Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.

You know, P levels are exponential. Who is to say that p100-p110 doesn't take as much exp as 1-80 or even 1-100. In the long run, someone with 2 p100 characters wont get that much of an advantage over someone with p100. I have a p100, p80 and 3 p20 chars, and I will be glad when all are ~p110. That way I wont feel like I'm wasting my time playing an alt, and can have fun swapping between all my characters.

If you don't have time for another p100 character, don't sweat it. This is a PVE game, so if joe schmoe, who has 10 p100 characters gets p250 on launch, it's not going to make you kill monsters in your game any slower. You're both being rewarded for time invested, don't expect your reward to be on par with someone who has invested 10x more time. That's not fair for anyone.

Edit: Also, like people said, getting p100 probably wont even be hard anymore since the exp at lvl 70 will obliterate exp at 60.
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 8/21/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I'm asking for further clarification on the PL capping system and how it works.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Not seeing any of the math related to the paragon level between all characters from that twitter link. Could someone give us what they are actually saying at the moment. I see people talking about paragon numbers but where are you getting your calculations from?
Reply Quote
I like the idea. I would have also been ok something along the lines of a filter system. So my alts (characters not being played received a % of the xp earned by the character I was playing.) I think the new system will give players more of an incentive to play other classes, which is a good thing IMO.
Reply Quote

Point is, it is a broken system. Paragon IS the endgame somehow. This was their solution. And people accepted that. Before xpac, it was a goal. But 2.0 turned it into a joke.

actually the endgame is added in different game modes. (for example loot runs) The new paragon system is just another way players enhance their own characters. Though I do feel having no cap on this system is bad idea. The idea that someone can be paragon 1k+ is silly. players should just have enough points to max out the paragon skill tree then focus enjoying endgame which are the different game modes will be offered.

I hope we can have compromise regrading this issue though. I still feel like players shouldn't feel like they're punished for playing single class or not having time in their lives to play all classes, let alone max them out.
Reply Quote
I'm pulling my number info from the current system. Check out this chart: http://i.stack.imgur.com/dGMwe.png

If all they are doing is taking the combined earned exp from all characters with paragon levels and adding them together using current paragon level benchmarks, what we are looking at is paragon 100-125 (maybe even 100-120) taking about as much exp as 1-100. If that's the case, and this system works like it should--additively--then someone with 2 paragon 100 characters will enter the new system with a combined paragon level of ~120.

Once again, this is all speculation based on the current system and the assumption that the new system use the same exponential experience curve as the current system.

I hope we can have compromise regrading this issue though. I still feel like players shouldn't feel like they're punished for playing single class or not having time in their lives to play all classes, let alone max them out.

That's exactly why the system is being implemented, so you can play all your characters and they will be the same paragon level.
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 8/21/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes as others said I don't want to be punished for only being interested in STR classes. You can say there is plenty of time to level other characters but I have no interest in playing them. I thought Blizzard wanted us to play this game we wanted to be played, rather than playing everything to get ahead. That's basically how I'm seeing it. I don't care about the achievements, but I do want a fair beginning to my expansion.

I guess I could re-roll another barb... but honestly it shouldn't have to come down to this. Blizzard isn't fully decided it seems, so there is still hope.

I didn't complain about all my extra hours I played long before paragon existed, because when that patch hit we all started at the same place ( once we hit max level anyway ). That's how it should be this time too.

As far as me playing barb and the anti-barb stigma on this forum, I played barb since day one and as you can see by my time spent per character it hasn't changed. Long before any broken builds came out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.

Too bad that items are now essentially worthless, though.

The relevance of this is..?
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 06:00 PMPosted by RemyZ
Too bad that items are now essentially worthless, though.

Welcome to every expansion in the existence of ever. =P
Reply Quote
Blizzard does not know how to implement it yet
Reply Quote
@Doom Dash

I have no idea what your trying to say ... They aren't saying play everything to get ahead. They are saying–you can play with the character you want and now you will feel less penalized for deciding to play alts. Most expansions do level the playing field to a degree but this isn't an MMO. Is there content in the game that you cannot beat? Who are you competing with?
Edited by Cynful#1965 on 8/21/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter what they add, people will still whine about it.
Reply Quote
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.

Yepper. Plenty of time to level every class to 60 twice if one so pleased.
Reply Quote
@Doom Dash

I have no idea what your trying to say ... They aren't saying play everything to get ahead. They are saying–you can play with the character you want and now you will feel less penalized for deciding to play alts. Most expansions do level the playing field to a degree but this isn't an MMO. Is there content in the game that you cannot beat? Who are you competing with?

I'm trying to compete with everyone rushing to find good gear in the beginning of release. I think that 400 extra points would most definitely help that.
Reply Quote
hey, i gave up my mf/gf to lvl up and enjoy the other class
Reply Quote
ok, rushing to find good gear? To do what? Again, D3 isn't an MMO. Content is available to everyone and DPS only gives you more speed. I am not trying to be mean, I just don't understand your need to have it at the beginning of release?
Reply Quote
@Doom Dash

I'm trying to compete with everyone rushing to find good gear in the beginning of release. I think that 400 extra points would most definitely help that.

I doubt anybody is going to have 400 paragon points to start with. Personally if you have 5 level 100 paragon good for you and enjoy your extra what 130 points if they base it off the current leveling system in place for paragon levels.

I for one sure do not have the time to grind out 400 - 500 paragon levels. I have what I have now because thats all my life allows me to get lol. You do not see me crying about it. It is 100% fair because they spent the time.
Edited by Gizmo#1886 on 8/21/2013 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
seems like you don't understand how account wide paragon levels are calculated.

a) sum up all your paragon xp across all characters.
call this value Total XP then use this value to calculate new account wide plvl

eg: if you have a sum total of a plvl 100 and a plvl 50 character now.

that gives you 322,560,000 + 77,760,000 = 400,320,000

extrapolating that plvl 101-110 takes
7.5*1440,000

you will be account wide plvl 107

For Levels 1 - 60, experience requirements increase at a rate of 1,440,000/level.
For Levels 61 - 70, experience requirements increase at a rate of 2,880,000/level (=2*1,440,000).
For Levels 71 - 80, experience requirements increase at a rate of 5,020,000/level (=3.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 81 - 90, experience requirements increase at a rate of 6,480,000/level (=4.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 91 - 100, experience requirements increase at a rate of 8,640,000/level (=6*1,440,000).

http://www.diablowiki.net/Paragon_experience_charts

--
so getting plvl 1000 today (ie 10 x 10 plvl 100, does not make you an account wide plvl 1000 in ros)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 8/21/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]