Diablo® III

Why uncapped paragon is bad

They need to fix the economy and bot problem before introducing new expansion, otherwise it all gonna fall again like it did. The inflation of gold we have is radiculous for legit players that wanna play and not camp AH 24/7.

I agree with OP that infinite paragon level is bad idea, because I doubt they will stop botters, and doubt they will ban them. Competetive part of game is one of most important parts of any games, if you get rid of it you will lose interest in the game and quit, again, like most people did.

Paragon could be infinite IF they made set amount of levels "standard" and everything above it super hard. In example you got 200 paragon levels as standard, you do them with acceptable speed for legit player. 200 to 201 level will be twice as hard as 199-200, and 201 to 202 twice as the previous level etc. With such system, getting just 209 to 210 level will be 1024 times harder than 199 to 200.
Good luck even with bots :P

Auction house need revamp to stop the "AH gameplay only" and bots. I would limit amount of stuff you can buy/sell daily in it, anything over that, learn to socialize. People would then use AH as privilage and think before buying/selling stuff in it. It would also block massive use of AH, so no camping in it anymore, unless somebody want to buy over 100 D3 games to camp all the day with bots.
Reply Quote
I love the idea. No limit to how strong you can get and the bonus is account wide. I get points that I can build my character with!

I assume the exp goes up the higher the level so you probably won't be seeing paragon 1000 but I like the idea that it is possible. I don't think that this will hurt pvp either. If someone is stronger than another person because of their gear or their paragon lvl or both, then they deserve to win.

As far as bots go.... I don't care. There will always be bots.
Reply Quote
+1
blizzard should address this
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 10:32 AMPosted by JakeBaby
I played D2 for PvP and it was awesome. It was my childhood haha. However i go to school, work, and of course do other stuff besides video games (im sure all yall too just trying to make a point). But some people are able to play this game tons and tons, and if PvP ever comes to be, i feel like i would never be able to compete because my level would be so low compared to everyone else....

If you are worried about pvp with the new paragon system. Maybe you should suggest blizzard disable all paragon bonuses when in a pvp area.
Reply Quote
People already complaining.... sign of release? :D
Reply Quote
They need to fix the economy and bot problem before introducing new expansion, otherwise it all gonna fall again like it did. The inflation of gold we have is radiculous for legit players that wanna play and not camp AH 24/7.

I agree with OP that infinite paragon level is bad idea, because I doubt they will stop botters, and doubt they will ban them. Competetive part of game is one of most important parts of any games, if you get rid of it you will lose interest in the game and quit, again, like most people did.

Paragon could be infinite IF they made set amount of levels "standard" and everything above it super hard. In example you got 200 paragon levels as standard, you do them with acceptable speed for legit player. 200 to 201 level will be twice as hard as 199-200, and 201 to 202 twice as the previous level etc. With such system, getting just 209 to 210 level will be 1024 times harder than 199 to 200.
Good luck even with bots :P

Auction house need revamp to stop the "AH gameplay only" and bots. I would limit amount of stuff you can buy/sell daily in it, anything over that, learn to socialize. People would then use AH as privilage and think before buying/selling stuff in it. It would also block massive use of AH, so no camping in it anymore, unless somebody want to buy over 100 D3 games to camp all the day with bots.

They are trying to stop botters...but the truth is, they cant. If anything i think the new system will increase the number of botters. If they limit The amount of points you can dump in each character to 100-200 & any levels after that are just epeen, it would be fine, as thats reasonable.

There is always the possibility that they have just mentioned this stupid idea to bring back players & keep them busy grinding ready for the expan.

Though this topic is nothing to do with the auction house. They have said the AH will remain. Imo they should add a new currency to replace gold, allow players to convert gold to the new currency with bad conversion rates (i.e 9:1) & increase the tax on selling items insanely high (80-90%).
Reply Quote
there will be too many elitists/botters that can exploit this
Reply Quote
View profile
08/22/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Taganov
It may turn out to be the badge of dishonor that leads to more bot banning :)

If blizzard banned bots because of a "badge of dishonor" then theyd have a lot less problems because it would be stupid easy to spot a potential botter with how much gold they've picked up.

Alas.....
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Ruhollah

Yeah there will.
Reply Quote
If you have the following,

-P100 barb
-P300 DH

you're saying that when you play the barb, it will only be lvl 100.. Why wouldnt it look like this?

