Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls: Everything We Know.

08/21/2013 04:13 AMPosted by tbagala
No, you are obviously trolling with intent to totally derail the thread to another "we hate the AH" thread.

Once again, no one is 'trolling' anything, how about you backtrack a bit and follow the discussion from the beginning of what I wrote, before bothering me again?

This post of yours has NOTHING to do in this thread:

Wrong. The game is designed around the AH and RMAH. If you want to have any amount of fun on this game past Hell difficulty, you're basically forced to use one or the other, decent drops are near nonexistent, crafting costs are high if you want to actually craft anything worth a damn, materials can be farmed but not in a sensible time frame to go on a crafting spree, tomes don't drop near enough for the amount needed, basically everything points to "Buy Me" from the AH. Deal with it.. I keep seeing comments from you about this brain of yours... why don't you use it.
Reply Quote
Correction for the OP, there isn't "6 new legendaries"

The screenshot in question is showing the average amount of legendaries you'd find in Act 3 with loot 2.0 as compared to Act 3 with Loot 1.0.

It was outlining the concept of "less quantity but higher quality;

With Loot 1.0, in one act you'd find-

256 Whites
399 Blues
275 Rares
1 Legendary

With Loot 2.0, in one act you'd find-

73 Whites
266 Blues
83 Higher-quality Rares
6 Game-changing legendaries

So they were just outlining that legendaries will all be changed to be potentially "game-changing" / "Build-enabling", they weren't saying there is a total of 6 new legendaries.

Just FYI.

Righto!

Thanks a lot for notifying me on that. There was a lot to note down during the live stream. I'll update the OP and include a little thank-you note. :)
Reply Quote
Yall hear the black soulstone say 'Not Yet' 1:38-1:40 On the cinematic!? Also when Malthael gets the stone he makes a sound similiar to Darius shuddering when he tells his story, not really relevant to anything but a familiar sound
Reply Quote
but shield sucks, did they do something about it?
Reply Quote
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130821/dzop83qu.jpg

New legendary.

3000 dps 1 hander?

so they just keep pushing those number to keep you buying, We should have know...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard's art department is amazing. The cinematics are amazing and gorgeous what a talented bunch of guys HOWEVER the writing team seems to be back to their old tricks. Someone took a line out of Metzen's dialog book.

Tyrael: The nephalem will stop you
Malthael: No

Actually, Tyrael's line was a setup for Malthael. The full quote is:

Tyrael: The Nephalem will stop you.

Malthael: No one can stop Death.

Which is pretty badass.
Reply Quote

..BAHAHAHA.

ok mate. ;) Fair enough, to each their own.

If the game was done right would these changes even be necessary? I wonder what kind of content we would have saw then??

Like I said, if you are going to go with that logic you will literally never be pleased.

We all know the game wasn't satisfactory at release, we've dealt with that and are looking forward to the future.

Anyway, let's discuss the actual info we have gotten!

If you want to make a thread talking about how bitter you still are at the vanilla title's shortcomings then feel free to do so. ;)
Reply Quote
if you look next to the monk jawbreaker weapon and the legendary sorc wand you'll see 3 stars next to the jawbreaker name and only 2 on the wand

wonder what that's about
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 04:19 AMPosted by MaxiRAoK
but shield sucks, did they do something about it?

It's a main feature of the Crusader class, and you can see him wearing one on the screenshot and in the video.

My bet is a full shield re-vamp with a bunch of cool new shields and unique shield-affixes added.
Reply Quote
Correction for the OP, there isn't "6 new legendaries"

The screenshot in question is showing the average amount of legendaries you'd find in Act 3 with loot 2.0 as compared to Act 3 with Loot 1.0.

It was outlining the concept of "less quantity but higher quality;

With Loot 1.0, in one act you'd find-

256 Whites
399 Blues
275 Rares
1 Legendary

With Loot 2.0, in one act you'd find-

73 Whites
266 Blues
83 Higher-quality Rares
6 Game-changing legendaries

So they were just outlining that legendaries will all be changed to be potentially "game-changing" / "Build-enabling", they weren't saying there is a total of 6 new legendaries.

Just FYI.

Righto!

Thanks a lot for notifying me on that. There was a lot to note down during the live stream. I'll update the OP and include a little thank-you note. :)

No worries man! Good thread. :)
Reply Quote
What we have seen so far looks cool and all. but there is NOTHING that suggests longevity is being improved.
Doesn't look like there is any meaningful character customization, looks like a few stats points you can assign and transmog?

So far to me it looks like 1 month of playtime until it gets boring again and wait for the 2nd expansion and loot 3.0 paragon 3.0. Not impressed by what has been shown so far.
Reply Quote
Sister Mary Elephant enters classroom.

"Todays subject is new xpac features. Lets talk about them"

Off in the corner the AH cheerleaders and their counterparts break into an argument. Soon the whole class is throwing insults at each other.

Sister Mary Elephant: "class, class, CLASS, CLASS........SHADDDDUUUUPPP!!!!
Reply Quote
I see the screenshots of the legendaries show they are account bound. Do they now drop that way or is that because they were modified I wonder.

BTW nice OP Cyberbard & Damien
Reply Quote
Also Cyberbard, might be worthwhile linking this with your Paragon 2.0 mention;

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/8/21/7ddbf428-4dfd-4c06-a2be-34a561879134_800.jpg

That's right folks, some type of manual stat allocation is on the horizon!!!!

I wonder what options are under Attack, Defense and Utility?
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/21/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That's right folks, some type of manual stat allocation is on the horizon!!!!

I wonder what options are under Attack, Defense and Utility?

I'm wondering if you can do naked MP10 with enough pLevels. It's a weird future for gear if so.
Reply Quote
I just want details is all. There has to be more content. I mean, four monsters?

And wasn't the Mystic in beta?

S'ok, the crusader was in Diablo 2, except it was called the paladin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]