Diablo® III

Rate the Witch Doctor above you part ???

09/24/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Smpwast3d
I think it was intended to be a max of 600% rather than 1000%. --Would be interesting to hear this from a blue.

Plague Bats already does 575%, doesn't make any sense that it would be 600%. It takes 5 seconds to reach max value, It's working as intended.
Edited by Wachati#1647 on 9/24/2013 2:34 PM PDT
09/24/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Wachati
I think it was intended to be a max of 600% rather than 1000%. --Would be interesting to hear this from a blue.

Plague Bats already does 575%, doesn't make any sense that it would be 600%. It takes 5 seconds tor each max value, It's working as intended.

like Wachati said it takes 5 seconds to ramp to 1000% damage. and for most of the elite battles u either have knockback, fear vortex or maybe a ton of affixes that cause u to move so the 5 seconds of channeling to get max damage seems pretty fair considering how tough it is to always stay in 1 spot to channel.
I'm wondering where 575 and 600 are coming from.

The skill says it's 501 damage, and from what I've seen at least is, initially the skill does more than a single bear (236%) but nowhere enough to be about 500 of the jump.

Wouldn't it make sence that the skill is starting at the base firebat damage of 385%, and then gaining 20% of it's maxiumum potential UP TO 501% damage, and then capping at 501%? so, where is 575 and 600 coming from?
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 9/24/2013 2:39 PM PDT
09/24/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Wachati
Plague Bats already does 575%, doesn't make any sense that it would be 600%. It takes 5 seconds to reach max value, It's working as intended.

Plague bats does a maximum of 578% increased SLOWLY from 385% over time as the spell reads, but it goes no where near the 1000% that CoB reaches slowly over time which I believe was unintentional.
I have no idea where his numbers are coming from, He wants to believe what he wants to believe. ;/

Like talking to an ostrich with his head in a hole :P
and hes saying "im not listening im not listening"

The skill says it's 501 damage, and from what I've seen at least is, initially the skill does more than a single bear (236%) but nowhere enough to be about 500 of the jump.

Wouldn't it make sence that the skill is starting at the base firebat damage of 385%, and then gaining 20% of it's maxiumum potential UP TO 501% damage, and then capping at 501%? so, where is 575 and 600 coming from?

Firebats Cloud of Bats:
Call forth a swirl of bats that damage nearby enemies for 501% weapon damage as Fire. The damage of the bats increases by 20% every second, up to a maximum of 100%.

As you can see, CoB starts initially at 501% and multiplicatively(should be additively me thinks) works its way to 1000% since 100% of 500% = 500%, then 500%+500%=1000% after channeling for 5 seconds. I think the way it SHOULD BE is this:

Initial: 500%
After 1 second: 520%
After 2 seconds 540%
After 3 seconds 560%
After 4 seconds 580%
After 5 seconds 600% max.

Firebats Plague Bats:

Diseased bats fly towards the enemy and infect them. Damage is slow at first, but can increase over time to a maximum of 578% weapon damage as Poison.

As far as I understand, plague bats start at 385% and work their way up over time to 578% total.

The above represents a huge unbalance in the game thus leading me to believe it is an unintentional result.
like Wachati said it takes 5 seconds to ramp to 1000% damage. and for most of the elite battles u either have knockback, fear vortex or maybe a ton of affixes that cause u to move so the 5 seconds of channeling to get max damage seems pretty fair considering how tough it is to always stay in 1 spot to channel.
It's quite easy to stand in one place for a lot of time with enough DPS and 5+% LS on a Skorn.
09/24/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Smpwast3d
It's quite easy to stand in one place for a lot of time with enough DPS and 5+% LS on a Skorn.

lol. unless u have 60+ dodge thats a big no. and i feel you ignored my post about fear knock back and vortex. it doesnt matter what weapon your using or how much life steal u have vs them 3 affixes the will make u recast everytime unless u dodge them. yea the lifesteal lets u tank in arcane molten and plague. but u can count out fear,knockback,and vortex they come up quite frequesntly for witch doctors and thus making it tough to channel for 5+ seconds.

Firebats Cloud of Bats:
Call forth a swirl of bats that damage nearby enemies for 501% weapon damage as Fire. The damage of the bats increases by 20% every second, up to a maximum of 100%.

As you can see, CoB starts initially at 501% and multiplicatively(should be additively me thinks) works its way to 1000% since 100% of 500% = 500%, then 500%+500%=1000% after channeling for 5 seconds. I think the way it SHOULD BE is this:

Initial: 500%
After 1 second: 520%
After 2 seconds 540%
After 3 seconds 560%
After 4 seconds 580%
After 5 seconds 600% max.

Firebats Plague Bats:

Diseased bats fly towards the enemy and infect them. Damage is slow at first, but can increase over time to a maximum of 578% weapon damage as Poison.

As far as I understand, plague bats start at 385% and work their way up over time to 578% total.

