Diablo® III

Unlimited paragon levels?

I read on some website that this is coming. How do you guys feel about this? i mean it adds lots to do and essentially never ending content, but this also kind of kills the game for me. There is just no point in leveling up my paragon if i never have a goal to reach. what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
Not having a set cap like it is now with PL100 will be weird. I get what you are saying about not having a set number to set a goal for. But if the character receives something for every level, I feel like every additional level is the goal, and the extra stats will make the character that much better.
Reply Quote
For me it's awesome, things like XP and demonics and what not are great incentives to keep farming. I never cared about playing for XP efficiency, leveld to 100 on my wiz with the stormcrow and only wore a hellfire for like 20 levels. A lot of the time I was farming mid - high MP before they buffed the multiplier and farming mp 0 - 1 was the way to go. I'd probably still be playing my wizard and nothing else if I was still gaining xp.

Never hitting an xp cap will be pretty cool. If you play for a day and nothing good drops you still gained something. That's enough to keep me going indefinitely.
Reply Quote
I also read there is a cap on stats of 50 though...Not sure how many options there are as to where we can put the points, but if they all cap at 50, once you cap them all it's gonna make plvls nothing more than epeen!!!
Reply Quote
remember how hard it was to get to paragon level 100 on 1 character let alone 5. Infinite doesn't mean we will instantly be at
Power level over 9000!

Most of us will end up choosing the core games stats first (sans hardcore), those being crit chance, crit damage, and ias. From the looks of it though an extra 250 intelligence, 10% crit chance, 100% crit damage and 10% more ias that alone brings my current dps up to 288k (unbuffed). And we even still get to choose separate adventuring stats!
Reply Quote
I'm sure that the "endless Paragon Leveling" will have some mathematical breakpoint.

For example, the distance between say, Paragon level 1200 and 1201 will take no less than 3 months, even with a Marquise Ruby in your helm, Leorics signet on one hand, Hellfire on the other, at MP10 with 4 players running 24/7.

Well played Blizzard, well played indeed.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
You'll get used to it. Even if stats get capped, it'll probably take forever since each level just takes a ridiculous amount of experience.

There are other games with unlimited or near unlimited levels. I think there's a RPG (Disgaea... I think?) that capped at level 9,999 for each character. Toward the end it's like 70 billion EXP or something with each enemy kill giving you a couple thousand EXP at best. Can't think of other games off the top of my head at the moment.
Reply Quote
I would love to see the cap set at somewhere between 300-500. that way the stats that you get are actually crucial and there is some decision making involved in your build. They have added a little character build customization in the form of selecting new stats but its kinda pointless since eventually you can max out all the stats anyway. this system isnt gonna benefit skilled players its gonna benefit people with the most time on their hands for paragon leveling. To me it just seems like a very simple fix to a very complicated problem (ie lack of end game content).
Reply Quote
I think it's great.
Create a personal goal if that helps.

Get enough points to fully max out the paragon stat points on a single character for example.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Scythe
They have added a little character build customization in the form of selecting new stats but its kinda pointless since eventually you can max out all the stats anyway.

Looking at what we know it's unlikely anyone will ever max out their stats. There looks to be around 15-20 paragon stats with a total allocation potential of 50 points each (not confirmed just basing off the "core" page screenshot).

Each paragon level = 1 point.

That means to max everything out you will need to reach Plvl 750-1000. Depending on the scaling that could literally take years of grinding.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Scythe
this system isnt gonna benefit skilled players its gonna benefit people with the most time on their hands for paragon leveling

That's how rpg's work. You play more = you are more powerful. Being a "skilled" player has absolutely nothing to do with it in a game based around random loot and level progression.

It's not competitive anyway, there's no ladder/leaderboards. So why does it matter who is more powerful?

Where do you draw the line?

If you draw the line too early, it caters to casuals and the hardcore players are punished.
If you draw the line too late, it caters to the hardcore players and casuals are punished.

Solution?

Don't draw the line at all (No cap), no-one is punished. It's not competitive.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/23/2013 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why cap core stats? I will have 5 level 100 paragons when this comes out so if I want to drop 500 points into str into my barbarian why not let me? Why worry now about balance being broken? (everything barbarian)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]