Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

i guess im one of the few who were ahead of everyone. 4 plv100 characters :) started on my 5th before expansion was even announced.

it's ur fault for sticking to one character so don't blame anyone. i personally felt that i stopped progressing after reaching 100 hence y i did what i did eventho from time to time i go back to my main and play on the plv100. but now it gives me even more reason to lv another character to 100
Reply Quote
It's a customization system. It gives players additional thought in distributing stats they want for certain characters. For instance, I will definitely be maxing out the dodge and dex stats for my second wizard (my "ninja" wizard) whereas I'll be focusing more on traditional DPS and EHP stats for my main wizard. The rest of my characters I'll figure out as I go along. We don't get these options in the current paragon system.

How exactly is it a customization system when there is an unlimited number of points? Its not a question of "should I build for dodge or dps" but instead, "which should I get first, dodge or dps?" Thats not a particularly interesting question to me. With an unlimited number of points you will eventually max every relevant stat so I dont see how that does anything for build diversity or customization.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 8/30/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
How exactly is it a customization system when there is an unlimited number of points? Its not a question of "should I build for dodge or dps" but instead, "which should I get first, dodge or dps?" Thats not a particularly interesting question to me. With an unlimited number of points you will eventually max every relevant in time. I dont see how that does anything for build diversity or customization.

True, you'll max out everything at some point or another. But considering [as of now] there seems to be 750 allocatable points' worth of stats, just how long do you think it'll take before you get to that level? If paragon 2.0 follows the crazy exponential increase per paragon level, it's a long, long journey.

Of course, nothing is concrete yet, but there's a lot more there than zero-decision auto +3 primary, +2 vitality, +1 secondaries per level for any character.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
I would feel totally screwed if all that counted was paragon 100. How can you even make such a bad decision?? It's beyond me, people who are 90, 80 or even lvl 60 don't count?
Reply Quote
This is how I feel. All the many, many hours I spent playing my p100's is now lost. If they tracked that exp after I hit p100 and added it on, then I wouldn't feel cheated by Paragon 2.0.
Reply Quote
Stop crying. These threads are pathetic. There is time to level characters. Nobody forced you to play one class. It's way too boring for one class IMO. And nobody is stopping you from leveling classes. The patch is a long way off. Also you don't have to level more characters, just like you don't have to party to get bonuses, just like you don't have to farm if you don't want drops. Next you will want to sit in town getting xp/drops. Move on.

You people are pathetic, people who legit got screwed are those who played before paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Stop crying. These threads are pathetic. There is time to level characters. Nobody forced you to play one class. It's way too boring for one class IMO. And nobody is stopping you from leveling classes. The patch is a long way off. Also you don't have to level more characters, just like you don't have to party to get bonuses, just like you don't have to farm if you don't want drops. Next you will want to sit in town getting xp/drops. Move on.

You people are pathetic, people who legit got screwed are those who played before paragon levels.
So says the one class who got it so damn easy. How about you you take your own advice and stop crying.
Reply Quote
I would like to know how dead HC characters are going to reflect on the Paragon 2.0 system.
I only have 1 dead P100, but multiple P70-80 and that's a lot of experience, not to mention there are people with multiple dead P100. Seems this topic isn't touched anywhere.
Can you share any information on the topic Grimiku?

Something that definitely needs to be figured out asap for hardcore (otherwise who would dare to risk a p100 for nothing?)

Dead = dead

U will not get any exp if your chars are dead.
There is no other fair solution becuase that is the fiar solution.
When paragon 2.0 is there u will gain the exp until u die. If u die the exp is still in the shared exp of your acc but previous dead chars before 2.0 gain nothing.
DOnt even think otherwise!
Reply Quote
but but but what about all the mf i had lost since i decided to lvl multiple character to p100?? everybody know the difference in drops is huge between p100 and p1 !!! i had 3 p100 and p30 on my monk before they expansion was shown at gamescon... must be at least 1000 beam i lost...

granted we might have a little bit of luck (those who decided to lvl up many character ) now with the paragon 2.0 ...But you cant have THE mf and THE exp at the same time, this is a little bit greedy....

Its like on another thread...someone was complaing and was saying everybody should just get 100 paragon lvl transfer...(10.5 b exp) and that nobody would loose anything that way,,,,wtf pre announcement , id loose about +/- 24 billions exp if they do that lol

you have +/- 1 year to reroll char !!so that plenty of time!

and btw originally i wanted to plvl all class to 100....now im goint to aim at 10 X p100 2 of each ....will i make it ? you can be sure that i wont lol
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
08/30/2013 11:07 AMPosted by HainKurt
We plan on sharing more information in the coming weeks about Paragon 2.0, but not everything about it has been finalized. We'll make sure that everyone's concerns are brought up, though, and we'll let you know more about how experience will transfer from the current system as soon as we're able to.

hope, they will look at kills/elite kills, xp earned with dead HC players, xp earned with deleted players... not just paragon XP on LIVE characters... if it is possible...

