Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

I'm not sure how I feel about this tbh.

I've only got one char with plvl which happens to be 100. I've put in alot of hours and farming even after reaching 100. What I would've been better off to do was as soon as I got to 100 just roll another barb, get to 60 and use my current gear on my 100 barb.

Wish there was a way Blizzard could calculate how much experience people would've gained after reaching 100.
Reply Quote
They are giving players who invested the time and knowledge in achieving p100 in multiple classes a bonus in terms of points because they actually spread their wings and did more in the game, it is a perk for them, not a punishment for you. You will still have 100 pts to put into your toon and then can level up to infinity and max your points since you only play the one class anyways. The guys with multiple toons will probably spread their points out.
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 06:33 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
You will not have to reroll at all. All you will do is spend your paragon points where you want to spend them. You can use them to beef up one character or spread them out over multiple level capped characters.

Not sure if you've found out since as this was posted a day ago, but that's not how it works Shadow.

Each character has their own points to distribute, i.e;

If your account paragon is 200, EACH of your characters have 200 points to spend. They shared paragon levels but not shared points. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
what i will definitely not put into is mf/gf. i really dislike those stats. i can't wait to change my amulet.
Reply Quote
Uncapped paragon? Does that mean also uncapped stat bonuses?

If so, by the end of the 2014, some will be one-shotting mp10 :|

Nah all the stats are capped, for core stats there are 50 points able to be allocated to each primary stat with each point giving 5 of the stat.

It's unknown yet what the caps are for the other stats like CC, CD, IAS, MS, Dodge etc.
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 06:09 AMPosted by EremiteAngel
what i will definitely not put into is mf/gf. i really dislike those stats. i can't wait to change my amulet.

Yeah, it looks like MF might not even be included with paragon stats. I personally hope it's not and it just remains native for the first 100 account plvls.
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 06:14 AMPosted by DamienJohn

Yeah, it looks like MF might not even be included with paragon stats. I personally hope it's not and it just remains native for the first 100 account plvls.

haha i know i wont be putting points on GF
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/21/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Joe
Who got the Benjamin's... Too easy bra! They should have done no cap on paragons ages ago. Would have been like paragon 3000 by now

Any chance I could add you and get some advice on leveling Joe? I want to get as many paragon 100's as possible before the xpac. It would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
Thanks TheTias.

I'm trying to get all my characters to p-100. Plus I'm glad we can go higher than 100. Now I can dust off my DH (retired at P-100).
Reply Quote
Maybe just visit the RMAH in RoS and speedfarm endgame there, you'll catch up in no time to those with 10x paragon level 100 as endgame level 70 content in RoS is probably going to give like 30x more xp than MP10 on level 60.
Reply Quote
View profile
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

you're missing the point.

being forced to play other classes simply to gain paragon levels isn't enjoyable. It feels like punishment for enjoying single class which is what OP trying to point.

I do agree with him but I also agree those who maxed out other classes should be rewarded for their efforts but we shouldn't force others to do so or find ways to punish them for not doing it. Like I said their must be some middle ground that could be reached here.

what are you talking about?

paragon levels are shared over all your characters...
Reply Quote
View profile
You are acting as if there is no time left before patch 2.0 hits to gain Paragon levels on multiple characters. While we're finally getting some concrete details about what will be happening, the actual patch is still a ways off. You've got time to make progress toward PLs now rather than just sitting idle until the patch/expansion.

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.

...i don't think you understand what you're talking about
Reply Quote
Look, if you want the extra paragon levels for the exp you still have time. You don't even need to level a new class. If you play a barb, just start another one and move your gear to it and get him to 100. Then rinse and repeat. If you're complaining that you don't want to farm with a low paragon level hero, then that's your choice, and those with multiple high paragon heroes already had to make that choice, no advantage or disadvantage.
Reply Quote
View profile

if you get one character to 100, ALL of your characters will be 100 after the xpac comes out.

why would you need to paragon level anyone else?
Reply Quote

if you get one character to 100, ALL of your characters will be 100 after the xpac comes out.

why would you need to paragon level anyone else?

The Expansion is going to add up all other characters paragon experience, so if you got 2 level 100 paragon characters you'll be like level 120 or something.
Reply Quote
View profile
...source?

all i've seen is it's going to be shared across all your characters, with the cap removed so you can keep going after 100, but the only benefit from that point is just bragging rights, and you get 50 paragon points to spend among your characters divided as you wish.
Reply Quote

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. I don't understand why some of you people are so convinced that this is such a bad thing. So, the people who took the time to get multiple paragon 100 characters get more paragon levels when the expansion is released. Why does that bother you so much? Because those people get an "advantage?" Besides, the people who have multiple paragon 100 characters are only being rewarded for leveling those characters. So, how does that equate to people who only played one character being punished?

Also, who are you to say how many people won't buy the expansion because of this or even that this is a wrong move. Honestly, I think this is fine. The fact that you think this is a bad thing makes you sound like a child who is whining because he doesn't have the same toy as the other child. There doesn't have to be any middle ground. We are getting an expansion, with a new loot system, new content, new class, and new paragon system. There should be no reason for you, or anyone else, to complain.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:16 PMPosted by DoomDash
IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

heres an idea.. re-roll the character you like to play
Reply Quote

He said he's not interested in leveling other characters, and he shouldn't have to. The OP has a point.
Reply Quote
Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

I feel the same way. I focused on 1.... The best character in the game and stuck with it. Over 1k hours in. The Bots will gain the advantage yet again. I know a lot of people will be switching to the new Crumbsader, but I'm sticking with my Monk .............. Is there a Monkey on my back?
Edited by LifePincher#1891 on 8/25/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]