Diablo® III

People need to stop complaining about the AH.

The ah in and of itself is no bad thing. But as soon as prices for certain items are hiked to a point that no matter how many hours you farm, you can't afford them upgrades, or they are only on rmah now (flippers trying to cash in) - then it does become a HUGE issue.

We pretty much all agree I think that the loot needs to be improved. More crafted and BOA stuff is best to reduce AH reliance for decent end game items. It's how we get there that is more tricky and undoubtedly we should be able to FARM the very best stuff - not be forced to PAY for it when we'll have spent @ $100 for D3 and expac !!
I agree completely loot needs to be improved to a point where the ah is less important but to remove it completely would be wrong.
Reply Quote
Posted by CrniVuk

Well said.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Jt3z
I agree completely loot needs to be improved to a point where the ah is less important but to remove it completely would be wrong.

AH would be fine if drops were as they were in D2, Usable.
I don't understand why having the best of both worlds is such a crime in Diablo 3.
Well, I mean I DO understand it, but I'm tired of repeating myself.
Reply Quote
thank you, I really want to love D3 but I seriously cant take this stupid attitude anymore and that elitism by some people ... like how a gamer that payed money for this game is not "entitled" to the best gear possible. - what I mean is a person that bought the game not one that spends it on the RMAH.

But suddenly someone whos willing to drop money in to the auction house with barely any elite kills or the guy that spends most of his time to watch a screensaver (aka auction house) is?

But whos the person that helps to keep this game alive? The people that spend thousands of hours in to the game? Or the people that dont even play it?
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 8/23/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D3 is like gold mining. You can look for 1000 hours and can never find the gold. But someone can goto the store and buy it.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:13 PMPosted by CrniVuk
But whos the person that helps to keep this game alive? The people that spend thousands of hours in to the game? Or the people that dont even play it?

Well, I have a lot of hours in this game, like very very close to 2000 hours, and I've NEVER found anything worth more than 250mil, and that was on hardcore, a pair of ice climbers, and I used that gold to gear the WD I have.
So, the system CAN work in your favor, but the chances are astronomical, and the negative affects of the AH's so heavily out weigh the good.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 8/23/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:16 PMPosted by tbagala
Well, I have a lot of hours in this game, like very very close to 2000 hours, and I've NEVER found anything worth more than 250mil, and that was on hardcore, a pair of ice climbers.

I also have @ 2000, and 300m was the sale value my best ever find - a monk fist WKL.

Some flippers make 300m in minutes.

NOW can we all agree with Blizz when they accepted the fact the AH DAMAGED THE GAME.
Reply Quote
thank you, I really want to love D3 but I seriously cant take this stupid attitude anymore and that elitism by some people ... like how a gamer that payed money for this game is not "entitled" to the best gear possible. - what I mean is a person that bought the game not one that spends it on the RMAH.

But suddenly someone whos willing to drop money in to the auction house with barely any elite kills or the guy that spends most of his time to watch a screensaver (aka auction house) is?

Im gonna guess you are referring to me i havent spent one dime of my own money on the rmah because it would make the game less fun for me but to say that is wrong is wrong imo. What people do with their OWN money is their business not ours or anybody elses

08/23/2013 05:13 PMPosted by tbagala

AH would be fine if drops were as they were in D2, Usable.
I don't understand why having the best of both worlds is such a crime in Diablo 3.
Well, I mean I DO understand it, but I'm tired of repeating myself.
D2 drops werent any better it was just that the internet wasnt all that big in the day so its problems werent reported everywhere.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:16 PMPosted by tbagala

Well, I have a lot of hours in this game, like very very close to 2000 hours, and I've NEVER found anything worth more than 250mil, and that was on hardcore, a pair of ice climbers.

Are you very sure with that NEVER ?

Flipper exist because there are lots of people that didn't learn/know about price/value. Most people are expert with their own build but didn't spend time to learn the value of item they found for other people/build.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Jt3z
D2 drops werent any better it was just that the internet wasnt all that big in the day so its problems werent reported everywhere.

