Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

LOLOLOLL SO MUCH QQ!
CRY CRY CRY CRY
Reply Quote
Here's an easy solution:

Paragon levels = 1-100, character specific. Gave you stat, mf, and gf bonuses. When xpan comes out they don't give you anything more.

Para 2.0 levels = infant (Starting at 0), account wide. give you the new fancy stat point.

so now your character avatar would read Char level(Para level, Para 2 level), ie 60(100, 1349089548384)

yea, this paragon thing is going to be great.
Reply Quote
seems like you don't understand how account wide paragon levels are calculated.

a) sum up all your paragon xp across all characters.
call this value Total XP then use this value to calculate new account wide plvl

eg: if you have a sum total of a plvl 100 and a plvl 50 character now.

that gives you 322,560,000 + 77,760,000 = 400,320,000

extrapolating that plvl 101-110 takes
7.5*1440,000

you will be account wide plvl 107

For Levels 1 - 60, experience requirements increase at a rate of 1,440,000/level.
For Levels 61 - 70, experience requirements increase at a rate of 2,880,000/level (=2*1,440,000).
For Levels 71 - 80, experience requirements increase at a rate of 5,020,000/level (=3.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 81 - 90, experience requirements increase at a rate of 6,480,000/level (=4.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 91 - 100, experience requirements increase at a rate of 8,640,000/level (=6*1,440,000).

http://www.diablowiki.net/Paragon_experience_charts

^^ Exactly
Reply Quote
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

you're missing the point.

being forced to play other classes simply to gain paragon levels isn't enjoyable. It feels like punishment for enjoying single class which is what OP trying to point.

I do agree with him but I also agree those who maxed out other classes should be rewarded for their efforts but we shouldn't force others to do so or find ways to punish them for not doing it. Like I said their must be some middle ground that could be reached here.

Notes this, if youre leveling multiple characters, that also means that you need to distribute the stat throughout all 2 stat.

To be clear, let me give an example, those who have a class with each stat will need triple the paragon to have same stat points as the person who only have 1 char.

An account that plays barb only would need 100paragon to get 500 stat points(example). a player with a barb, dh and wd would need 300 paragon to get 500stat points to each mainstat(1500 shared between str, dex and int).

well how about those who play 2 class in each stat. like dex for dh and monk, well its true they will have advantage. but remember, leveling both of this and gearing both doesnt come without price. so its only appropriate imo.
Edited by kamVINCI#6459 on 8/21/2013 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 08:49 PMPosted by chrisloup
so getting plvl 1000 today (ie 10 x 10 plvl 100, does not make you an account wide plvl 1000 in ros)

This!

If it's based on experience and not the actual number of levels, then players that choose to only roll one class are not being "forced" or punished in any way.

you're missing the point.

being forced to play other classes simply to gain paragon levels isn't enjoyable. It feels like punishment for enjoying single class which is what OP trying to point.

When RoS is released (or shortly beforehand/whenever 2.0 drops) the cap on your paragon will be removed and you can start accumulating more experience starting at p100.

If you don't want to roll other characters that's your choice! You're not being forced to do anything.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty certain thate no plvl cap doesn't mean there is no practical cap. considering that xp/lvl rises exponentially. maybe someone can come up with a practical limit of xp/year gained against this. (eg: assumign 300m xp/hr) = 2628000m xp/year if you never sleep. at some point you'll be gaining 1 plvl per year.
Reply Quote

Notes this, if youre leveling multiple characters, that also means that you need to distribute the stat throughout all 2 stat.

To be clear, let me give an example, those who have a class with each stat will need triple the paragon to have same stat points as the person who only have 1 char.

An account that plays barb only would need 100paragon to get 500 stat points(example). a player with a barb, dh and wd would need 300 paragon to get 500stat points to each mainstat(1500 shared between str, dex and int).

well how about those who play 2 class in each stat. like dex for dh and monk, well its true they will have advantage. but remember, leveling both of this and gearing both doesnt come without price. so its only appropriate imo.

and you're missing the point.
paragon points are PER character.

eg: assuming at plvl 107 you have 107 points. each and every character you have , has 107 points to allocate
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 8/21/2013 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

When RoS is released (or shortly beforehand/whenever 2.0 drops) the cap on your paragon will be removed and you can start accumulating more experience starting at p100.

If you don't want to roll other characters that's your choice! You're not being forced to do anything.

i'm just adding to your points.

a) I think plenty of players are taking a break. the ability to sell gear now is rather pointless, who will buy 2b+ godly gear only to realise that as soon as ros is released, the depreciation is 90-100%.

b) if you have no other games to explore, by all means continue grinding, doesn't mean you can't grind with a NEW hero of the same class as your main. (eg: I would probably delete 4 of my non wiz toons so that I can have 6x plvl 100 cm wiz) assuming I wanted to grind out plvls in advance today.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by DoomDash
Well when you wanted to race to get gear that's a pretty big disadvantage.

we are in a competition?
Reply Quote
guys, these are what Lylirra said on her twitter. i'm seeing this at diablofans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting, seems you 'Assign' Paragon Points to a character. So you earn them with 1 hero but can put them onto another? #D3RoS
@Narull Correct. All normal characters on an account will share a Paragon level, same for Hardcore, as well as earned Paragon Points. (Twitter)

What about dying in HC? How will that affect your paragon levels? Loss of applied points to that specific character?
@eikEn_ @Narull No loss of points or level in those situations. Benefit of it now being account-wide rather than character-specific. :) (Twitter)

But what do paragon points do? can they only be used once on each hero? do they add stats or?
@Narull It's a customization system. Paragon Points can be spent on various stats like STR/VIT/DEX/INT, movement speed, crit chance, etc. (Twitter)

also, what happens to the people who've already leveled up in Paragon?
@peli_can_flip Bonuses are retroactive. I.E. If you have two p100 heroes right now, the current plan is that you'd have 200 points in ROS. (Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so OP, if you really want to get plvl100 on all your 10 char. do it right now, stop whining. Blizzard rewards player who invest their time for grinding all plvl.
Edited by Aragarn#1348 on 8/21/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't understand.

