Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

08/26/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Grimiku
We plan on sharing more information in the coming weeks about Paragon 2.0, but not everything about it has been finalized. We'll make sure that everyone's concerns are brought up, though, and we'll let you know more about how experience will transfer from the current system as soon as we're able to.

Awesome and thank you Grimiku
Reply Quote
We plan on sharing more information in the coming weeks about Paragon 2.0, but not everything about it has been finalized. We'll make sure that everyone's concerns are brought up, though, and we'll let you know more about how experience will transfer from the current system as soon as we're able to.
The problem is that no matter what you put out for the expansion, you will still have the same whiners. These people have done nothing but complained patch after patch, yet they have more play time in than most. Ignore these whiners and continue making the game as you were. Blizzard has done an AWESOME job so far, with the game and all patches so far. This is coming from someone that has played the game since it's release. Please do not listen to this constant squabble, you will never please everyone, and if you were not doing a good job, people would not be playing it non-stop.
Reply Quote
Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

i can say tha'ts your problem and that must not affect others in any way...
Just think of the ones day one players that played for 500+hrs before the paragon system went live ... they didnt complain very much... so shouldnt u too.
Reply Quote
lol @ 1 plvl 100
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Azakatura
I'm leaving for 4 months on deployment on monday until december 18th (ish) so actually I don't have a lot of time for PLs.

You're still going to have a ton of time when you get back. They said 2014 without even designating a quarter. In Blizzspeak that means 2015 isn't out of the question.
Reply Quote
@OP

Wouldn't what you suggest screw over the guy with multiple high paragon characters instead?

Is it better to potentially disadvantage the person who, by choice, refuse to play more than one character, or totally discount the effort of those who made the effort to level multiple characters?

Or to put it another way, do you really think that someone who gets 100 points for one subject in school while failing all others should be given a place in collage over another guy who gets 99 points for all his subjects?

Think on that a bit.

In the mean time, get your lazy !@# up and start making multiple barbs or whatever class you are only interested in playing and start leveling them to P100 if you really want to be top of the game. Don't take the shortcut of undermining other people's efforts.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 8/26/2013 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In a game that's pretty much all about farming loot, the most efficient way to play is just playing one p100 character. There's gotta be some middle-ground to please both types of players, like inferno elite kills or something (obviously total time played wouldn't be a good idea due to just leaving your pc running).

Personally, I leveled each class to 60, but only focused on one class to take to p100. Why would I bother with the others once I've reached max farm efficiency with one? I like that paragon will be account-wide now so that we won't feel as far behind if we want to switch classes, but to reward those who chose to do that before the patch seems silly.

#bitter
Reply Quote

Make it so dead hardcore chars in the graveyard go to account experience.
Reply Quote
Just LvL some other characters you will have the time and who knows you might find you like playing them.
Reply Quote
EXP should really be based on Elite Kills, sort of balancing people who have 5 toons at P100 each versus 1 toon with 140K Elite kills.
Reply Quote
Here's the question I have for Blizzard.

"Why do you think it's necessary to make all these complicated changes. Not everything needs to be changed just because we're getting an expansion and you feel like things have to be different.?"

Why can't you just carry forward however many characters at their current level, that a player has?

I have a DH at p14, I think, a mage at 5, and a WD at 8 - or something like it. Carry these forward into p2.0 without changing anything.

I likely will opt to only play one character into the paragon program, probably the WD, but could change my mind. I don't want to get all these points added together and then divided over my account - what is the use of that? Two or three of my characters with any p-level at all will never see paragon 10. Unless there are numerous changes at skill levels that make an ice/frost mage viable in this game; and we get a druid and necromancer added as playable characters.

/end rant
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Manananggal
EXP should really be based on Elite Kills, sort of balancing people who have 5 toons at P100 each versus 1 toon with 140K Elite kills.

You cannot do it properly like that.

Somebody who was farming VotA most of his carrer would get farm more then one that farmed Act3 and Act1.

Sum of XP is the proper way of doing it.

Those that were farming at maxxed paragon got their rewards in terms of magic find and gold find, which isn't the case for those leveling alts. ( I personally did both of the two, and will loose perhaps 1000 hours on the P100 wiz, but I feel that is OK).

And you cannot do it even with "Monsters killed", since it depends what monsters were killed (some give much less xp and are easy to kill).
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 8/26/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They could probably track all the lost xp post-p100 if they really wanted to, but that would require too much effort. That would be the most fair way to do it, though.
Reply Quote
They could probably track all the lost xp post-p100 if they really wanted to, but that would require too much effort. That would be the most fair way to do it, though.

But what about those that already played a lot before you introduce a patch that counts xp post P100?

Then you screw those...

Better to have a clear situation: all post P100 is lost or none post P100 is lost.

Some lost, some not is not ok.
Reply Quote
I played a bunch on my level 60 characters before paragon was introduced.

I played a bunch on my P100 character.

So I lost some xp, who cares?
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Kaniran
So I lost some xp, who cares?

whiners :/

I ""lost"" 1000 hours of gameplay on my P100 wiz alone, and I'm trying to explain that it has been rewarded already with max MF :)

People don't understand that they cannot lose what they haven't been entitled to.

It is up to Blizzard to decide who gets awarded and how-
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 8/26/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:10 PMPosted by marsovac
But what about those that already played a lot before you introduce a patch that counts xp post P100?

That's what I'm saying. Everything that happens in the game is logged, so it would be retroactive.
Reply Quote

This is not an issue about time. Paragon 2.0 is basically forcing players to play other classes, get as much PLevel as they can because they can get more points. This is a very wrong move, as you are essentially catering the hardcore players and throwing casuals off. More players are disgusted by this and already considering not to buy the expansion.

There has to be a middle ground. Like every PPoints you earned before the expansion could only be used on the same character you got it from.

Oh geez. Really, people will complain about anything. What seems more equitable to you, allowing players who have invested thousands of hours into various characters to reap some reward for hitting PL100 multiple times, or seeing it as a "penalty" to players who choose to only play 1 character and giving the first crowd nothing?

We all have our preferences, but I stop mine short of actually demanding that Blizzard cut a benefit to another person because I feel jilted somehow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]