Diablo® III

No new class on Blizzcon....

I find it amazing how the bad comments on this site outweigh the good ones like 10:1 yet Blizzard, for the most part, seems to take no recognition of it. They fix little tiny things that are meaningless to most of the players. They never seem to do things that the majority of people want. Even in the threads on this board it seems like blue posters read three comments of a thread and think everything is well. They make one comment in the thread to give you some false hope that they are actually doing something good to the game and then just disappear from the thread. I have to think Blizzards lack of understanding their player base is due to Activation and their only money matters ways, seeing as Blizzard use to make quality games. Remember when Blizzard would hold off on releasing things until they were perfect. Wasn't that basically like their unofficial motto? We don't know too much about the game just yet so I and everyone else could be in for a shock, but based on the way Blizzard has been doing things the last few years it's highly unlikely this expansion isn't just another !@#$ you to all Diablo fans to rake in the money.
Reply Quote
Not true by my point of view, D2 was an amazing game right from the start, and became awesome with LoD. For me, it was those later patches that ruined it, making the game too easy.

Edit: Crusader looks very cool, but only one class per expansion looks lazy, to be fair...

Pretty much this.

A Necro and the Crusader would be amazing. There are a lot of necros out there who weren't necessarily fans of the D2 Paladin and not current fans of the D3 WD. Bringing back the necro would revitalize interest in the game imo. And isn't that the real goal here? After the huge disappointment that D3 turned out to be (Subjective I know, but that feeling is pretty widespread) two of the most popular classes for RoS could be just what it needs.

I would expect the current plan is to bring in the Crusader, then for the following expansion bring back the necro, then maybe the druid for the one after, and so on and so forth. One at a time. To milk it for as long as it's worth. But even if Blizzard brought back two classes per expansion, and only ever used previous D2 classes, you still have a few more expansions. Blizzard can be imaginative when they want / need to be, so who's to say that they couldn't come up with brand new classes for future expansions? Point being, assuming I was correct about Blizzard already slating the necro for the following expansion, I would have to disagree with that idea, do the two classes for RoS, get the game back to where it should be, and then see where it goes.
Edited by Malephar#1304 on 8/27/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
vote with your wallets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
08/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Really hope that translates to "No new class but we're totally bringing back the Necromancer because reasons."
If you're keen to see what the Necromancer has been up to since the events of Diablo III, you'll be pleased to know that you'll have the opportunity to meet up with him once more in Reaper of Souls!

Also as Josh Mosqueira stated the interview with King Konger and elsewhere, we do not currently have any plans to add another class to the expansion. We feel the Crusader class is a truly epic, and fitting addition to Reaper of Souls, and we're excited to share more about it with you in the months ahead. :)
Welcome back, disappointment.
Reply Quote
Really hope that translates to "No new class but we're totally bringing back the Necromancer because reasons."
If you're keen to see what the Necromancer has been up to since the events of Diablo III, you'll be pleased to know that you'll have the opportunity to meet up with him once more in Reaper of Souls!

Also as Josh Mosqueira stated the interview with King Konger and elsewhere, we do not currently have any plans to add another class to the expansion. We feel the Crusader class is a truly epic, and fitting addition to Reaper of Souls, and we're excited to share more about it with you in the months ahead. :)

If you guys were only doing one class then it should have been necro, WD is kinda fail to be honest. You only get 5 permanent pets if you take every possible skill. WTB 30+ armies and revive like in d2 + a golem that was actually badass unlike the gargantuan.
Reply Quote
Really liking the Crusader - Paladin was my favorite class in D2 by far.
I honestly don't think the holy warrior template ever gets old. Yeah, it's used in everything, but that's because it holds up so well. People hunger for something to fill that niche (I know I do, anyways) and it doesn't disappoint. It's like having no Wizard/Sorc archetype in the game, or no Barbarian/Warrior equivalent.
They could try to create something new and exciting, but it would probably be very much like an existing character type (Witchdoctor), or just plain be no fun to play. It's design would likely feel clumsy and out of place.
We are at a point where, so far as traditional "classes" in video games go, literally everything worth trying has been done already.

As for the Necromancer - they have said in the past that they didn't want to make the Witchdoctor TOO similar, if they ever wanted to bring him back one day.
And unless everything has changed, this is the first of TWO planned expansions...
There is all of that Ureh stuff they showcased before D3 came out, and wound up never using. With work having already gone into it, I think it's a very likely candidate as a setting for the final D3 expansion.
And with the forests around Ureh being the "Jungle of the Necromancers", I believe the Necro could very well come back at that time.
So we might see the Necromancer playable again one day. Just not for a very, very long time...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
If you guys were only doing one class then it should have been necro, WD is kinda fail to be honest. You only get 5 permanent pets if you take every possible skill. WTB 30+ armies and revive like in d2 + a golem that was actually badass unlike the gargantuan.
Gargantuan is way cooler than the golem. The golem seemed a lot stronger though. WD mighta been more popular if its summons were actually worth a damn..
Reply Quote
We fought a necro in act 1 had and had the meeting with the necro's assistant in D3.
To me it seems like bringing the necro in as a npc in the xpac is just to antagonise the fans.
Reply Quote
I actually thought this would be buried pretty quickly but it's still one of the hottest topics.

