Diablo® III

Which attack is best for killing Elites?

Which attack is best for killing Elites in high mp? Im using rapidfire - bombard but im not sure if thats the best for dps on higher mp elites? does anyone know?
Reply Quote
i mean its preference and opinion, but its definitely between echo traps and rapid fire.

i prefer echo traps, dont have to stand still, can be pre dropped, can hit multiple areas at the same time, can stack them up on 1 guy for 3 hits per sec, and finally you can use another attack while echo traps are dealing dmg, whereas with rapidfire you are not able to throw in another attack, like bolas or cluster grenades.
Reply Quote
Hey thanks.

WHat rune for rapid fire?
Reply Quote
The best attack is sentry
Reply Quote
bombardment is much more versatile and is the one i choose when i use RF (btw, make sure you have 1.61 attack speed with RF bombs)

however, for highest single target dmg its fire support.
Reply Quote
Fire Support or Web Shot (with Cull the Weak) for the hardest hitting attack on a single target.

Typical rotation for me is to drop a Spike Trap, Drop a turret, fire Hungering Arrow a few times to replenish Hatred, then dump Rapid Fire Web Shot into my target.

With CtW and Steady Aim, I can usually burn down an elite to 1/4 health on MP10 using this method... Although I prefer to soften up the elite(s) by having both turrets out, and applying several cycles of Traps + Hungering Arrow.

That way, I can eliminate an entire pack with one cycle of Rapid Fire, rather then try and manage the Hatred through multiple cycles.
Reply Quote
wHY 1.61? I have more i think
Reply Quote
In this case I would suggest Shock colar with Entangling shot or Chain gang and then any rapid fire( webshot or withering fire ) with Gloom on. You look for any chance to unload Rapid fire. In this case a Calamity / Windforce will work with over 2.5 APS plus works best. Unloads rapid fire quicker and also regens via stutter step / shoot play style. Boar plus Sentry guardian is optional and a very good variation in the mix.

700 LoH will also compliment the build / gear very nicely as it will allow you to fully kite and not worry about reflex or using gloom while kiting. This leaves more discipline for caltrops or vault or more smoke screen. You have more options ..

Think outside the box. Try things out and have fun doing it. Cheers..
Reply Quote
companion
Reply Quote
Best attack is Nyaaaa ~
Reply Quote
Dats mai waifu 4 u
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 8/20/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cluster Bombs
Reply Quote
bola shot thunderball stunlock, not fast but safe

rapidfire otherwise
Reply Quote
For tanking, it has to be bombardment for elite pack. For single target, it will be Fire Support.

Sorry I have to show you this old video. Haven't made any new one recently. Post 1.0.8, I don't use Preparation for farming and KW anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNrijIOEuqk
Reply Quote
When you are kiting it's usually when you are low on health and hatred or disc or a combinations of the 3. So it's key to get them back to full ASAP.

ES - slows them down tto easily keep the gap and have high procs for LoH / Nightstalker to restore your resources.

RF and other Spenders are for those opportunities when you can deal damage. You don't want to kite all the time. It's low onscreen damage output..

And overall not fun being controlled by the mob. This is also the difference between a good player versus noob player. A good player will have good control of his/her DH and control / lead the mob packs to their doom ..

Put more thought into your skill choices. I am glad you are here get some ideas but the final decision is yours. Making your own errors and learning as you go is part of the game.

Good luck !
Reply Quote
use caltrops:bait the trap, rapidfire bombardment, and cotw passive and just face tank everything.
for a reference of how i run mp10 and extremley effective i might add.

u can check my build for reference

have the bat up 24/7 i use bola shot bitter pill as my h spender and its great for regaining discipline. i will corral(elites included) a mob up drop a caltrop and stand in it, u can snap shot gloom if u want but u can get away without snapshotting to prepare for the upcoming nerf to snapshotting, but for the sake of arguemnt we will snap shot gloom. so drop a caltrop hit gloom and start rf:bombardment run it until u are just about out of hatred,then hit gloom again and immediatly start fireing ur bolas into the group or elite.by the time ur gloom is about to wear off u should have filled ur disc and hatred back up to a substaional amount if not full, then u can proceed to drop andother caltrop and restart the same process. drop traps ever 5 seconds or so, so u always have the cc bonus from the trap and so that what ur face tanking is slowed and taking addtional damage. i use this build for act 1-3 and it works great and i can run thuis without perfection and do it just find with minimal to no deaths.
Reply Quote
Since DH are well short of eDPS compared to Wizards and WDs, I would say bring out everything!

I used to do Rapid Fire, but since dropped it after some tests today. Bola and Spikes for AOE, Caltrops to slow mobs and gain 10% crit chance, MFD for extra damage, Sentries to drain down mobs.

But every player has different playing style, so who knows you might discover yours if you try out abit. Cheers. :)
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 10:55 AMPosted by hmk21
companion

wolf or bat ?

XD
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Babudoiuz
companion

wolf or bat ?

XD

Ferrets pwn
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 07:12 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
Ferrets pwn

pwn . . . and also get gold !!!!
Thx man i will be rich ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]