Diablo® III

Console Expansion?

Hello,
I currently have Diablo 3 on pre-order for both PS4 and Xbox 360. However, with the expansion coming I'd like some assurance if possible that console users will also get the expansion (Reaper of Souls) at some time in the future.
Reply Quote
67 Human Priest
Watch the interview with Josh at http://diablo.incgamers.com/ he was very non committal and it sounds like it will be a while after PC if we ever see it on console.
Reply Quote
thanks for the video. Yeah it looks like it will come out for the Console, but not until its polished for the PC.
Reply Quote
67 Human Priest
After knowing that are u still going to focus on the console version?
Reply Quote
I had D3 on pre order for long time now since it was announced so me and my wife and son could play together for fun, but I already like this expansion so much that I have canceled my pre order for the console version of D3 only because the expac looks so good that I would for surely not want to play it on consoles now without an expansion. and also because i will most likely be spending my gaming time on the expansion once it comes out. :P
Reply Quote
I personally think games are all about having fun and i think diablo 3 will be fun on console. That's really all that matters to me although, it would be really nice to have xpac on console. That would be the icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
First, the expansion is going to come to PC first. Blizzard has repeatedly said they will focus on their one product, "when it's done, it's done" and they are PC/Mac first and foremost. Second, I think after it is released on the PC market, you'll see the Xbox One and PS4 get Diablo 3 WITH the expansion. There would be no reason to release just Diablo 3 vanilla. The fact that the next-gen is releasing late this year will give users more time to adopt to the new systems if they choose. After that, I think you might see the expansion released on current gen hardware. Let's not forget that not everybody has 400 or 500 dollars to drop on next gen and both PS2 and Xbox had a huge install base before the PS3 and Xbox 360 caught up. Just my two cents worth. But in the end, PC/Mac will getting it first and it will be a while before it comes to console (prolly 6 months after PC release).

***edit*** Though loot runs and Loot 2.0 will come to console in that time frame since they're coming to D3 vanilla.
Edited by GenKenobi#1174 on 8/22/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No doubt there will be great times to be had! Me and my famaily love loot hunters!! and I would enjoy every minute of it for sure, but if there is no hope for the expansion on the console then the longevity of my love for the game on console would surely dwindle after expansion. I went down that road with Sacred 2 a great loot hunting game but it did not get an expansion on consoles due to Deep Silver financial issues. It was very disapointing as we played the game alot and always felt left out.
Reply Quote
hahahaha Loot 2.0 and Loot runs on console, omggggg i can't wait!!
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Tript
hahahaha Loot 2.0 and Loot runs on console, omggggg i can't wait!!

Sadly still no confirmation on that. But console will ship with a different loot theme from what we have on Pc tho, a "Quality over Quantity" type.
Reply Quote
yeah I know, but its still not going to be what Loot 2.0 is with the other additions like Nephalem trials, and loot runs. thats what i really want.
Reply Quote
Hello,
I currently have Diablo 3 on pre-order for both PS4 and Xbox 360. However, with the expansion coming I'd like some assurance if possible that console users will also get the expansion (Reaper of Souls) at some time in the future.

Problem one is we have no idea when D3 for PS4 is even going to be released, all we know is sometime in 2014. So not sure how you pre-ordered for PS4, Gamestop?
Reply Quote
Hello,

Just curious but why would you pre order on 2 systems?
Reply Quote
Guess it will come oneday to the console. For me personally it is no show stopper.
Playing with the fam and or friends on the sofa is a much bigger benefit for me. More social. I like that. Just having hours of fun, some beer and rum on the table. With enough rum inside you, it already feel if you are playing the expansion! :o)
Edited by Malachym#2897 on 8/23/2013 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it will eventually come to the console, if only because they have already done the hard part - i.e. figuring out how to put the game on console; doing the expansion is just a matter of making the tweaks, not inventing them in the first place, you know?

That said, it will also depend on the popularity of the console version. If it doesn't sell well, they won't do the expansion. But, I think it'll sell very well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]