I hope they DO NOT. Those characters are DEAD you deserve no experience from them.....

To the players who whine and complain "Players who played one character are punished...." you are 100% wrong. PLAYERS WHO DID NOT PLAY 1 CHAR AND LEVELED MULTIPLE PARAGON WERE PUNISHED WITH LOW MAGIC / GOLD FIND RE-LEVELING PARAGON, MEENWHILE YOU HAD Paragon100 THE ENTIRE TIME LOL

It evens out if you think about it fairly, and not assuming that fair = everyone gets the same treatment / XP in the expansion.
Reply Quote
Oh my good Lord, who cares.
Reply Quote
It's not like Blizzard is going to make paragon exp HARDER to get. It will likely be far easier. It's not like you'll be able to compete with bots or people who start at a level equivalent to paragon 100x10 for the "top paragon level" either.

If I could continue leveling monk I would still probably play (tried DH recently and couldn't stand it) but I'm not losing any sleep over shelving the game until the next patch.
Reply Quote
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

!@#$ the expansion. It already looks like an obvious power trade/cash grab. Instead of doing a system update to the core of the game they are only selling account wide paragon bonuses with the expansion??? Way to keep killing off tons of neckbeard's childhood fantasy game with every single damn profit swing you guys do Blizzard.

Yay guys we can finally assign stat points like diablo 1 and 2, and finally get a good shield if we just buy the expansion!!! YES!!!! Its not like they have had months and months of AH profit money to fix the game.....

Of course they will release pvp a month before the expansion paragon changes so everyone HAS to buy it or get left in the dust. Dont people ever get tired of Activision constantly holding content back just for every single penny they can squeeze out of you? Dont you guy tired of buying your BRAND NEW call of duty game only to see new content available for download and purchase on THE FIRST DAY that could have just been released with the game?
Reply Quote

Something that definitely needs to be figured out asap for hardcore (otherwise who would dare to risk a p100 for nothing?)

Dead = dead

U will not get any exp if your chars are dead.
There is no other fair solution becuase that is the fiar solution.
When paragon 2.0 is there u will gain the exp until u die. If u die the exp is still in the shared exp of your acc but previous dead chars before 2.0 gain nothing.
DOnt even think otherwise!

That is stupid. If you get a HC character to 100 once it should count forever even if you die. The effort was still spent and it makes it easier and easier for HC people over time. Its like a little account reward for spending so much time in the game.
Reply Quote

So says the one class who got it so damn easy. How about you you take your own advice and stop crying.

While you are right about Barbarians being easy to level, he also has a monk that's a higher PLevel than you. Monks aren't exactly hard to level if you do TR+EP runs, sure gearing the monk in general is harder, but those runs are still stupid fast exp. Hell, gearing for TR+EP runs isn't even super expensive since you don't have to gear for too much DPS, gearing mostly for EHP is a lot cheaper. That's why Im working on another monk right now, and probably will work on more than just this one after Im done with her since playing Diablo 3 again gives me the ability to listen to some audio books.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't see the problem, rather than making it so theres a cap, now you can level even further than before. thats good for people who make alts and people who don't. except now its shared across characters to make it easier for people who do have multiple alts and dont feel like going through that grind over and over and over again.

someone pls explain the problem to me
Reply Quote
You realize you're all adults right?

Let's be realistic here. If you only play as your single p100 toon, then it's simply because of the mf/gf bonuses. How long can you really enjoy the game on a maxed out toon unless you're farming for drops? As the game is right now, if you hit p100 on a character, you won. It's not like you need to keep upgrading gear for PVP... You've gotten months of profit from GAH/RMAH during the duration, and that's the choice you made. Others with multiple p100 characters should most definitely be rewarded with extras since they put in the time on multiple characters. While doing that, they took the hit to their mf/gf for months, just like you will at the drop of Loot 2.0.

Very few people are going to sympathize with you just because you want higher bonuses so you can compete for the new drops...just to be among the first people that throw the items up on the AH for retarded amounts of money.

Take a break. Go wash the car or mow the lawn or something. During that down time, take a few minutes and consider how much you sound like a whiny teen girl that's butt hurt because she can't get the same new phone her friend can.
Reply Quote
The most fair way to do this to satisfy everyone is to *NOT* share paragon levels across the account. You earned 10 levels on your WD? Great, here's 10 points your WD can use. Earned 100 on your Barb? Great, here's 100 points you can spend on your barb.

Not sure what's so difficult about this solution.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]