If I have a Demon Hunter paragon level 70, and a Witch doctor paragon level 30, will they add up to be both at paragon level 100, or all at the highest of the two, so paragon level 70 both?

The logic would be that you can't be screwed if they add up all the exp in one big tank. This would mean that if one character accumulates X amount of exp, if would add up to this big paragon exp tank that everyone shares.

I don't see how people got screwed.

Edit: I don't see how people got screwed, giving that there won't be a limit of paragon level. Meaning the obsessive-compulsive guy who levelled 10 characters to paragon 100, just to do it it seems, will now have 10 characters all paragon level 1000. Which is crazy!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 8/21/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

we are in a competition?

To be clear, I want to make some money in the first few weeks of the game being released. I've put just as much time in the game as some people with 2 paragon level 100 characters, but he is getting an advantage over me for nothing more than blind luck that Blizzard chose to reward players this way in the expansion.

So I see guys saying "That's fair, they put the time into them". I do believe time should be rewarded ( work ), but they are getting rewarded for their time while I will not be, and as I said, purely based on luck of Blizzards route.
Edited by DoomDash#1527 on 8/21/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 09:24 PMPosted by bearr
I don't see how people got screwed, giving that there won't be a limit of paragon level. Meaning the obsessive-compulsive guy who levelled 10 characters to paragon 100, just to do it it seems, will now have 10 characters all paragon level 1000. Which is crazy!

yeah i know. Blizzard doesnt have any further confirmation and Lylirra only stated "current plan". so, i think there's still time for anyone who wants to chase the "competition".
Reply Quote
seems like you don't understand how account wide paragon levels are calculated.

7.5*1440,000

For Levels 1 - 60, experience requirements increase at a rate of 1,440,000/level.
For Levels 61 - 70, experience requirements increase at a rate of 2,880,000/level (=2*1,440,000).
For Levels 71 - 80, experience requirements increase at a rate of 5,020,000/level (=3.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 81 - 90, experience requirements increase at a rate of 6,480,000/level (=4.5*1,440,000).
For Levels 91 - 100, experience requirements increase at a rate of 8,640,000/level (=6*1,440,000).

--
so getting plvl 1000 today (ie 10 x 10 plvl 100, does not make you an account wide plvl 1000 in ros)

First question: Assumeing this is how it will happen, would that mean that all the paragon level numbers by your chars i.e. (100) for a lvl 100. Would they ALL be replaced by this said average number?

Secondly: I don't think this math will reflect this new paragon system at all. I read a blue post about how if you have 2 P100's, you'll get 200 points to spend upon release. SEE:

https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370160220984446976

States you get 200 pts from 2 P100's. Which is pretty unfair.
Reply Quote
View profile
none of you seems to be getting what OP is asking.
do you guys even take the time to read?

OP is saying what happens to all the exp he has earned after P100? he has one toon at P100 probably hit it at 30K elite kills.
he continues farming with the same toon and kills another 20K elites + normal mobs. what happens to the exp from these 20k elites? is it tracked somewhere? can it be used to add to his paragon exp in RoS?

lyrra seems to be saying in her twitter post that once you hit p100 they stop tracking the exp gained for that toon meaning he will lose all the hours he spent killing the extra 20k elites because they will not contribute to his exp pool in RoS.

so if he wants to enjoy the benefits of RoS he will have to create another 9 toons and get them all to P100 because only then will their exp gained be tracked.

but he doesn't want to be penalized this way because he only likes playing one toon. and it is crazy for him to create another 9 barbs just so that the exp he gained will be tracked.
Edited by EremiteAngel#6608 on 8/21/2013 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Edit: I don't see how people got screwed, giving that there won't be a limit of paragon level. Meaning the obsessive-compulsive guy who levelled 10 characters to paragon 100, just to do it it seems, will now have 10 characters all paragon level 1000. Which is crazy!

I don't believe it is going to be the nominal paragon level that will be accumulative, rather the experience to quote the nice fellow (chrisloup) who did the computations:

7.5*1440,000

Edited by tzurutzi#6866 on 8/21/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by DoomDash

race to get BoA gear? there's no point.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 08:56 PMPosted by chrisloup
I'm pretty certain thate no plvl cap doesn't mean there is no practical cap. considering that xp/lvl rises exponentially. maybe someone can come up with a practical limit of xp/year gained against this. (eg: assumign 300m xp/hr) = 2628000m xp/year if you never sleep. at some point you'll be gaining 1 plvl per year.

There are 4 tabs and 4 stats per tab. each stat can receive 50 points. assuming you have 1 of each class, that's 4800 paragon points to max all of them. 800 per.

that said, the character limit should be increased from 10 to 12 to accommodate 1 of each class for SC and HC.
Edited by DrunkTank#1318 on 8/21/2013 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Tomac
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.

The problem is he doesn't want to play other characters. If he did then he'd already be doing it.

then start the same class again?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]