Diablo® III

Self-found mode

Why should I do all this work when Blizzard could support it the right way?

Now I am even more confused by your argument. You said you were against SF because it fractures the community. Your proposal takes me out of the community, achieving the exact same thing. So I ask again, why are you so against a feature that has no impact on you?

EDIT: And you say it yourself. They will "combat" the effect of the AH. It will not be removed. Where is your proof that the new system is effectively the same as SF?

"Less AH dependent" is not the same as SF.
Edited by Aphyrax#1841 on 8/25/2013 7:33 PM PDT
This seems like a perfect time to 2 tell ppl this,i started a thread in the looking for group section.Im tryin to get a self found group goin so that we can farm and grind out p levels.All self founders welcome,rest of the haters stay out.thanks everybody.
Edited by daedriclord#1303 on 8/25/2013 7:36 PM PDT
when playing self found mode in public games, it's like playing in public games in D2 with a bunch of dupers and hacks.

I can't see why people can be so vocal about not wanting something when it clearly doesn't involve or affect them at all.

I am all for the self found mode, at least that way you could have a safe zone that isn't impacted by all the crap that the AH causes, and then long after the general public had finished playing it would probably be the most populated game type.

Now I am even more confused by your argument. You said you were against SF because it fractures the community. Your proposal takes me out of the community, achieving the exact same thing. So I ask again, why are you so against a feature that has no impact on you?

EDIT: And you say it yourself. They will "combat" the effect of the AH. It will not be removed. Where is your proof that the new system is effectively the same as SF?

The self found proposal that includes separate server has no value but yet increases man power and effort on the devs to support and maintain. It is unnecessary. If you want achievements I'm fine with that.
Any word on whether self-found will be an official game mode, complete with separate stash and separate games, in the expansion? Self-found would greatly increase the longevity of the game.

Assuming you do add it, please increase the character cap by more than the 1-2 that was recently stated. In fact, just make it very large in general please. In D2 you could make as many characters as you wanted, and that was great for pack rats such as myself.

Lets put self found in "REAL" context since thats what self found is all about.

1) You self-found the money that you used to buy your computer.
2) You self-found the money that you used to buy D3.
3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
4) You self found the money to pay rent every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
6) You self-found your gaming video card, gaming mouse and/or keyboard.
7) You self-found your money to pay for electricity.
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

BTW if you kept up with your reading you would have realized that your self-found mode was made available on the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one. There is no AH so you can self-found in it all you want. Since there is no AH everyone you play with will also be Self-Found (Great for you self-founders) There is also an offline mode so you can self-found all by your self anytime you want! Go play that if you truly want to enjoy a "fake" self-found mode since there wont ever be one person who can answer yes to questions 1-8
there is already a self found mode

ps. LOL mat ^
Edited by Nabbs#1644 on 8/25/2013 9:13 PM PDT
08/25/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Aphyrax

1. Typical. Wanting to be spoon-fed. Being lazy isn't part of the equation here. There are ways. Don't be lazy.
2. Waste of time and resources on Blizzard's part. You're being selfish.
3. You want a SF mode or fresh new content/addressing bigger problems like end-game?

08/25/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Aphyrax

I was basically done with you, no point in keeping a person part of a community if he/she just doesn't get the fact that in a few months, Loot 2.0 will make almost everyone's gear self-found. Yet, you still cry and whine about wanting self-found. You'll blatantly ignore what I just said, run circles full of contradictions and I'll just watch in amusement. If you really want your e-peen status recognized, I don't mind a system like what Wyatt mentioned, where you get this special little badge noting how you found all your crap items and such (as long as you only use the items you self-found, your special little badge will never go away). As for a whole new mode? No means no little man. Reasons stated above ^

08/25/2013 08:27 PMPosted by mat82284
BTW if you kept up with your reading you would have realized that your self-found mode was made available on the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one

Brilliant. Go play console. Bye.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 8/25/2013 9:15 PM PDT

The self found proposal that includes separate server has no value but yet increases man power and effort on the devs to support and maintain. It is unnecessary. If you want achievements I'm fine with that.

It may not have value to you. It has value to me. I am a paying customer. Hence it has value.

Yes, it requires extra effort on their part. Blizzard surely can afford that. Also, I still don't understand why people are so vehemently opposed to Blizzard making their game better. Blizzard hiring one more dev to implement this has exactly zero impact on your game.
08/25/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Aphyrax
It may not have value to you. It has value to me. I am a paying customer. Hence it has value.

LMAO. You make it sound like you have no choice. You're not paying a subscription fee so I can't even begin to understand the logic behind this.

You either buy or not buy the x-pac.

08/25/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Aphyrax
Blizzard hiring one more dev to implement this has exactly zero impact on your game.

One more dev? Seriously? Now I'm starting to doubt whether you're old enough to realize it takes more than one person to come up with, design and implement a whole new mode for the game and maintain it. It DOES affect my game because time and resource is being spent on something eventually meaningless because of Loot 2.0 when they could be working on releasing new features, fixing problems, etc.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 8/25/2013 9:25 PM PDT

[b]I was basically done with you, no point in keeping a person part of a community if he/she just doesn't get the fact that in a few months, Loot 2.0 will make almost everyone's gear self-found. Yet, you still cry and whine about wanting self-found

I still seem to miss the part where as part of loot 2.0, the AH will be removed from the game. Answer me this.