Account P300
-barb
-DH

doesn't work that way. paragon levels become account wide plvls.

meaning to say
today you might have 10x plvl 100 characters.

where the account wide paragon 2.0 is released.

all your character are now roughly plvl 195-199 with a single unified paragon level.

example, you now level up your barb to paragon 200, immediately all other characters are also plvl 200 and gain 1 point more to allocate. (I mean, basically your xp is no longer associated with individual characters but the entirety of your account)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1kwle8/paragon_experience_extrapolated_past_level_100/

so at plvl 199, each and every one of your characters have 199 points to allocate, assuming you have 1 additional free character slot, once you create your crusader, he too will be plvl 199 and have 199 paragon points to distribute.
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 05:10 AMPosted by Shykon

Yeah there will.

How are elitists "exploiting" this when it's simply playing the game? I've never understood this logic. With every RPG game, you are always awarded the more you play. If there is an experience system and level progression, of course you will be better if you play more. Are you saying that because you don't get to play as much, other players shouldn't be awarded because they can?

And besides, this is Diablo and it's not competitive in any conceivable way. If there were some type of balanced PvP in the future it clearly wouldn't take paragon stats into account or rather would have a matchmaking system that matched people with the same/similar paragon levels.

I just find it really astounding that people are actually complaining about unlimited points and stat allocation, the latter of which we have been wanting since day 1.
Reply Quote
I was going to also point out that you are misunderstanding how combined paragon is calculated/point allocation works as well, but looks like chrisloup has it covered. ;)
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/24/2013 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Shykon
You are made to feel like you are forced to play the character you invested the points into at the start.

if youre playing something cause you are "forced", its far from game fault.

It destroys any chance of there being competitive pvp.

it doesnt destroy it. just find your own match or mode and be competitive at your own level.

People who have played the most/botted the most (prob most cases) are gonna be the strongest.

its not something wrong for those who play most to feel stronger. i hope those who bot banned tho. unlinited paragon pretty much a good motivation to play to win and not flip to win. i think it will do more good that bad.

People who have invested/botted pre-expansion are at an advantage. People who haven't are at a disadvantage

those who give more effort should be rewarded more. if not then whats the point?

youre whole argument of whats making unlimited paragon bad is about those who do more effort get more benefit. why would someone play more if theres on real advantage between the guy who played 4k hours and 100 hours? i might just as well stop playing at 100 hours. you see, eventhough elitism isnt such a good word, but in this particular case its what drive the competition in this game. whats so special about studying to be medic when those who studied for 5 years have same chance whit those who didnt even finish highschool can be a doctor?
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Shykon
It destroys any chance of there being competitive pvp.

Please explain to me why?

Oh, wait, you ASSUME pvp in D3 can only be done with your own made characters.

Not like there are other ways to implement pvp............................

Btw: I really couldn't care less if there is going to be pvp or not. This is Diablo, Diablo has NEVER had competitive pvp, when do you people get this through your thick skulls?
Reply Quote
I hope they will be wise enough to let Paragorn levels ONLY work for characters that are lvl 60. Would be kind a strange to start a new character ... and he has already the "effect" of 120 Paragorn levels or something ...
Reply Quote
you need PvP in Diablo? lol
just play SC2 or LoL instead
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 05:47 AMPosted by CrniVuk
I hope they will be wise enough to let Paragorn levels ONLY work for characters that are lvl 60. Would be kind a strange to start a new character ... and he has already the "effect" of 120 Paragorn levels or something ...

I totally agree. (Except did you mean 70? That's the new cap, unless you are referring to vanilla characters as Paragon 2.0 will affect them as well)

Keep in mind that even if that's the case you can simply choose not to allocate them on your fresh character until you are level 70. Each character has their own stack of points to distribute, it's not the same stat allocation for every character.

I can see how allowing the stats to be distributed at level 1 will appeal to twinkers that just want to reach endgame though, so I don't mind either way.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/24/2013 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes, but if you want to keep at least somewhat a healthy experience for lower difficulties then you simply cant allow paragorn stats to work for characters that have not reached their max level. Its already bad enough as it is with the auction house and super cheap low lvl items that have reduecd level requirements and that you can throw the best gems in every socket since they dont have level requriements (Hell even D2 had those ...). I still dont understand how they overlooked those things ...

I mean its pretty frustrating to start a new game wit ha new character that has not some powerfull items and you just want to play a rather normal game just to have someone join your multiplayer game whos literaly rushing trough the content ...
Reply Quote
Endless paragon system is a great idea, who cares if a bot is paragon 1200 sooner Orr later they will get banned
Reply Quote
The NEW Paragon Level wil be based on the amount of Experience ALL chars in your Acc have gained.

Get it?

You dont just add up numbers, you add up overall exp gained.

Paragon levels aren't static, they're calculated by a formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORB-a0NhSI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUho-XTOszUf8vxjy0bm20lA

This man tries to explian it to you. He does it quite well. Watch the full video and THEN come back and talk about Paragon again. (he may not be a native speaker)
Edited by Eraser#2219 on 8/24/2013 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]