Diablo® III

It actually works well. Snapshot no more.

I was just testing out a good, random Lifesteal Manticore Bow I got from buying unIDs. Nothing much special with the bow; I have it equipped now, check my profile. Then I tried removing Shadow Power and Nightstalker from my build. Here is what I came up with:

http://youtu.be/-BCoTYQwNeY

MP10 Ghom kill, no Shadow Power and Nightstalker:
http://youtu.be/v70dtiQxBWk

It actually works well, even for a 300+ AR only Demon Hunter.

As a main RF user, there are a couple of things I really liked with this build:
- No more casting of Shadow Power before channeling Rapid Fire, which saves tons of Discipline. You don't lose much even if you keep on moving, since no more SP before RF. +1 Free Skill slot
- For those who haven't and can't, maybe you can already let go of Nightstalker. +1 Free Passive Skill slot
- Replaced SP with Smoke Screen and just using it when needed. Since most troublesome enemy skills (Frozen, Bull Charge, etc...) have considerable delay before they cast it again, by the time they cast it again I may already have regained some Disc by natural regeneration for SS.
- Most of all, no more reliance with RF lifesteal snapshotting with Shadow Power, which Blizzard is about to fix.

And no, a Windforce bow with LS won't work as efficient as LS 2 socket low atk speed Manticore when it comes to Rapid Fire.

The only problem is huge DPS loss(85k+ for me) since LS Manticores can't roll with +% Weapon Damage, but I don't care simply because it gave me greater diversity and thus I get to play and enjoy with new builds. Also, the difference isn't that much in game. Only like 2 to 5 seconds kill time difference.

Just sharing. Don't be too hard on me.

Cheers
Reply Quote
I like this looks pretty neat

but I got a few questions

1. I don't really like Ghom test cuz the dude is dumb. How does this fare against elites? the nasty ones.

2. Strictly RF? I'm thinking of re-gearing my DH and LS mantis should be dirt cheap but i'll never go RF.

3. Does RoV gives LS when paired with a LS manticore?
Reply Quote
...inb4, 2 emeralds in my LS Manticore gave me a higher bonus than 1 ruby 1 emerald because there's no +% Weapon dmg.
Reply Quote
I like this looks pretty neat

but I got a few questions

1. I don't really like Ghom test cuz the dude is dumb. How does this fare against elites? the nasty ones.

2. Strictly RF? I'm thinking of re-gearing my DH and LS mantis should be dirt cheap but i'll never go RF.

1: I'll test it further then will make another video.
2: Haven't tried man. Maybe it would work with other spenders, but it really works well with RF since it's almost like snapshotting but without snapshotting. Snapshotting is imba and is going to be fixed.
3: Haven't tried too lol. Will try that.
Reply Quote
First off, I am in a different class of DH but I do use a life steal now. I play alot of the other classes which all rely on LS and when I can back to my DH I went that direction.

It works with about any build as it makes you less reliant on SP. I love SP (and still keep it on the bar) as it can get really ugly w some packs, but in most cases I don't even need SP.

I am curious what that Manti you have would cost on the open market. In my budget range it seems like 1 socket with higher DPS is better.
Edited by RileyTillman#1898 on 8/18/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
welcome to the LS club! :P

Don't add two emeralds into the crossbow. Throw in ruby into it, it will very much improve your damage most likely.

I'm on the same boat as you, I've always enjoyed LS on the weapon personally, it helps a lot in the higher mp levels.
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 09:53 AMPosted by MiggyDee
2: Haven't tried man. Maybe it would work with other spenders, but it really works well with RF since it's almost like snapshotting but without snapshotting. Snapshotting is imba and is going to be fixed.

I don't think it'll work cuz RF is a stream of pee doing damage. Other spenders aren't channeling. Sucks.

Maybe it'll work with other spenders if one has more AR on them.
Reply Quote

Don't add two emeralds into the crossbow. Throw in ruby into it, it will very much improve your damage most likely.

I'm on the same boat as you, I've always enjoyed LS on the weapon personally, it helps a lot in the higher mp levels.

Hehe thanks man.

Here's my post above:
..inb4, 2 emeralds in my LS Manticore gave me a higher bonus than 1 ruby 1 emerald because maybe there's no +% Weapon dmg.
Reply Quote
Seems like a good idea to step out of the snapshotting. I see so many RF DH and they are so reliant on snapshotting, I gave it a shot for a while but found it annoying myself (frozen/vortex/fear/etc.). I was wondering what players will go to once RF is "working as intended" and/or nerfed and/or other skills buffed. I stepped away from it completely... I may not out edps a RF DH but I am having fun and can handle any situation :), I am still heavily invested in SP and NS though.

Anyway, grats on making it work!
Reply Quote

Hehe thanks man.

Here's my post above:
..inb4, 2 emeralds in my LS Manticore gave me a higher bonus than 1 ruby 1 emerald because maybe there's no +% Weapon dmg.

I've just tested my own crossbow on d3up.com, and I lose about 10k dps with double emeralds. I'm pretty sure it would increase your damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have tested shadow power-less build using a life steal bow already. It can work but reflect will kill you unless you have godly mit%.

DPS on RF w/ ls crossbow : 530k w/ SoJ

It's still pretty good,, but not sure what to do for reflect w/ my dps. Was thinking about swapping to loh gear and using chain of torment on sentry.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by SwSw

3. RoV life steal from SP so I guess it should.

But I only use the *no-rune, so I don't know about the rest of those trashy runes.
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Krak
I've just tested my own crossbow on d3up.com, and I lose about 10k dps with double emeralds. I'm pretty sure it would increase your damage.

Just bought a new xbow with higher dmg and 3% LS. Now it gives more damage with 1 ruby and 1 emerald. lol
Reply Quote
I have tested shadow power-less build using a life steal bow already. It can work but reflect will kill you unless you have godly mit%.

DPS on RF w/ ls crossbow : 530k w/ SoJ

It's still pretty good,, but not sure what to do for reflect w/ my dps. Was thinking about swapping to loh gear and using chain of torment on sentry.

Just bought some AR gears, did some work with my build and tested them out with a reflect elite. You're right man, no chance with reflect under normal circumstances. Just have to avoid hitting them when they're on, but then Gloom does better in this regard. But at least lol.
Reply Quote
glad to see i'm not the only one now, haha

gj on the new upgrade
Reply Quote
View profile

Yes.

btw, sup with this thread? Of course it works, you think us HC'ers were making this up? :P

You can use Smokescreen now.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 8/18/2013 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A high dam Mani with a decent %dam affix (drop in a marq ruby) with LS will keep u rockin MP 10 easy.

Time your Spike Traps and Bola and you'll rarely die while melting those elites and such. I only drop SP on vortex bad boys that have arcances and poison puddles everywhere.

Your sentries will also help big time with a noticeable increase in DPS output.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]