Diablo® III

Single player question

Is there a colored marker at your character's feet when playing solo (or online) ? I hope not. And do you also have the option, when you die, to "resurrect at your corpse", like in multiplayer ?... ...I wish this option also existed in the PC version by the way - the checkpoint system when resurrecting is a bit annoying.
Edited by ArmorVil#2795 on 8/23/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like this screenshot answered one of those questions :

http://i.imgur.com/gs88h5w.jpg

No colored marker at the character's feet :)
Now, if someone could confirm that when you die in single player, you can resurrect at your corpse?
Reply Quote
What do you mean res at your corpse? Like an ally resing you? Yes I'm sure that will be a thing. And I'm sure it will be checkpoint res in solo
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Celiz
What do you mean res at your corpse? Like an ally resing you? Yes I'm sure that will be a thing. And I'm sure it will be checkpoint res in solo

No. There is a gameplay vid where two guys are playing and keep dying, and even though the other player alive doesn't come near the other's corpse, the dead guy has two choices : "resurrect at check point" or "resurrect at corpse". I'll try to find the video again and will link it here.
Reply Quote
Sounds like a local coop thing given that you both habe to be on screen togethrr
Reply Quote
Yeah perhaps... I have trouble finding the video again >.<
Reply Quote
Ha, found it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UyPynJcI9VM#t=642

Jump to 10:30 to see it. There is an option to res at ally, so if there's an option designed for the multiplayer, my guess is it's this one. By this logic, that should make res@corpse an option also available in single player, but I don't hold my breath.
Edited by ArmorVil#2795 on 8/25/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/23/2013 12:18 PMPosted by ArmorVil
Is there a colored marker at your character's feet when playing solo (or online) ? I hope not. And do you also have the option, when you die, to "resurrect at your corpse", like in multiplayer ?... ...I wish this option also existed in the PC version by the way - the checkpoint system when resurrecting is a bit annoying.

The console version of Diablo III uses colored character icons to help identify your hero in group play where lots of special effects are happening all at once, but they don't appear in single player mode since it isn't as much of an issue. You will, however, be able to resurrect at your corpse in a single player game, so that you can get right back into the action as quickly as possible.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Grimiku

The console version of Diablo III uses colored character icons to help identify your hero in group play where lots of special effects are happening all at once, but they don't appear in single player mode since it isn't as much of an issue. You will, however, be able to resurrect at your corpse in a single player game, so that you can get right back into the action as quickly as possible.

Cmon blizz, Game already is as casual it can be. Remove this ressurrect at corpse, make death to mean somethink.
Diablo --> Perm death
Diablo 2 --> Lose items
Diablo 3 --> Pay %0000000.1 of your money
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Navhkrin

Cmon blizz, Game already is as casual it can be. Remove this ressurrect at corpse, make death to mean somethink.
Diablo --> Perm death
Diablo 2 --> Lose items

You could just punch yourself in the @!!*#%@# when you die if it would make you feel better..
Reply Quote

Diablo --> Perm death
Diablo 2 --> Lose items

You could just punch yourself in the @!!*#%@# when you die if it would make you feel better..

I lol'd
Reply Quote
Game already is as casual it can be. Remove this ressurrect at corpse, make death to mean somethink.

you will already pay repair fees.

all they're doing is making more convenient so you dont have to deal with the awkward checkpoint system that the game currently has.
Reply Quote
The checkpoint system is pretty awful
Reply Quote
i don't see how having a checkpoint system adds meaning to death, you just get some exercise walking back to where you died nothing lost it has no incentive to avoid dying.

maybe having your gear dropped or a exp loss would be more fitting to add meaning to death and have you wanting to avoid dying. plus running around naked trying to loot your dropped gear while avoiding damage from mobs would be funny :)
Reply Quote
If you want death to mean something, play HC.

As for res at corpse, if console get it, why can't pc?
Reply Quote
If you want death to mean something, play HC.

As for res at corpse, if console get it, why can't pc?

i will be playing HC aswel as SC i was just offering my thoughts on the previous question

Diablo --> Perm death
Diablo 2 --> Lose items
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Grimiku

Awesome. Thanks for the reply, Grimiku. I would also like to see this feature in the pc version by the way.
Reply Quote
View profile
Diablo 2 --> Lose items

Uhh, no you lost a hefty sum of (pretty much useless) gold and if you were on NM or hell you also lost XP.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 07:08 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Diablo 2 --> Lose items

Uhh, no you lost a hefty sum of (pretty much useless) gold and if you were on NM or hell you also lost XP.

your gear fell off, but if you were in a single player game you can just log out / in. if you were in a multiplayer game and the only person in this game, and you died and logged out, you're SOL.
Reply Quote
Diablo --> Perm death

There was no permanent death in the first Diablo. Instead all your equipped items dropped to the ground.

08/27/2013 07:08 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Diablo 2 --> Lose items

Well short term you lost your items, as they stayed within your corpse, and had to be picked up. Also picking up your corpse retrieved part of the lost XP. You could also create a new game, and your corpse would wait for you in town, but in this case you would forfeit the XP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]