The above represents a huge unbalance in the game thus leading me to believe it is an unintentional result.

plague bats its dot and it stacks. yea cob has a higher top end by a good margin. but pb with do damage over time and i think its damage can stack up to 5 times. im not an expert on pb but u couldcheck with skywalker or any of the other many players that uses pb. the spell isnt weak by any means it just does lower base damage then cob.
09/24/2013 02:56 PMPosted by EvoIution
lol. unless u have 60+ dodge thats a big no. and i feel you ignored my post about fear knock back and vortex. it doesnt matter what weapon your using or how much life steal u have vs them 3 affixes the will make u recast everytime unless u dodge them. yea the lifesteal lets u tank in arcane molten and plague. but u can count out fear,knockback,and vortex they come up quite frequesntly for witch doctors and thus making it tough to channel for 5+ seconds.

The same applies to Plague bats, but you don't see that coming anywhere close to 1000% like CoB which is my point exactly. Plague bats is a channeling spell, and CoB is a channeling spell, so both should reach relatively similar damage output which is far from the case at present. If CoB was intended to go as high as 1000%, then the other bat runes should be made comparable.
09/24/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Smpwast3d

The same applies to Plague bats, but you don't see that coming anywhere close to 1000% like CoB which is my point exactly. Plague bats is a channeling spell, and CoB is a channeling spell, so both should reach relatively similar damage output which is far from the case at present. If CoB was intended to go as high as 1000%, then the other bat runes should be made comparable.

read the post i made right above this one. plage bats does damage over time, the dot stacks, and the range if further. not every rune should be an exact copy of the other rune just with a differ annimation, pb is very capable of running mp10 just as cob is. there are 2 differ runes and both have the + and -. but damage wise they are still fairly comparable.
09/24/2013 02:59 PMPosted by EvoIution
plague bats its dot and it stacks. yea cob has a higher top end by a good margin. but pb with do damage over time and i think its damage can stack up to 5 times. im not an expert on pb but u couldcheck with skywalker or any of the other many players that uses pb. the spell isnt weak by any means it just does lower base damage then cob.

I'm quite familiar with plague bats as well considering I used it to level my paragon 91 WD that died to lag in HC. The DOT on plague bats is ridiculous which is why I say it is a more versatile spell, yet the burst damage is no where near that of cloud of bats which starts at 500% while PB starts at 385%. Cloud of Bats has its advantages as well considering it is short-range AOE, but even short ranged AOE shouldn't make it to 1000% while focused beam/DOT PB only reaches 578% max.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/smpwast3d-1791/TakeTwo/34506700
Edited by Smpwast3d#1791 on 9/24/2013 3:10 PM PDT
09/24/2013 02:56 PMPosted by EvoIution

This is why it's good to bring a lot of mobs behind you everywhere you go.

Vortex, Knockback, and reflect generally are not a problem if you get enough enemies around you to nuke. You'll have spirit walk up near 100% of the time during the time the elites are alive, provided you have the dps to do it. Enemies that spawn adds are super handy to have around you, and I try not to kill them as their adds become greatly valuable so they sort of become farming buddies when i'm playing solo
How does my budget WD look.
Please rate with the fore knowledge that it's progression is really stalled untill loot 2.0.
I can't afford the 2B items it would take to really upgrade unlessu see some cheap progression tips.
@desponyd 7/10
u need more cc on every place you can get it helm, zuni's ring etc for start. also instead of single resistances you need all resitance on pants and boots for example, almost any piece of armor u can get it.
i like your pet+acid cloud skillset but you need more hp. also stacking magic resistance is not effective anymore, better make the strongest wd you can make and play the highest mp u can farm effectivly.

someone rate me pls
@MrJuly: Your WD seems good. 7/10. I would swap searing locusts for pestilence to speed up your runs. I would replace Slam Dance with acid rain because it procs so well with LOH which could save your butt in a number of situations especially versus Reflect Damage elites. Bats and reflect damage don't mix very well if you haven't noticed, so I would throw the acid rain blobs in there for extra survivability. I would also swap the ruby for a marquise emerald for more DPS since you have plenty of crit chance. Ruby is better with low crit chance.

What I like about your build: Full zuni set = good mana. Good PUR at 25 yards which works well with the GI and GF passives.

Personally, I prefer skorn over one-handers since lower attack speed on the WD = bigger hits for less mana which works well with decay spells like zombie bears and acid rain, and you will be surprised how many more times you can cast those spells when your attack speed is reduced. I think decay spells work best with builds that are low in attack speed and high in CC and CD.
Edited by Smpwast3d#1791 on 9/24/2013 4:37 PM PDT
@swpmwast3d you have no sc wd i can rate so u can't rly rate u.
but nice hc wd, 28 pick up raidus :) nice dps for hc charcater for sure. good luck
Really just here for some assistance. I'm stuck at 156k damage and I still have a hard time with mp10 as I'm sure I should. I have 254mil and I could use some help boosting my character a bit. Feel free to message me in game if you want to help me with AH.
@pluton - Ok, here you go.

Crafts those items you can; you can get great upgrades in all your slots- bracer, shoulder, ammy and gloves. For your weapon find something with lifesteal, you'd be amazed what 3% can do for your survivability. I suspect with the added INT that a Manajuma with less DPS will actually give you a nice boost.

Go for a crit zuni helm; your DPS may drop a bit but the +20 regen will be well worth it. That's a start for you.

Here's mine, just picked up the depth diggers this morning; figure with the MF cap being raised may as well get a slight jump. Life is a tad low but this guy sports 274k dps and 950+ resists.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Axxegrinder-1767/hero/36136132
man i write 3 times always got skipped :/ someome rate me, give me some suggestions.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]