Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0

What's your opinion about character diversity in the game? Does skill system implemented in Diablo III serve its' purpose as a major customization feature for characters in game?

What I like about our Skill System is that it gives players a cool toolbox. There should be a role for every skill, a reason for every build and for the most part I think this is working out. We are seeing some common builds for sure, but in the age of wikis and reddit, it is natural for players to gravitate to "one build to rule them all!" but it is not the only way to play. We also hope Paragon 2.0 will shake things up.

Interview with Josh Mosqueira :
http://diablo3.net.pl/d3/Nowosci/1203,Wywiad-z-Joshem-Mosqueira.html
Reply Quote
"Also, maybe potentially adding some sort of customization within the paragon system. Sort of in the vein of a throwback at a Diablo II start location. We've looked at things like that. We definitely have plans to flesh it our more in time. We don’t need to design it from the ground up. What it does, it does well, and we just need to make it more encompassing."

From this Diablofans interview, near the bottom:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1901-the-devs-on-the-past-and-future-of-diablo-full-interview/

I'm thinking that "start location" was supposed to be "stat allocation", though. It makes more sense in the context of the response. lol
Reply Quote
DF: Well then, about the itemization patch: are there any new features that you’re planning, but haven’t announced yet?
Josh: Well, yes and we won’t be announcing them right now. I will say that we have really cool things planned and between now and BlizzCon you're going to be getting more and more information about what exactly’s coming down the pipe in terms of Diablo 3, patches and other really cool things that at this moment we need to be very vague about.

Starting when is what I would like to know.
Reply Quote
i like the sound of that. this may get into xpac.
Reply Quote
@sheltem :
starting at 21.8, first news will be at gamescon.
2 more days..
Reply Quote
paragon 2.0 indeed sounds intriguing.

Hopefully, they will be out as a patch to D2, not in expansion because I will not be buying this game's expansion until this original game is truly an evolution of the previous installment.
Reply Quote
View profile
"Also, maybe potentially adding some sort of customization within the paragon system. Sort of in the vein of a throwback at a Diablo II start location. We've looked at things like that. We definitely have plans to flesh it our more in time. We don’t need to design it from the ground up. What it does, it does well, and we just need to make it more encompassing."

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1901-the-devs-on-the-past-and-future-of-diablo-full-interview/

I'm thinking that "start location" was supposed to be "stat allocation", though. It makes more sense in the context of the response. lol

Yes that is no doubt true, but I hope that it is not the four stats of strength, dexterity, intelligence and vitality. Because if it is then they will have to overhaul the stat system if they do that. Because without adding in depth to the system you would have an illusion of customization. Where players would only spend their points in one of three ways.

All main stat
All vitality
A mix of the two

Doing it any other way would be wrong and gimping your character.
Reply Quote
View profile

Yes that is no doubt true, but I hope that it is not the four stats of strength, dexterity, intelligence and vitality. Because if it is then they will have to overhaul the stat system if they do that. Because without adding in depth to the system you would have an illusion of customization. Where players would only spend their points in one of three ways.

All main stat
All vitality
A mix of the two

Doing it any other way would be wrong and gimping your character.

I really hope that Paragon 2.0 will be a winner.
Reply Quote
Don't under stand what Paragon 2.0 is going to do to the game I am playing??
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Calamity
Don't under stand what Paragon 2.0 is going to do to the game I am playing??

Customization.

The false feeling of customization that comes with the "choice" of stats where there will be clear winners.

Nobody had a choice of stats in D2, even though you got to pick where every stat went, every single character was: Enough str and dex to equip, the rest in Vit.\

By show of hands, who here has too much Vit, Mainstat, attack speed, crit chance, and crit damage? Who here would put points into anything else before those stats?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]