Diablo® III

Any other 1 toon level 100 Paragon players feel screwed

That's what I'm saying. Everything that happens in the game is logged, so it would be retroactive.

Blue has already said that XP is not logged after you reach P100.

Only trash kills and elite kills is.

And with those you cannot extrapolate the real xp somebody made.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:18 PMPosted by marsovac
Blue has already said that XP is not logged after you reach P100.

welp. If that's true we're screwed. No way I'm going to mindlessly grind more paragon on alts. I'll just hope that level 70 xp is way better. If it is, it won't make that much difference if you start at 100 or 120 or whatever.
Edited by Pills#1846 on 8/26/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Pills
that level 70 xp is way better

What I think will be better is that the transfer of paragon levels to the account will happen by using the kinda exponential formula paragon xp is growing now, but after it is transfered the account paragon will require a more linear growth in xp.

It makes a lot of sense because there are 200 paragon point in each paragon tab equaling to 800 points in total.

A faster progression will be needed in the xpac to fill that, because in the current progression it would take a few lifetimes.

So even if you get screwed by some levels, the headstart that 5xP100 accounts will have won't be wide as it is now in game time.

tl;dr

The headstart with additional XP in P2.0 won't correspond directly with the amount of additional game-time spent to gain the XP.

So I think farming XP now means farming it the hard way.
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 8/26/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My solution is simple:

1. Total excperience/[fixed value] = paragon level you received.
It does not matter you only played solo class or multiple classes.
As long as you get totally get 8,000,000, you get the points.
It will be fair for all not fair for one.
Reply Quote
What the hell are you guys talking about. I'm so lost.
Reply Quote
Played a barb from day 1 and got to p100. At that point I had a couple of options.

You can either farm for gear with the p100 character or roll another character. Given that the barb was not exactly a party friendly class I rolled a Monk and got him to p100 as well. Then I started leveling a WD and Wiz. They are both in their p60s. Sorry DHs but I only managed to get mine to p20s.

So twice I have given up p100 MF/Farming benefits for playing the game. I know what farming with a p100 ww/rend barb looks like in terms of drops, so I know what I gave up. I am not saying that my decision was right or wrong but it was my decision. Others have made their decisions on their objectives.

Someone who has farmed a single p100 level character extensively would have better gear than I have on my 5 characters so the impact of my potential additional plvl after the conversion to Paragon 2.0 would probably still be in the farmers favor anyway.

Based on the information we have now I will continue to play my wiz and wd in group play and have started another barb for solo leveling when friends are not online.

Blizzard are making an improvement to the meaning of paragon leveling and I will accept whatever benefits that provides me given the decisions that I have made. I unlike a lot of people do not feel the same level of entitlement.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by DoomDash
Well when you wanted to race to get gear that's a pretty big disadvantage.

well you farmed with p100 while other start again at 0 to level new char. thats a pretty big advantage for you there.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Oakover
I unlike a lot of people do not feel the same level of entitlement.

Congratulations. You enjoy being robbed.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 05:56 AMPosted by Pills
I unlike a lot of people do not feel the same level of entitlement.

Congratulations. You enjoy being robbed.

Robbed. You played a video game, dude. lol.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people complain. You will gain experience faster than the ones who got multiple paragon levels so in the end, you will catch up anywayz.

Why should people who invest time in the game be left out just because others feel disadvantaged? It's just jealousy of the other gamers work.

You, who farmed with your PL 100 char, got the advantage of dropping more gold and items since so long. Doesn't that count?

Playing the game should be rewarding and everyone played it's own way, it's what Diablo is all about. I hope Blizz will not succomb to the wine.

ps: I did not make multiple Paragon chars either. Now that the announcement is there, I started leveling new toons again. Do the same if you can't handle the new system and stop qqing
Edited by Eaglix#2269 on 8/27/2013 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i think the big issue is...
are we all supposed to work toward the achievements on the list?

If so... we are supposed to finish 5 classes...
that's what i have been working on.
Reply Quote
People just stop complaining and start playing to level all chars over 60 and work on Paragon levels. When the expansion comes you are ready and with less levels to worry about as people that will be only starting the game by that time.

I had 10 chars SC over 60 had to delete one to make a HC in order to finish the achievements. Am I crying because I deleted my female WD level 60 and paragon 1? No.

Actually I'd like to give an idea for Blizz and I hope they hear this.

Right now we have 5 classes Male and Female for each one, but we have only 10 slots for chars.

Ok My first goal when I started playing was to make 10 chars SC para 100 and 10 char HC para 100.

What happened? when I was leveling up my last SC char I noticed a message that I didn't have any more char slots to be created even for HC. So why have 2 different genders? I'd like to understand the purpose of that, since you are not allowed to have all toons you could have.

