinda be the only with that impression ...

The problem with D3 is that while the player has access to very rich lore (in-game books, conversations, legendary flavor, D1+D2 backstories, and the novels), very little of this is told to the player through voice-acted conversations and cinematics.

The best example is the Coven. The Coven is actually just a small part of the Triune. The Triune was created by a demon called Lucion, who is the son of Mephisto. Lucion created the Triune as a means to establish a religion in Sanctuary devoted to Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal. The three prime evils were given different names to hide their true nature; respectively Dialon, Mefis, and Bala. Lucion is not confirmed to have been killed in the Sin War, and is likely still out there somewhere.

None of that is told to the player in D3. Instead, players are led to believe it is just a simple cult led by a "butterfly queen".

Edit: Typo
Edited by Crim#1923 on 8/19/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Danic

Nah; I liked some of it. I wasn't put off by Cain's death, or Diablo's bewbs, etc. Just the general lack of insidious darkness/despair that permeated D2. Also the chatty bosses. I thought the thematic elements (destruction/subversion of virtue) were clever and appropriate, but the execution was lacking. Cain's death was supposed to be poignant, not ridiculous. Same with Leah's possession. The only character that elicited emotion from me was Tyrael, in the scene where he renounced his wings/immortality.
Reply Quote
its obviouse the main villain is going to be the leader of the theives guild, not adria, aferall

quote: "The rest of the theives guild will find you" act 1 aquireing scoundrel
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Dispirit
It is going to rain tomorrow in Florida, calling it now!

ha, it's funny cuz it rains almost every single day in Florida.

God I love people who have to actually finish jokes for people. Like, that was the whole point. We didn't need you to go on an explain it!
Reply Quote
I can't wait to kill zombie Deckard with the horodric cube...
Reply Quote
That little insane mumbler before you go meet the spider queen! The prophet speaks. LoL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]