Diablo® III

Self-found mode

So I should have to spend extra money instead of asking Blizzard to give me what I want? Funny that you side with the billion dollar corporation on that one.

I'm not siding with anyone. You're obviously not very intellectual enough to have noticed that the WORLD evolves around money! People do NOT do things for free in this world. Its all about money, blizzard created this company because they wanted to make money. They didn't make it to sell video games because its been a life long dream. They did it to make money. Why do you think banks loan money? Why bestbuy sell's electronics? And why your internet costs you money?

Its because life evolves around money! Got it now? Blizzard will not create a self-found mode, EVER. Unless someone PAYS them. So if you want to pay blizzard to create this mode they will be more than willing to add it at a cost.

Blizzard created a self-found mode already. Its the ps3/ps4 versions. There is no AH, which means its 100% Pure Self-Found (until people hack it). So if you want Self-found that freaking bad go buy that game, or buy another copy on the PC and never use the AH.

Those are you only options, so deal with it.

Yes, its about money. So here it is. SF = $40 from me. No SF potentially = $0 for me. This is me paying for the feature.

EDIT: Also, your logic is flawed. Blizzard still patches the game for free. Why? Because player goodwill means more future sales. Blizzard has learned this, which is why they are so successful.
Edited by Aphyrax#1841 on 8/25/2013 10:01 PM PDT
08/25/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Well, do that then.

There's nothing magical about that. Ask them.

And why should I have to?

Eh, do you want to play the game or not? Playing self-found in Diablo 3 involves doing things that does not naturally exist in the game, it's the whole point of self-found, which is, lest we forget, personal self imposed rules. The rules are supposed to be yours. You are supposed to actively aim towards doing this for yourself.
08/25/2013 09:48 PMPosted by troyshaun
what bot do you run?

I don't bot? Don't know where you came up with that one. Pretty random as hell.

I'm quite confused as to what you consider a waste of time and resources

Implementing a game mode that will become meaningless in the future.

not fixing the skill balance, PvP and itemization issues that are all pretty much still broken.

You want this, or a self-found mode? SF will only delay this even further.

And why should I have to?

Eh, do you want to play the game or not? Playing self-found in Diablo 3 involves doing things that does not naturally exist in the game, it's the whole point of self-found, which is, lest we forget, personal self imposed rules. The rules are supposed to be yours. You are supposed to actively aim towards doing this for yourself.

I stated multiple times in this thread that I quit almost a year ago. So there is your answer.
08/25/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Aphyrax
The console version does sound enticing in that aspect, but sadly, Diablo without mouse and keyboard just isn't the same.

But a Diablo without trading is?
RoS will give you more Stash room. RoS will give you at least 2 more characters slot. If you want to play SF-SC, you can use the GAH and RMAH as storage. If it's HC-SF, use the GAH as extra storage.

Gold problem? Use a calculator or write it down or something. On SF-SC? Put as much of your gold as possible on the RMAH and cancel it but do not reclaim your gold.

If you handicap yourself by adding restrictions, that's your choice --- live with the consequences.

08/25/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Aphyrax
The console version does sound enticing in that aspect, but sadly, Diablo without mouse and keyboard just isn't the same.

Unless I'm wrong, some keyboards and mouse are compatible with the PS.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 8/25/2013 10:05 PM PDT
what bot do you run?

I don't bot? Don't know where you came up with that one. Pretty random as hell.

I'm quite confused as to what you consider a waste of time and resources

Implementing a game mode that will become meaningless in the future.

not fixing the skill balance, PvP and itemization issues that are all pretty much still broken.

You want this, or a self-found mode? SF will only delay this even further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

EDIT: And you still have not made any convincing argument that loot 2.0 makes SF obsolete.
Edited by Aphyrax#1841 on 8/25/2013 10:06 PM PDT

I stated multiple times in this thread that I quit almost a year ago. So there is your answer.

Whether you still play or not have precisely zero bearing on this debate.
08/25/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Vresiberba

I played D2 for years without ever trading with anyone.

Whether I still play is irrelevant. Whether I will play in the future is highly relevant because it involves the exchange of money.
08/25/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Use a calculator. Seriously, kids today need to learn how to do things for themselves. When I was a kid and played computer games, there was no magical 'M'-key I could press and get a map. I had to draw one of my own. With a pen. On paper.

You remember which items are which. Here's an idea; write it down.

You post in [Looking for Players] that you want to play with like-minded players, put them on your friend list and... play. There's no guarantee you will ever be carried, mode or not. It's simply inevitable that you will.

You delete a character.

To summarize your post. There are two ways to make this happen.

1. Blizzard invests some manpower to properly implement this for everyone who wants it.
2. Everyone who does it has to do extra work to fake it.

And you SERIOUSLY think #2 is superior to #1?

I don't care one bit what you consider 'superior', I gave you answers to your questions.
08/25/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Then don't trade with anyone in Diablo 3.
91 Human Mage
To end this pointless forum nonsense, Blizzard should implement some sort of tracker on items that you find so that it shows up in the armoury, or when inspected with a little golden star indicating that it is found by the user. No new game modes, no separation, just glorious recognition of effort.
08/25/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Aphyrax

What you did is irrelevant. Diablo has had the facilities to trade for 17 years, incidentally how long the series has existed.

Then don't trade with anyone in Diablo 3.

Sure thing! Now lets just add an option whereby if when I look for a game I am only matched with people who also never trade. And lets also give me separate stashes for my characters that trade and those that don't. And increase the character limit so I can have both without having to play overseas (lag + HC = not fun).

Whether I still play is irrelevant. Whether I will play in the future is highly relevant because it involves the exchange of money.

Well, then I can solve this for you now; there will never be a separate, self-found mode in Diablo 3, ever.

What you did is irrelevant. Diablo has had the facilities to trade for 17 years, incidentally how long the series has existed.

This has precisely zero to do with the discussion at hand. But thanks for the bump!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]