100% wrong. In D2, the items had a predefined structure, that would always roll a useful affix for you, the variation was the amount of stats it had, so while not every item was perfect, they could at least be used or traded fairly easy for something else which in turn could be used.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 8/23/2013 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also what if RoS turns out to make Diablo 3 super awesome and draw back alot of players into it which could include ALOT of WoW players that switch over completely and stop paying for WoW sub which is a huge income for Blizzard?

Then people think removing RMAH would be a good idea for a company to make money? just only make money from selling a 2nd Expansion somewhere in the future? really? people want patches and servers up and running for free and Blizzard make way less money? not try and compete with their other own product?
Reply Quote

Flipper exist because there are lots of people that didn't learn/know about price/value. Most people are expert with their own build but didn't spend time to learn the value of item they found for other people/build.

Absolutely positive. I am not an imbecile, and I know how to price check, and I also use every class.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 8/23/2013 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:22 PMPosted by tbagala
Absolutely positive. I am not an imbecile, and I know how to price check.
The why complain about flippers when it hasnt happened to you?

Also what if RoS turns out to make Diablo 3 super awesome and draw back alot of players into it which could include ALOT of WoW players that switch over completely and stop paying for WoW sub which is a huge income for Blizzard?

Then people think removing RMAH would be a good idea for a company to make money? just only make money from selling a 2nd Expansion somewhere in the future? really? people want patches and servers up and running for free and Blizzard make way less money? not try and compete with their other own product?
People need to realize that Bliz doesnt make much money off the Rmah.

100% wrong. In D2, the items had a predefined structure, that would always roll a useful affix for you, the variation was the amount of stats it had, so while not every item was perfect, they could at least be used to traded fairly easy for something else.
Are you sure we played the same game?
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Jt3z

lol, point to where I have been complaining about flippers.
I rarely 'complain' about anything, but I do state my opinion about things quite often.
Reply Quote
Who WOULDN'T use the Auction House? It is only natural for players to want to be the best they can in any game. In essence, that's what a game is! Here's a challenge, here are some tools, now overcome the challenge!

You have to understand that people will buy everything they can off the AH, and people will flip, and people will play the AH more than the damn game, not because it is fun, but because it's the best place to get gear. It's a damn good auction-system, too. The disparity between the quality of drops you find and the loot on the AH is so large, it's night and day. Who would choose the snail-pace?

Since the majority of players will use it, you can't really tell all of those millions (probably less now) not to use it. The AH is the game experience, and there's no way around that statement.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Jt3z
Are you sure we played the same game?

Not sure if trolling or serious o_-
Tell me that every maras you ever found, soj's, blackthornes, andys, mages, war travs, treks, etc etc etc didn't have the same affixes just a different roll of the numbers.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 8/23/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:26 PMPosted by tbagala

lol, point to where I have been complaining about flippers.
I rarely 'complain' about anything, but I do state my opinion about things quite often.
Haha my bad wrong comment. Didnt mean to quote you
Reply Quote

Imbecile is such a hard word.

It's more related to playing style. While most games reward focused character specialization, due to the loot system, D3 reward those that try to learn about all character and what kind of equip they need.

The proof :

Loot 2.0 - Smart loot is designed so more class specific loot dropped.
Paragon 2.0 - is designed so people encouraged to play more than one character
Edited by EchoingFury#1733 on 8/23/2013 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Jt3z
Haha my bad wrong comment. Didnt mean to quote you

All good =p
Reply Quote

Imbecile is such a hard word.

It's more related to playing style. While most games reward focused character specialization, due to the loot system, D3 reward those that try to learn about all character and what kind of equip they need.

The proof :

Loot 2.0 - Smart loot is designed so more class specific loot dropped.
Paragon 2.0 - is designed so people encouraged to play more than one character

TBH, the smart drop is the only thing that's bugging me. I mean, all of my account-wide SF items were found by other classes. Wiz found the Manticore (1316, 291 dex, OS) my DH's using, Barb found the 8% IAS Unity for Wiz, DH found the 260INT 4%CC Zuni's mask for WD...I enjoy this much better because everytime it felt like the "accomplishment" of two chars!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]