1. Is the AH still in the game?
2. Are useful things trade-able via the AH?

Even if they make all the BiS gear BoA, that still does not invalidate SF. Not everyone has 50k elite kills on one character. Most of us never have BiS gear.

As long as I can buy gear on the AH that lets me clear inferno, SF is needed. Back when I played, you could buy gear to do that for less than 100k. Now its probably way less. For many of us, THAT is the problem. It makes playing through inferno trivial, which takes away the enjoyment.

You seem to be in the bucket of BiS chasers. For YOU, making BiS BoA may solve the loot problem. For ME, it does not. Nothing I have seen about loot 2.0 removes the need for SF for ME.
08/25/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Phantom

LMAO. You make it sound like you have no choice. You're not paying a subscription fee so I can't even begin to understand the logic behind this.

You either buy or not buy the x-pac.

Ummm...you realize you answered your own question, right?

Since you seem to have issues grasping the point, a quick summary.

1. I bought the game on release day.
2. I played a fair amount, but after a few months I was done because the game lacked longevity. Some of that was lack of content, but some was also the ease of gearing due to the AH.
3. I am evaluating whether I should buy the expansion.
4. SF will mean I will buy the expansion. No SF means I may or may not do to.

That is why I ask about this now. With the expansion coming up, money is in the balance. As such, my purchasing decision matters.
Oh, and while you desperately try to fight a feature request that does not impact you at all (you must be very bored), this guy has a 24 page thread going about removing the very thing you consider the salvation of D3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9741594128

[b]I was basically done with you, no point in keeping a person part of a community if he/she just doesn't get the fact that in a few months, Loot 2.0 will make almost everyone's gear self-found. Yet, you still cry and whine about wanting self-found

I still seem to miss the part where as part of loot 2.0, the AH will be removed from the game. Answer me this.

Even if they make all the BiS gear BoA, that still does not invalidate SF. Not everyone has 50k elite kills on one character. Most of us never have BiS gear.

As long as I can buy gear on the AH that lets me clear inferno, SF is needed. Back when I played, you could buy gear to do that for less than 100k. Now its probably way less. For many of us, THAT is the problem. It makes playing through inferno trivial, which takes away the enjoyment.

You seem to be in the bucket of BiS chasers. For YOU, making BiS BoA may solve the loot problem. For ME, it does not. Nothing I have seen about loot 2.0 removes the need for SF for ME.

This has to be the worst argument I've seen in a long while. I'm restraining myself.
08/25/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Phantom
Just shut up...
08/25/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Aphyrax
t is fine that people are against it. It does not matter how many are. What matters is, how many people want it, and how many of those are willing to pay for it. If that number exceeds the cost of implementing it then it will happen. Your opinion does not factor.

What if more people are against an idea than there are people for it ... that matters. (Not just the people for it). Blizzard would hopefully be looking at the idea from both sides... not just the side supporting the idea and seeing it it is a certain size.

Bigger threads make it look like there is more demand. Nobody is going to tabulate the number of responses for or against, and you haven't made any good argument that would stand out. As such, you are helping. Keep going.

Of course they are, that's the whole point of the forum. The content does matter. If you make a thread... and the majority of the thread is against the idea... so you make the thread again... and the majority is against it... those reading the threads will catch on. Continuing to just blindly ignore all of the same arguments over and over in every thread, just to make a new thread won't work any longer.

08/25/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Aphyrax
Still confused why you are putting so much effort into this. It is obvious why I am, I want change. You are feverishly arguing against something that has absolutely zero impact on you. Wouldn't your time be better spent playing the game?

Saying "it won't affect you" is not a valid argument. I am playing this game, D3... changes to this game affect me.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 8/25/2013 9:31 PM PDT

Blizzard hiring one more dev to implement this has exactly zero impact on your game.

One more dev? Seriously? Now I'm starting to doubt whether you're old enough to realize it takes more than one person to come up with, design and implement a whole new mode for the game and maintain it. It DOES affect my game because time and resource is being spent on something eventually meaningless because of Loot 2.0 when they could be working on releasing new features, fixing problems, etc.

The game already supports multiple game modes (HC, SC). They implemented new game mechanisms (eg, MP) in patches before. One dev could absolutely develop this feature in two years. You act like adding a row to a database, a new setting in the UI, and some code to tie the two together is rocket science.

You act like this is either-or. The right answer is, both. Seeing how much money Blizzard makes off this game, anything else does not cut it.

This has to be the worst argument I've seen in a long while. I'm restraining myself.

Please, do say something. I am curious. Specifically because I said this benefits ME. I want it. I said nothing about others. You will have a very hard time convincing me that you know better what I want than I do.
I hope there will eb SF mode...
when playing self found mode in public games, it's like playing in public games in D2 with a bunch of dupers and hacks.

I can't see why people can be so vocal about not wanting something when it clearly doesn't involve or affect them at all.

I am all for the self found mode, at least that way you could have a safe zone that isn't impacted by all the crap that the AH causes, and then long after the general public had finished playing it would probably be the most populated game type.

Truth.

As long as there's an AH attached to D3, there needs to be a mode of play completely separate from it and its users & abusers.

A true gamer mode
08/25/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Aphyrax
Oh, and while you desperately try to fight a feature request that does not impact you at all (you must be very bored), this guy has a 24 page thread going about removing the very thing you consider the salvation of D3.

When, in this 4 page thread, have I even typed the letters BoA, or BiS?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]