I will reiterate that there are many who don't like to play a melee based characters. I'm saying 'based' as I know it has certain skills that hit from afar.

That said bringing the Necro or druid back, will give those players the option to pick that non melee class. LOD had a nice balance for the 2 classes released with that expansion. It's natural to think that that would be the case for ROS.

As it is I do enjoy the WD far more than I expected. It has own flair. It's not a summoning class IMO. It does have pets but that isn't the basis of the class. Voodoo magic etc is an interesting choice when you think about it. Zombie dogs and Gargantuan is the only things you can summon to stay with you. The others that are kind of summon type skills only last for a certain amount of time.

For me the necro was all about that Zoo army. Perhaps I was lazy as heck and just want to dance around while letting my army just slice through things. That and the curses that you could add use to enhance either pet build or Poison Bone skill.

I know I said I'm done with this game. I'm just trying to give Blizzard a chance to get things right and really listen to the fans. As of now if what we are seeing/hearing still stands as true, I'm not buying the expansion with 1 class.
Reply Quote

Would this Necro happen to be Zayl with Humbart ?
Reply Quote
not having two classes is stupid

when RoS ships everyone is going to play crusader (or at least a good % of them to try the new class)

so you will join public games and just have 4 crusaders...

also 2 classes per expansion allows to have even number per stat

for example

now:

str 1
dex 2
int 2

+ 1 str (crusader) ... and add another int

then next expansion adds one more str and one more dex

leaving 3 classes per main stat.... balance.

if you only add one now and one later

str 1+crusader
dex 2+new class
int: 2

un even

or if you add one now and 2 later

2,3,3 still un even!!!

DAMN YOU I don't want to join a game with 4 crusaders
Reply Quote

DAMN YOU I don't want to join a game with 4 crusaders

This is one of my big issues with just one class, not the joining part but the multiplayer part. With just one class me and my friends will all be fighting over the same gear, playing the same role and last and probably least; looking the same.

08/27/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Kenjy
Gargantuan is way cooler than the golem. The golem seemed a lot stronger though. WD mighta been more popular if its summons were actually worth a damn..

It really depends, clay and fire golem were pretty bland and didn't really look too great. Iron Golem and Blood Golem? They looked badass and you could even personalize the Iron golem's stats beyond just using him over the rest (I believe you knew this, just throwing it out there).
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 01:48 AMPosted by SocknBoppers
I don't want to join a game with 4 crusaders
Reply Quote
[quote="97527880476"]

We feel the Crusader class is a truly epic, and fitting addition to Reaper of Souls, and we're excited to share more about it with you in the months ahead. :)

Epic feeling for a tank class in a action RPG? Good luck then. At least one way to encourage group play and keep the packs in place instead of watching them hunt that poor DH who face aggro'd again because he is ...a demon hunter.
Reply Quote
if no necro then give us a wd that can have 20 permanent pets.
Edited by IMPERIUS#1513 on 8/28/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard gets crapped on no matter what. They show off this insane expansion and all anyone can talk about is only one class being in it...

in true blizzard community fashion lets just glaze over all the other awesome features...
Edited by Minmataro#1762 on 8/28/2013 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I think the Crusader is appropriate for the expansion, but the purpose of the Priests of Rathma is simply a perfect fit for the story and the artistic theme. It's actually pretty weird that you guys wouldn't do it, or a Druid for that matter. There is room for a second class, be honest.

Personally, I think the first expansion for a game that is going to have at least 3 expansions- and has suffered from a lot of criticism and community alienation- should be decisively big and meaty. I'm expecting a lot from Blizzcon, but the lack of a second class is a big negative for me, I feel that this is a very important part of my expectations. I'm absolutely not paying anymore than $30 for the expansion, assuming the features we'll see at Blizzcon are compelling enough.
Reply Quote
Wasn't the Necro the outcast of Diablo 2 anyways? The one actually character not properly reimagined in D3 was the Javazon, We must all fight for its recreation.
Reply Quote
And wait where was it said that the game is going to have 3 expansions? OMG I knew it was a very bad sign when the max level was 60, if this is true then the real dream of a LOD sequel is gone.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 12:17 PMPosted by travboat
Oh man... I really hope that means that we can get a necro as a follower.

he would su*k (like all other followers for sp rpg only).

If we don't get a necro class, then we need more summon skills/passives for the wd. Oh and please add a skill to greatly increase dps from summons. They actually su*k compared to bats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]