Diablo® III

No new class on Blizzcon....

i would alos like some legendary armor that looks like imperius armor
Reply Quote
Really hope that translates to "No new class but we're totally bringing back the Necromancer because reasons."
If you're keen to see what the Necromancer has been up to since the events of Diablo III, you'll be pleased to know that you'll have the opportunity to meet up with him once more in Reaper of Souls!

Also as Josh Mosqueira stated the interview with King Konger and elsewhere, we do not currently have any plans to add another class to the expansion. We feel the Crusader class is a truly epic, and fitting addition to Reaper of Souls, and we're excited to share more about it with you in the months ahead. :)

Well you guys at blizzard lost a customer. I'm done. Laugh all you want. I guess I'm a cry baby and have a sense of entitlement. Not everyone wants to play a melee character you know. LOD's classes had much more balance where I didn't play the melee based assassin.

ROS was supposed to bring life back into playing D3 again. This Pathetic $40 add on with 1 class and 1 act isn't going to bring everyone back including me. You at blizzard needed to redeem yourselves in bringing back customers. I enjoyed D3 for maybe a 3 months. Then I got really frustrated when there were drops with stupid stats on a class specific items. A wand had +140 to strength hardly any inteligence. Really? Then the AH itself ruined it for me as I can get better items if I wanted to. Of course at ridiculous prices.

I've really tried to get back into D3 lately when the expansion was announced. It's the same thing all over again.

Look ROS may or may not save this game from what it was. If we had more options like 2 classes, it would be much more alluring than 1 class which is melee based Great for those that like melee based classes. More balance More alluring.
Edited by SgtTenore#1313 on 8/26/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually love the crusader.

Still want the necro though.
Reply Quote
Perhaps the new skills and runes can make the WD into more of a Necro type of guy.
Reply Quote
Very very VERY sad to hear this... NECROMANCER MADE D2 those awsome bone soldiers atleast i can hope the WD get bone dogs..

I remember some post from a blue or from twitter when D3 was in development, talking about some rune that changed zombies into skeletons.
Reply Quote
Blizzard... We know your listening. But are you listening well enough? Breaking our expectations won't go over well for you. We expect 2 classes. Always have. Actually I expected 3, but no less then 2. So sure, you can make another billion dollars with 1 class. With 2 classes... you'll put smiles on everybodies faces and you'll probably make closer to 2 bill.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 01:29 PMPosted by TomCii
Perhaps the new skills and runes can make the WD into more of a Necro type of guy.

The witchdoctor looks way too much like a crackhead, twitches and shakes in all, to ever be as cool as the Necromancer. There is no fixing that.

I think leave the zombies, creepy animals, and poisons to the WD. Necromancer is all about the bone spells, curses, corpse explosions, and massive skeleton armies.

Plus its the only older class who fits directly into this expansions theme outside of the traditional holy warrior.

We all recognize it was a basic short comings on Blizzard's side to only make one new hero, but they are motivated merely by profits for effort than fan base these days. It's more profitable to make two classes over two expansions for $40 each than four for $40 and there's no changing their logic for this expansion sadly.
Edited by Dumannios#1710 on 8/26/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 12:16 PMPosted by UndeadKnight
Very very VERY sad to hear this... NECROMANCER MADE D2 those awsome bone soldiers atleast i can hope the WD get bone dogs..

With all the whining over the necromancer, I have a very strong feeling that the updates to our current classes will likely push WDs into a more necromancer esq roll.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Christonya2

With all the whining over the necromancer, I have a very strong feeling that the updates to our current classes will likely push WDs into a more necromancer esq roll.

I hope not. I want the WD to stay a WD and if they give us a Necro they should do it right.
Reply Quote
NPCs?

That's not what the consumers want....

This is Diablo 3 bro, where have you been?
Reply Quote
Yes, Blizzard, because we just can't wait to find out what that necromancer NPC is doing!

Give us a break...
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Really hope that translates to "No new class but we're totally bringing back the Necromancer because reasons."
If you're keen to see what the Necromancer has been up to since the events of Diablo III, you'll be pleased to know that you'll have the opportunity to meet up with him once more in Reaper of Souls!

Also as Josh Mosqueira stated the interview with King Konger and elsewhere, we do not currently have any plans to add another class to the expansion. We feel the Crusader class is a truly epic, and fitting addition to Reaper of Souls, and we're excited to share more about it with you in the months ahead. :)

I have this feeling that the current LVL 70 is apart of this exp and a LVL 80 cap is for the next, 90 100. Kinda like WOW. :) each with a new class. :) :)
Reply Quote
I have a feeling this is going to be a full priced expansion with mostly fixes, and very little content................
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 12:17 PMPosted by travboat
Oh man... I really hope that means that we can get a necro as a follower.

It has been confirmed that there will be no new followers in the Expansion.

08/26/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Zadiell
I have a feeling this is going to be a full priced expansion with mostly fixes, and very little content................

Very little content? I beg to differ;

-New Act
-New Class
-New gear ilvl63-70
-New skill runes for existing Classes
-Nephalem Trials
-Loot Runs
-Bounties
-Exploration mode

- plus "A lot of other big features we have kept for reveal at Blizzcon".

I wouldn't call that "mostly fixes and very little content". Not in the slightest ;P
Reply Quote
Oh man... I really hope that means that we can get a necro as a follower.

It has been confirmed that there will be no new followers in the Expansion.

Very little content? I beg to differ;

-New Act
-New Class
-New gear ilvl63-70
-New skill runes for existing Classes
-Nephalem Trials
-Loot Runs
-Bounties
-Exploration mode

- plus "A lot of other big features we have kept for reveal at Blizzcon".

I wouldn't call that "mostly fixes and very little content". Not in the slightest ;P

Lost faith in blizzard as of late, so I will wait and see, just not expecting much TBH, to me one act is kinda short, I mean, just farming one act will get boring even faster than Diablo 3 pre expansion..
Edited by Zadiell#1595 on 8/26/2013 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

god damn it, man. ease up on the spoilers.
Reply Quote

I appreciate your well-written comment us, but I would add that the necromancer would definitely wish to participate in the events in Act V. I would be shocked if the necromancer is not a playable class, follower class and/or main villain.. we have to know that the necromancer will choose to help or hurt the efforts of Death himself in the necromancer's continual efforts to preserve balance. Perhaps the necromancer agrees with Malthael's goals.. or perhaps the necromancer fears that Malthael is going too far and could end all things.. or perhaps both..

The necromancer should play a major role in this expansion and will hopefully be a playable character or follower.. he (or his apprentice I should say) shouldn't merely be in one scene ... it would be just as anticlimactic as the death of Deckard Cain.. I hope that Blizzard's storytelling team realizes the mistake they made with that and don't repeat something like that again with the necromancer/or necromancer's apprentice (since the necro is likely dead at this point).

Just my opinions I guess.. but hopefully we're being teased and the necro will come back this expansion in some major way, not just a side character..

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Rokit

I hope not. I want the WD to stay a WD and if they give us a Necro they should do it right.

Doesn't mean various updates to the WD to allow for a Necromancer build while still maintaining the WD builds wont come out.
Reply Quote

That's great and all, but you do have to remember this is the expansion to a game that in the eyes of the majority of players was/is a failure, while LoD which was the expansion to a game that was already viewed by most as an amazing game, included 2 new classes, and from the look of it more interesting systems. loot 2.0, paragon 2.0 and mystic don't add anything near the effect of charms and rune words.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]