Just an idea for the expansion make HC separate from SC char slots and increase for the same number of classes and gender. If the only class to be added to the expansion is going to be the Crusader (Female and Male) then at least make it 12 slos SC and 12 Slots HC.
Reply Quote
i think the big issue is...
are we all supposed to work toward the achievements on the list?

If so... we are supposed to finish 5 classes...
that's what i have been working on.

Oh yeah I forgot about this, there is one achievement where you have to have 10 chars level 60 2 of each class. But then what happened to me? I've created all my chars SC but there are a lot of achievements HC, so there was no way of complete achievements without deleting a character.
Reply Quote
well I am not sure how the 2.0 will actually work (no one is yet). I really only enjoy playing DH, have a few other classes in low paragon ranks but long ago sold their gear off for more DH gears. Having just reach 100 on DH a few days ago and not wanting to be left behind in RoS I am simply going to level up the opposite gender with the same gear I have already been using. In the mean time the gold I slowly rack up I will keep upgrading THAT gear set. Yes loot 2.0 is going to make all of the gear obsolete when it hits, but a toon that can mp9/10 effectively wont stop being able to do that just because other (new) gear has devalued its "gold value". If I want the bonus of MF/GF in the mean time I can always use the original DH then swap back. The key here is NO ONE knows how the 2.0 transition will actually work as of yet. I am that "one class" player...so in order to keep prepping for it I'll keep lvling just in case on a clone. My gear wont have the same resell when item 2.0 hits, but it won't lose the effectiveness it has now....So in this way I can still keep climbing my stats higher, even if the gold return will be nilled out....my toons effectiveness on RoS release day is going to make farming the lvl 70 xp and items easier than if I sit with my thumb in my butt whining.
Reply Quote

Assuming Lylirra's post is true ( https://twitter.com/Lylirra/status/370255213695074304 ) that means people like myself ( and Moldran ) get screwed for not blindly leveling characters to 60 ( plus paragon ). To be honest i have no interest in leveling other characters I'm not interested. I think we should just start at whatever paragon level is our highest, rather than combined across characters.

That or we can base it off how many monsters and elites we've killed on our account rather than actual experience ( at least at first ).

IDK. I really don't wanna re-roll new chars.

Did you post this before or after you rolled another Barb and started leveling his Paragons? Because that would be my suggestion. And I can't imagine a player wanting to play only one class, especially a Barb. Must get boring playing the game on Easy Mode regardless of MP level.
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by DoomDash
Well when you wanted to race to get gear that's a pretty big disadvantage.

Yeah that sucks. Too bad it's coming out tomorrow and you don't have any time to level your other characters...
Reply Quote
no updates?
Reply Quote
The easy solution for this imo is for paragon to be unlimited but NOT account wide. Neither the players who have multiple characters nor the players who play a single character would be unfairly advantaged this way.

I dont understand the motivation behind making paragon levels account wide in the first place. I dont recall many players ever asking for this and it makes little sense to me. Why is it I should be able to play a barb, for example, for 1000 hours, then one day decide to make a wizard for the first time and despite never having played one before, automatically be paragon 9000 immediately upon hitting level 60? Not only is it illogical, there is also no sense of achievement in it.

This system also incentivizes players to play the class that gains the most xp per hour, not the class they enjoy playing most. Let's say arena comes out and I want to grind xp to reach a certain paragon level on my demon hunter. I should then gear up a barb so I can reach that goal in half the time it would take my demon hunter, even if I never plan to use that barb again for any end game content. This is just an example as class balance may shift in RoS, but I can almost garuntee one or two classes in RoS will have a significant xp/hour advantage and under the account wide paragon system players will be incentivized to grind on those classes.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 8/30/2013 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I dont understand the motivation behind making paragon levels account wide in the first place. I dont recall many players ever asking for this and it makes little sense to me. Why is it I should be able to play a barb, for example, for 1000 hours, then one day decide to make a wizard for the first time and despite never having played one before, automatically be paragon 9000 immediately upon hitting level 60? Not only is it illogical, there is also no sense of achievement in it.

It's a customization system. It gives players additional thought in distributing stats they want for certain characters. For instance, I will definitely be maxing out the dodge and dex stats for my second wizard (my "ninja" wizard) whereas I'll be focusing more on traditional DPS and EHP stats for my main wizard. The rest of my characters I'll figure out as I go along. We don't get these options in the current paragon system.

For the OP, you can always reroll the same class. I'm currently leveling my second wizard (went from paragon 29 to 67 this week playing a couple hours each night). I was one of the "single paragon 100" players prior to paragon 2.0's announcement. After my second wizard, I'll probably transfer some pieces over to my WD and go from there.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]