Diablo® III

New DH Here! Help with Strafe!

Hi guys!

I'm a brand new demon hunter. It is the only class I haven't played at all yet ( I have all but DH on EU too).

I fell in love with Strafe just because it's fun as hell to play. I built myself a cheap set (cost me like 60m without the gems which I already had). I wanted to know if there were any way to play over MP1-2 efficiently? I know my stats are very average I guess, but I got kinda good EHP.

What kind of DPS and/or other stats would I need to breeze through MP5-6 very easily?
Do I keep the manticore or go with calamity?

thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote
MP3 is the highest MP I was able to play with strafe with my dps without death.

You can play high MP with strafe if you decide to use more than 1 hatred spender.

here is a list of changes you want to hit
breakpoints http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569329357#1
aps 2.15 with a manticore (recommand)
strafe COLD SoJ
4pc Nata set or +10 discipline on Cloak
+14-22 yards
total discipline should be 50-60
(if you can get to 80 w/o losing much dps go for it)

my build that works for all MP
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cSgVTh!Ycb!ZbaZZZ

you can run demo-strafe instead but it require more player skill if you know what I mean.

I'm running my build with dual-wield so kill time is a bit slow, but if you are running it with a good manticore, you should be able to play MP8-10 pretty easy with 400k dps.
Reply Quote
My p(100) strafes MP7, although I have to swap in gloom for night bane, and prefer the turret in place of JS for higher MP. As specd I run MP5.

My alt runs as-is multiboxing in MP3 with another DH of very similar stats. With gloom I can run in MP5.
Reply Quote

I'm running my build with dual-wield so kill time is a bit slow, but if you are running it with a good manticore, you should be able to play MP8-10 pretty easy with 400k dps.

Holy shat! 400k DPS unbuffed? I thought I was OK with my 180k. Guess there is work to do! And when you say Easy with 400k, do you still pretty much one shot the mobs with Strafe?
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 04:19 PMPosted by TheRedeemer
Holy shat! 400k DPS unbuffed? I thought I was OK with my 180k. Guess there is work to do! And when you say Easy with 400k, do you still pretty much one shot the mobs with Strafe?

That is the idea, you want to load enough damage into 1 spot before the mobs start to move, this will take about 1-2 seconds. Strafe does not have a lower channeling cost so don't bother channeling until the mobs is dead, shot enough and switch target (change zone, etc.).

I have 320k with my Manticore and it is pretty easy except I had to switch to RF for elites because of the heavy resource drain. I would assume if you can get to 500k dps you should be able to kill elites under 8 seconds MP10 (don't have the gear, just theory).

stack mmd > dex > cc=cd
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/26/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, I changed Manticore and switched some gear from my Monk (should have done this from beginning, would have saved lots of gold) and got to ~290k DPS.

Do I really want more attack speed? I have the feeling my hatred is gonna go down like crazy if i get above 2 APS.

I could put on my monk's glove that would surely get me over 300k DPS.

Would a reasonable goal to achieve be 400k DPS and 300k EHP?
Reply Quote
I would suggest getting at least 1.88 aps. You will need to play around to get a build that fits your style in the game. Jump in the game and play around, I think there is already enough theory on this thread.

Spending Hatred is Good, it means you are doing a lot more damage. But if you can't regain after each sets of attacks you will run out and die. If you can get 1 globe per second you should have no problem getting your Hatred back moving around on the map.
Reply Quote
I tried switching with some of my monk gear temporarily because I don't have budget to rebuy everything!

I played a bit, tried inna's chest (why nobody uses it for 2-piece inna? So good EHP!), witching hour, quadfecta gloves, etc.

Lots of my monk gear is not exatly tailored for my DH (lots of Cold/All resist) but if I like it, I will be buy some new gear when the golds becomes available!

I found today, that with 300k DPS, I could go quite swiftly through MP3 mobs, but some elites took a bit of time to die. I don't believe it was too much though, I just won't do VotA runs with her!

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it out!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]