Diablo® III

People need to stop complaining about the AH.

End game gear should be rare enough that you have to put effort in yes........but not to the extent where you have to invest thousands of hours finding rubbish and then forced to buy it.

What is this game a prison for the masses run by a small group of greedy Tycoons support by Blizzard?
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:51 PMPosted by PVStar
Even Jay Wilson admitted that the AH hurt the game. Hard to defend something when even the game director thinks it was bad.
Dont think many people care about his opinion on D3 atm.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Jt3z
How does the game force you to use the ah? Again this is the entitlement at work.

Technically, it isn't 'forced', but it IS HEAVILY HEAVILY influenced, very close to being forced, as well as causing the drops to roll much too random, with no predefined structure of any kind so that the AH could 'maintain' a stable economy and not be flooded with the same type of gear.
We all know how BS that is tho.
Reply Quote
They are almost comical in their attempts to tear down the people campaigning against the AH. I love being told how I'm jealous or how I don't have a job.
Tear down people? Did i ever say you dont have a job? All i am saying is that the ah is the least of our concerns. And if you read my first post you would see that i said i was not defending the ah in fact i would love it if people played the game more than the ah.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Jt3z
I will apologize for my name calling. But the ah is not the biggest problem facing the game atm. So what i take from this is all the endgame gear should be owned by everyone? Endgame gear should be as rare as they come.

Do you honestly think that there won't be "elite gear" in a game that is all about loot and RNG? The AH should be used for that purpose by the way, I mean only the top quality itens should be selling there for the people who can afford it (via $ or gold) and not being the only source of real progress throughout the game.
Reply Quote
What does flipping and morality have to do with each other?

If you have to ask, then I can only suggest you look to your parents for guidance ?

Don't misunderstand me, buying cheap and selling higher at the gah to enable better upgrades is a common though poor choice (IMO) for many gamers. Many feel they have no choice.

But the pro flippers that have destroyed the end game items markets by removing every single end game item the second it'd listed at the gah - just to sell for real cash at rmah - thus forcing genuine players to spend MORE real money to get the best loot is unforgiveable IMO. I blame BOTH the shameless greedy flippers as well as the system for assigning a $ amount to every pixel in game - this is widely acknowledged to have damaged the END game almost beyond repair, and is why so many have now left D3 for newer pastures, at least until loot 2.0.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Jt3z
Even Jay Wilson admitted that the AH hurt the game. Hard to defend something when even the game director thinks it was bad.

08/23/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Jt3z

Not many people care for the auction house apart from bot owners and Tycoons^
Reply Quote
It's Cheating (*whining*)
It's Unfair (*sobbing*)

Those flippers drive price too high !! Why blizzard allow some people to use brain for a franchise that usually depend on reflex and endurance !!

It's unfair for the brainless and the brain dead !

Allowing people to use brain for an action game is like allowing gun in a knifefight. Absolutely cheating !!!
Reply Quote
Technically, it isn't 'forced', but it IS HEAVILY HEAVILY influenced, very close to being forced, as well as causing the drops to roll much too random, with no predefined structure of any kind so that the AH could 'maintain' a stable economy and not be flooded with the same type of gear.
We all know how BS that is tho.
I agree completely and my point of this thread is to say that removing the ah will not fix this game only better loot will. I am also saying that the ah isnt all that bad. 1 it gives players a safe way to sell(trade) loot and 2 An option for players who dont have as much time as most to gear quicker than others(Rmah)
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Jt3z
I will apologize for my name calling.

Accepted thanks bud!
Reply Quote
People need to stop complaining about people who complain about the AH. First, the AH is obviously not going anywhere regardless. Second, no amount of complaining is gonna change that. Even if Blizzard does, for whatever reason, decide to remove the AH it won't be because people complained about it, otherwise they would have removed it by now. Third, people just need to let this !@#$ go already.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Tyrant
Not many people care for the auction house apart from bot owners and Tycoons^
Where are your numbers? "Not Many" isnt a statistic.
Reply Quote
Fun fact, Jay Wilson has no idea what Diablo is.

True story.

