Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.
Edited by DoomDash#1527 on 8/21/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
you don't have to. you just don't start with the additional para bonuses in ROS as the rest of us. no big loss though.
Reply Quote
Well when you wanted to race to get gear that's a pretty big disadvantage.
Reply Quote
Just dont worry!
Lvl70 mosnters will get more exp so the 10 p100 u will reach with your barb in ~300-500 hours!
U dont even need to create new chars right now.

Edit:
DOnt listen to streamers.... they just want get your attention. They(some of them) get paid to have as many viewers as possible and will talk crap to get there!
Edited by Neo#2279 on 8/21/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I felt the same way. this feels rather like punishment for playing single class you enjoyed. On other hand, blizzard is trying to reward those who played other classes as well. Their must be some middle ground reached here though.

On personal note, paragon levels should just be capped on some insane number maybe.For example however many points needed to max out that paragon skill tree, that's where paragon should just stop. After I heard Josh talk about the 1k+ paragon levels, it felt rather silly to me.
Reply Quote
I'm confused. So are current paragon levels being added together? If so I guess I got a pretty good deal ;p
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:16 PMPosted by DoomDash
Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

are you saying people with multiple char has some benefit on the expansion ?

if so, can you give the source link plz thx
Reply Quote
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.

Too bad that items are now essentially worthless, though.
Reply Quote
*shrug* it won't be implemented tomorrow. Still have time to lvling other. If you don't want to, it's your choice, if you want to you still can.
Reply Quote

you're missing the point.

being forced to play other classes simply to gain paragon levels isn't enjoyable. It feels like punishment for enjoying single class which is what OP trying to point.

I do agree with him but I also agree those who maxed out other classes should be rewarded for their efforts but we shouldn't force others to do so or find ways to punish them for not doing it. Like I said their must be some middle ground that could be reached here.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:57 PMPosted by TheTias

The problem is he doesn't want to play other characters. If he did then he'd already be doing it.
Reply Quote

I'm leaving for 4 months on deployment on monday until december 18th (ish) so actually I don't have a lot of time for PLs.
Reply Quote

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.
Reply Quote
View profile
My goal is to level the other classes to paragon 40 or 50. I don't know, I get so bored playing other classes besides Baba and DH.
Reply Quote

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.

that's pretty good compromise regrading ppoints. I would really like blizzard to address this question we're having.
Reply Quote
I really really really don't think this is nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. The fact that i just read that someone is considering not getting the xpac bc of it is absolutely ridiculous. Catering to the hardcore players? If you have a plvl100 character you are in the 1% or even more elite already so what exactly is a hardcore player? the 0.1%? The couple xtra points people who play the game with multiple characters will have is going to mean absolutely nothing in the long run as xp will be easier to come by in the xpac anyhow. Considering the fact that there are 5 playable classes and I think the best part of games like this is having alts in addition to your main character, any encouragement to play multiple heroes should be celebrated. Non-issue
Reply Quote

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

You're not being screwed. Everyone who hasn't been playing like you (just 1 char) is currently being screwed by the existent system. Your advantage is just being removed.
Reply Quote
I see what the OP is saying and understand his point (without looking I'd say he's a barb, lol). My problem is the opposite. I need to know if we are getting additional character slots (I haven't read this anywhere, so if there is info on this, be greatly appreciated) otherwise I need to kill off an Alt, or 2. And that would suck, but at least I've stopped leveling two until further notice, and learning how to die in HC atm.(pretty good at it!)
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 07:00 PMPosted by TheClaw
? The couple xtra points people who play the game with multiple characters will have is going to mean absolutely nothing in the long run as xp will be easier to come by in the xpac anyhow.

Couple extra points? That would only amount to Paragon Lvl 2.

And don't say that the number of P100 characters out there are slim, because I assure you, they are not. People have been constantly grinding (because there's currently nothing else on this game to do) and a lot of them are already in the 90-100 range. Go ahead, join a random monster run and see.

Point is, it is a broken system. Paragon IS the endgame somehow. This was their solution. And people accepted that. Before xpac, it was a goal. But 2.0 turned it into a joke.

Why the need for accound-bound in the first place? Isn't the idea is have one, strong character that you constantly play with, especially in an RPG game? Nobody was complaining why their lvl20 didn't have the Paragon benefits, because they are NOT supposed to have it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]