Diablo® III

crusader base stat

Does anyone know if it will use strength because the monk and dh use dex and the wz and wd use int but only the barb uses strength so does this mean i will be able to use my barb gear on the crusader?
Reply Quote
I will guess Strength since he is a melee and from the looks of it a face smasher..but I wouldn't mind seeing a Strength/Intelligence hybrid
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 08:37 AMPosted by DVDA
but I wouldn't mind seeing a Strength/Intelligence hybrid

so my weirdo strength archon guantlets that rolled 200int would come into use. awesome!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
@Lylirra Tweeted: "Crusader is a strength-based class, yup. Confirmed!"
08/21/2013 08:39 AMPosted by phallenthoul
so my weirdo strength archon guantlets that rolled 200int would come into use. awesome!

I think that would be awesome...however, it will make it much harder for a crusader to craft an item of equivalent strength as other classes, so if he is a hybrid, I can see going either strength, intelligence, or strength/intelligence to be equally as effective.

edit: strength confirmed.....actually kinda disappointed now lol
Edited by DVDA#1208 on 8/21/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
cool thanks but now that we have a higher level cap i might need to upgrade all my gear anyways right?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Crusader class is kind of like a walking tank, and they use Strength as their primary attribute. I think that really fits the Crusader concept, who is a zealous holy warrior wrapped in heavy armor, and wields punishing weapons (like a flail) with a massive tower shield. A lot of your Barbarian gear will be a good fit for them.
Reply Quote
The Crusader class is kind of like a walking tank, and they use Strength as their primary attribute. I think that really fits the Crusader concept, who is a zealous holy warrior wrapped in heavy armor, and wields punishing weapons (like a flail) with a massive tower shield. A lot of your Barbarian gear will be a good fit for them

Really love the art of the crusader and so far the skills look tremendous! I am a huge fan of shields in every game, its just sad that in D3 you lose ton of damage for little survivability when using a shield.

Is there anything done to make shield better in the expansion?

cant wait to play the class :3
Edited by Darkchicken#1116 on 8/21/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
please please please please make the shield useful... i want to play an effective 1hand 1shield class without having to abuse game mechanics
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
08/21/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Grimiku
The Crusader class is kind of like a walking tank, and they use Strength as their primary attribute. I think that really fits the Crusader concept, who is a zealous holy warrior wrapped in heavy armor, and wields punishing weapons (like a flail) with a massive tower shield. A lot of your Barbarian gear will be a good fit for them.

So basically a renamed Paladin. Cool.
Reply Quote
Can the next class be a toaster? You know the kind you put bread into. At least it would actually have a little more thought put behind it.
Reply Quote
View profile
paladin mkII..........and where is the shaft changer?
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 09:11 AMPosted by OpenWound
Can the next class be a toaster? You know the kind you put bread into. At least it would actually have a little more thought put behind it.

I agree....

Paladin, Templar, Crusader.... all holy warriors who wear thick armor. And all stolen from the real and gruesome history of the "Crusades"...

"We told them no classes from the older games...so what about a holy warrior whom aims to smite his unrighteous foes..."

"You mean the Paladin? Or the Templar?"

"No...no...no Lets call this one 'The Crusader' they will never make the connection..."
Reply Quote
Grimiku

awesome i can't wait to try him out
Reply Quote
whats a crusader?
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 09:19 AMPosted by KonaRVP

I agree....

Paladin, Templar, Crusader.... all holy warriors who wear thick armor. And all stolen from the real and gruesome history of the "Crusades"...

"We told them no classes from the older games...so what about a holy warrior whom aims to smite his unrighteous foes..."

"You mean the Paladin? Or the Templar?"

"No...no...no Lets call this one 'The Crusader' they will never make the connection..."

Okay.... I really did laugh out loud at this one...

Well said.
Reply Quote

Will he also suffer from horrific rubber banding due to his skill set making it impossible for new barbs to make enough GPH at a respectable MP LVL while you guys ignore anyone that complains about the problem ?

Oh wait I get it now, this is your fix, we just swap the gear over and we get a working class
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well with how the last one ended i knew there would be an expantion, but i would have liked to seen the necromancer an druid back as well not just a recap on a pally.
Reply Quote
please please please please make the shield useful... i want to play an effective 1hand 1shield class without having to abuse game mechanics

In one of the gameplay trailers I think I heard them say that the armor class on the shield will affect the damage. Not sure exactly how it will affect dmg.

Is an 1150 armor stormshield going to be like an off-hand with 1150 avg dmg? I doubt it. But at least they are making shields more viable.

Also not sure if it is only the Crusader's class-specific shield type that does this or if it will apply to all classes/shield types.
Edited by SeaQueue#1552 on 8/21/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]