But, but, Jay Loved Diablo, it was always a part of his life! He even left his pregnant wife alone to crack out on the game for a week!
/sarcasm double overtime
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:01 PMPosted by mctastee
People need to stop complaining about people who complain about the AH. First, the AH is obviously not going anywhere regardless. Second, no amount of complaining is gonna change that. Even if Blizzard does, for whatever reason, decide to remove the AH it won't be because people complained about it, otherwise they would have removed it by now. Third, people just need to let this !@#$ go already.
A M E N ! ! !
Reply Quote
The ah in and of itself is no bad thing. But as soon as prices for certain items are hiked to a point that no matter how many hours you farm, you can't afford them upgrades, or they are only on rmah now (flippers trying to cash in) - then it does become a HUGE issue.

We pretty much all agree I think that the loot needs to be improved. More crafted and BOA stuff is best to reduce AH reliance for decent end game items. It's how we get there that is more tricky and undoubtedly we should be able to FARM the very best stuff - not be forced to PAY for it when we'll have spent @ $100 for D3 and expac !!
Reply Quote
The AH is simply a tool. However the implementation of that tool influences the game economy in a negative way as much as it helps people complete trades. With the AH in place one of the few methods that devs have to get people to play more rather than use the AH more is to implement BoA. That affects people whether they use the AH or not. Personally I was more in favor of self found as a separate mode for those that like BoA over having an AH. Many people raged against it. Now everyone gets to deal with BoA. So keep complaining about the people complaining about the AH. See how much that has gotten you already.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Jt3z
AH is the number one problem for lots of peeps on here......its the devil I tell ya........the devil
And these problems are exaggerated. If people wanna sell gear to purchase other gear that is up to them if people wanna spend their own money it is up to them. The only reason why people imo complain about this game is because they are jealous and feel they are entitled to the best gear.

imagine ... people that payed the full price for the game ... playing it a lot ... feeling entitled to get the best gear in the game :O

THE HORROR! I TELL YOU!

I dont mind if people decide to waste their money on virtual pixels, of they enjoy to spend 90% of the time to stare at a screen playing the stockbroker of Diablo 3 beeing the auction house Tycoon or what ever you want to call them. Really now. I dont care how people spend their time or money. Who am I to tell people what they should do?

But dont YOU tell ME that I am not entitled to the best gear in the game. Who are YOU to decide that? To tell me that someone with eventually 2000 or even 3000 hours of gameplay has not the same right to reach the same items and character someone did nothing else then using the RMAH or spending most of the time on the auction house flipping stuff. Sorry. But I have no tolerance with such attitudes. Do I want to take that way from you? Hell no! Do what EVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR TIME ( I mean that in general ). I am NOT going to tell people how they should play the game.

But, and that is the point that really frustrates me is, when you look at the way how the game works and how the RNG on items is set up, then you can farm for the rest of your life in this game, be the most efficient farmer that walked the earth ... and the chance is extremly small that you will ever achieve what people do with money or flipping. And why is that? Because they pretty much eliminate the RNG here. And you tell me I am not entitled to the best gear by playing the game? Then why the hell should I play at all? That would be like playing a racing game where you have only a 0.001% chance to win. Or playing a shooter where 99,99% of your shots miss the target. That would be like ... something no would enjoy.

I have no clue what can be done to change this. All I know is that I am not ready to spend the rest of my life playing a game that doesnt give me even a REALISTIC chance to reach something that people buy with money. A game that I payed money for. This is not some Free2play game. There are people that buy directly power inside our outside the game. That alone is bad enough. But I could accept that if I had a chance to get there by just playing the damn game and not its auction house.

Someone tells me I am not entitled to the "best" gear? Why? But someon whos not even really playing the game is? What kind of twisted logic is that? is it the Flipper or the player whos buying stuff on the RMAH that keeps the game alive? Or might it be the guy that spends most of his time actually inside the game, opening games, joining games, killing monsters, playing with his friends or random people, doing quests farming the endless fields of misery? Tell me, how long would this game really survive if tomorrow every human player would decide to use the auction house and the auction house ONLY. Where would the game be?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]