Diablo® III

Need help with my CM/WW wizard build

I am trying to improve my build in both defense and offense. My goals are to maintain:
Min 800 Loh
50 crit chance
2.5 attack speed
around 700-800 all res

I already understand that I need to replace my chest with a tal rasha's that has all res and that I need to get a better amulet. Other than that I could use some advice on the best ways to improve dps. I am trying to get around 250+ dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CheesyLlama-1928/hero/25918297
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
In addition to your Tal's chest being rather poor, your BT pants are also.

You'd do alot better with 70AR/2OS BT Pants.

For a chest, you could consider an 750 or 800 armor one, instead of 70AR. The Armor will be like ~50AR but cost alot less (i.e. pack more stats in, like double VIT).

You only need 18-20 APOC for the build to work well, but you are running 29. I'd consider a non-APOC Chant force (with double INT (and VIT)) for a HUGE DPS upgrade. The other altermative is a CC Mempo but you'll have to add LoH to an ammy or a ring.
Reply Quote
I was debating between the mempo and Loh ammy or the force. I wasn't sure what would be better in the long run. The advice on the chest is a good one. thanks for the advice
Reply Quote
View profile
Here is your d3up profile: http://d3up.com/b/981339

Look at "total damage reduction" (i.e. %mit or mitigation)

You should be striving for at least 87% mit for the highest MP's. I find that 88% is really the minimum to be kinda comfortable for MP10. Really, 89% is nice....or more. Tough to do...tough to push DPS high without sacrificing mit - I recently made the decision to chase the dragon (chase DPS) by dropping down from 89%mit to 88%. I'm lower than 88% right now for the competition thing we're doing...but unity has extra LoH...which makes up for it.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/19/2013 11:22 AMPosted by CheesyLlama
I wasn't sure what would be better in the long run.

Well, I have to admit that Mempo/APOC Force is the way to go in the end. The mempo gives more EHP, which allows a little extra flexibility in gearing. Basically, all of the top wizards eventually went this way, so, empirically, its the best way to go (in the end).

But, there's also no reason why you can't get to 250k with SC...I'm at 300k (well, 299k, lol), and plenty of others have done it too. Its just that APOC Force and high CC Mempo are really, really expensive. I imagine that you'd have to drop 4-6B for a top tier set (probably bought on the private market from people on this forum, or dprog). You could certainly back off to 5CC Mempo and less avg damage from the Force and spend less.

Regardless, you still have alot of headway you can make with your current gear. BT pants will run you 100-500M depending on stats. Probably 400-800M for a good Tal's chest which we talked about. INT and/or VIT on your Lacunis will run you 500M or more. And all of those will transfer to a Mempo build if you choose to go that route. In other words, there's still plenty for you to work on.

On the other hand, lol (is any of this actually helping you?) if you go mempo then you get the extra EHP (OS, AR) and maybe you don't need the double VIT roll on the Chest, or can go 2OS/INT on the pants. Or CC/doubleINT/vit roll on the lacunis (no AR).

So many decisions. Budget wise, unless you have deep pockets, I think you can still do really well the the SC setup.
Reply Quote
Your easiest change would probably be:

High armor Tal's chest with a little extra Vit
70 AR and 700+armor BT pants
A Chantodo's force without APoC with high Int and some Vit, plus more average damage

That could help you reach 200k DPS and 87% Mit

And I don't recommend OS BT pants as they're for chasing DPS, which should be avoided until you have high Mit

I run at 89.54% Mit, and it helps. A lot. I can stand in just about anything.
Reply Quote
I recently switched from standard CM/WW to SNS and am definitely noticing that 88% mit on 35k HP is a little on the low end of things. It's alright once you get wound up, but those first 2 seconds...

I also see you're 4 ASI below hitting the 2.728 breakpoint. That's kind of a waste. Your ammy looks to be the best place to get past it. Unfortunately that won't help you get to your 250k paper DPS goal, unless you spend a lot.

Zuni's boots work best with the chest and ring for the set bonus. I'd switch it out for some Ice Climbers. Nat's boots + ring work well too, and that gives a little more DPS than IC + rare ring, I think.

And finally, definitely replace that source with an APoC-less one.
Reply Quote
went and did some changes to my build based off of what you guys said.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CheesyLlama-1928/hero/25918297
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 11:34 AMPosted by PieHole
Well, I have to admit that Mempo/APOC Force is the way to go in the end.
For the most part this is true, but the recent sword users need to keep apoc on the helm so they are using a storm crow (at the cost of EHP).

OP your build is very nice. DPS is very good, but you still have a bit of an EHP issue IMO. You're sitting just under 300k EHP and 86% mitigation. Adding all resist to 1 or 2 pieces along with some more vitality will go a long way to surviving on MP10. You should be able to find a source with high int and vit (since you don't need apoc there with your SC). That will up your EHP, but not your mitigation.

Adding to your mitigation is a bit trickier, but still important. Your boots have a low AR roll that can be improved a good bit. The gloves lack armor and all resist which could be a place to upgrade (although you may lose a little bit of dps). Your chest has a mediocre double vitality roll, you should be able to get one with higher rolls and 2 out of 3 of armor/AR/vit. Lacunis also have a wasted roll that could be armor or vitality.

Another option is to get the crit mempo and apoc source, but that is pretty damn expensive and I often wish I hadn't taken the plunge myself.

At any rate, some upgrades in EHP/mitigation should allow you to run storm armor shocking aspect which will more than make up for any loss in sheet dps you may have to incur while boosting your defenses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]