Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

09/06/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Kelemvor
any updates? are we single toon players still not recognized for our loyalty to sticking with one toon?

I recognize that your single character is better geared because all your resources go into their gear, and you are always max MF, so you are farming 'faster' and 'better' than those who split their resources between multiple characters who are not at max MF...
Reply Quote
people worry about this new paragorn system way to much ... as like there are not worse problems NOW in the game ...

like how they have given up completely on D3 before teh expansion hits.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 04:45 AMPosted by Shango
I recognize that your single character is better geared because all your resources go into their gear, and you are always max MF, so you are farming 'faster' and 'better' than those who split their resources between multiple characters who are not at max MF...

This.
Your way of playing has been receiving superior rewards since Paragon was introduced. Congratulations!
Now (or rather in 6+ months from now) the others get thrown a bone - and you cry about it?

If I understood you properly you play the way you do because it is your style, because of your dedication to one class, not because of the rewards. That's fine, have fun your way.
Nothing about your play style will change with RoS. Your rewards will remain the same you may even continue building upon them which you cannot do right now! You'll catch up quickly. I mean come on, with your dedication and superior equipment what could go wrong?
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by DoomDash
Well when you wanted to race to get gear that's a pretty big disadvantage.

so start leveling buddy.. were all in the same boat here.. u aint special
Reply Quote
as far as I see it people that play one class have quite the advantage. I mean if you play Mp10 more or less efficiently, you just start another character of the same class, level him to 60 which really doesnt take long, give him the items and hit mp10 right away. Yo uwill level up a lot faster compared to someone who is starting a completely new class and probably cant just start at Inferno MP10 right away. And if you manage to kill trash mobs on MP10 very fast then you will get quite some EXP in a short time.
Reply Quote
Make another one of the class you enjoy, level it to 60, equip it with all the P100 guy's gear, go to town, get more levels while still playing the class you enjoy.

Win?
Reply Quote
Make another one of the class you enjoy, level it to 60, equip it with all the P100 guy's gear, go to town, get more levels while still playing the class you enjoy.

Win?

That's what I am doing. Soon to be on barb 3.
Reply Quote
Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

You should feel screwed: you've missed out on 80% of the gameplay. Even worse, your three Barbs all seem to have the same build more or less. You'll get rewarded appropriately for your high paragon levels, which is fair, and since you decided to play 1/5 of the game that's all you'll be rewarded for. It'll likely be based on total exp anyway, so you'll get a huge bonus for those higher levels.

Seriously, try the other classes at 60, or try a different Barb build on a new character. You can't blame Blizzard for your inability to step out of your comfort zone.
Reply Quote
Not gonna read 12 pages to see if this was already said, but when paragon was first implemented, no1 got bonus paragon based on their elite kills or such, you just have to accept that you were playing you charachter for fun, if you will feel robbed by that you shouldn´t even be playing at all

Btw, if getting ahead is what you want, imo those p100 exclusive players already got the advantage: they played exclusevely on a 300mf hero, while others played with lower mf most of the time. So now it´s time for others to have some advantage and return for their work
Reply Quote
I quit when my toon was 46 paragon so i feel a bit lucky i didnt put all this effort and time into going paragon 100... for nothing in the end.
Reply Quote
I don't understand what all the crying is about, if anyone has a legit reason to feel screwed it should be those of us that played for hundreds of hours before paragon even existed. It sucks that none of those hours will be counted but then again I wasn't playing because I was expecting some sort of reward.

Like many have stated before me, if you want to gain para points you don't have to level a character you hate. Just re-roll your favorite character and give him your p100 gear. That's what I'm doing, and to be honest it's nice to be progressing again and to know that this time around there is an incentive.

DOA
Reply Quote
any updates? are we single toon players still not recognized for our loyalty to sticking with one toon?

what are youre plan to compensate those of us who decided to lvl more then one character ??? i lost TONS of beam not always playing my paragon 100 ....before they made the announcement of paragon 2.0 i had 3 paragon 100 and one para 50...

any way to recognize the fact that i lost X amount of gold and X amount of beams by doing so??

thank you
Reply Quote

You got 300% gf/mf, stop whinging.
Reply Quote
09/07/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Euphoreia

You got 300% gf/mf, stop whinging.

This ^

Oh my you mean people who play 1241 different charactesr to paragon 100 did more than just playing 1 character? /shocking
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Dracul
Oh my good Lord, who cares.

I have to be thinking this as well.

While it's a side issue, I can't imagine that this will affect anywhere near that many people.

I do think that the HC system needs to be retroactive though. When this goes live "dead" characters will still affect your account progression. It might actually be a solid method to grow the HC community if at least that one tiny portion carrys over. There really aren't many of ya'll.
Reply Quote
Is OP complaining that even though he cannot currently advance past p100 on one character, blizzard should still track the exp he accumulates and give it to him when Paragon 2 hits?
Reply Quote
09/07/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Beavis
Is OP complaining that even though he cannot currently advance past p100 on one character, blizzard should still track the exp he accumulates and give it to him when Paragon 2 hits?

Yea...

They're wanting P100 experience gained to be calculated.

Like I said, I don't see this affecting that many people to make a live or die situation out of it.
Reply Quote
Actually to be honest, with the next expansion people who've leveled paragon 100 will be screwed, simply because with lvl 73 mobs.. they will get extremely more xp making having to hit para 100 much easier/less time. It always' works like this, don't be mad... You're playing a game that is in a constant state of flux because they put it out in beta form.. yet didn't tell anyone... LOL They FOOLED YOU, AND ME< AND EVERYONE ELSE....
Reply Quote
lol 3 barbarians seriously... I can't wait for Barbarian tears to runneth my cup over in RoS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]