Diablo® III

Self-found mode

I'm not siding with anyone. You're obviously not very intellectual enough to have noticed that the WORLD evolves around money! People do NOT do things for free in this world. Its all about money, blizzard created this company because they wanted to make money. They didn't make it to sell video games because its been a life long dream. They did it to make money. Why do you think banks loan money? Why bestbuy sell's electronics? And why your internet costs you money?

Its because life evolves around money! Got it now? Blizzard will not create a self-found mode, EVER. Unless someone PAYS them. So if you want to pay blizzard to create this mode they will be more than willing to add it at a cost.

Yes, its about money. So here it is. SF = $40 from me. No SF potentially = $0 for me. This is me paying for the feature.

EDIT: Also, your logic is flawed. Blizzard still patches the game for free. Why? Because player goodwill means more future sales. Blizzard has learned this, which is why they are so successful.

The funny thing about your post is that your actually serious!!! Blizzard is only doing free patches because they needed to fix a game that they created and the userbase wasn't happy with. They are not here to cater to losers like you who don't have "SELF CONTROL" that you need blizzard to hold you hand while you play this game since you obviously cant control yourself.

Your 1 in millions. Trust me they wont miss you at all. So go cry in a corner because your not getting a self-found mode. They are in the business to make money, they want people to use the AH. They would loose more money creating a self-found mode since that closes the possibility of ever using the AH and most who invested in that mode wont use another mode.

You are only looking at it from a Selfish gamer point of view. If you looked at it from a company/profit point of view you would see that you will NEVER get your mode.

At the very least, they might create it one day if and only if millions want this and then and only it might end up in the Last Expansion since it will force you to buy all the previous ones to run the last one. So pure profit for blizzard to get all those who only want self-found.

Blizzard created a self-found mode already. Its the ps3/ps4 versions. There is no AH, which means its 100% Pure Self-Found (until people hack it). So if you want Self-found that freaking bad go buy that game, or buy another copy on the PC and never use the AH.

Those are you only options, so deal with it.

If this was true, Diablo 3 would have been a successor to Diablo 2, which isn't the case. They have gone from Quality to Sales. It's been proven in there Call of Duty Series.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 8/25/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Any word on whether self-found will be an official game mode, complete with separate stash and separate games, in the expansion? Self-found would greatly increase the longevity of the game.

Assuming you do add it, please increase the character cap by more than the 1-2 that was recently stated. In fact, just make it very large in general please. In D2 you could make as many characters as you wanted, and that was great for pack rats such as myself.

TBH mate, a simple solution is not to use the AH. Thats self found mode. I don't see by blizz devs adding a locking button to make it a feature you don't want to use.

By the sounds of it like everyone else said the focus seems to be veering from the AH anyways. I dont use the AH atm myself i cant simply afford upgrades atm and tbh my barb is good enough as is same goes with my other toons.
08/25/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Aphyrax
I played D2 for years without ever trading with anyone.

Guys, we know what's up now.

He's a special case.

Let him be.

I'm out.

I leave him with my first post :D

08/25/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Phantom
Just shut up...
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 8/25/2013 10:17 PM PDT

Whether I still play is irrelevant. Whether I will play in the future is highly relevant because it involves the exchange of money.

Well, then I can solve this for you now; there will never be a separate, self-found mode in Diablo 3, ever.

I didn't realize your name was Robert Kotick.

If you are so convinced that it will never happen, why do you spend all this time arguing against it? What are you getting out of participating in this thread? I am genuinely confused.

What you did is irrelevant. Diablo has had the facilities to trade for 17 years, incidentally how long the series has existed.

This has precisely zero to do with the discussion at hand.

A self-found mode could never exist if players are able to trade, so, yeah.
I played D2 for years without ever trading with anyone.

Guys, we know what's up now.

He's a special case.

Let him be.

I'm out.

I had a Guardian in every class. Did you? I played to grow my character. I had fun.
Edited by Aphyrax#1841 on 8/25/2013 10:27 PM PDT
08/25/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Aphyrax
I didn't realize your name was Robert Kotick.

Me neither, because it isn't.

08/25/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Aphyrax
If you are so convinced that it will never happen, why do you spend all this time arguing against it? What are you getting out of participating in this thread? I am genuinely confused.

I find debating it stimulating.

Then don't trade with anyone in Diablo 3.

Sure thing! Now lets just add an option whereby if when I look for a game I am only matched with people who also never trade. And lets also give me separate stashes for my characters that trade and those that don't. And increase the character limit so I can have both without having to play overseas (lag + HC = not fun).

=> Use LFG. Oh my, you actually need to put in some effort?! You decide to put restrictions on yourself. Deal with it and search for a group. You don't even want to play with other SF, you just want to play with people with similar gear range. Big news, in a SF mode, people are going to have more DPS than you. What now? You are going to refuse to play with them as well?

=> You got the GAH that gives you A LOT of extra storage. Send your unneeded items in it and cancel the transaction. You now have 1-2 empty page just for you.

=> Delete up to 1-2 SC character(s) since you are not even using them. If you don't want to do that, you can change realm. If you don't want to do that, just wait for the XPAC. You will get 2 extra slots for characters, if not more.
what bot do you run?

I don't bot? Don't know where you came up with that one. Pretty random as hell.

I'm quite confused as to what you consider a waste of time and resources

Implementing a game mode that will become meaningless in the future.

not fixing the skill balance, PvP and itemization issues that are all pretty much still broken.

You want this, or a self-found mode? SF will only delay this even further.

More SF mode for me, but in reality just something to separate us, from the AH players and brought gear noobs. I'm not saying i want those last ones fixed(PvP etc) i was saying that your concern is them wasting time on us because you don't benefit from it, however look at all of the dev time invested into all those things which still don't work, where in reality having server space and tweaks for non-AH players would be relatively simple.

It's not meaningless either, i was the last of my friends to be playing... i put it down to the fact i didn't use the AH. Now i'm not saying it's the only way, just to each there own, but people are putting alot of effort in here to argue against it and i don't know why?

personally this mode like ladder would separate that fine line between normal AH mode and hardcore. I don't like HC because i aren't really self loathing enough for the punishment, but i also don't want my account cleared every few months and hate playing with paid for accounts that come in to showoff their new item and that's it. I can assure you there are many people out there like me who want to just keep away from that, but because Diablo 3 is designed for multiplayer there isn't really any public place at the moment.

Even if they brought in game filters/locks or something would be an idea... where in certain games you could only wear stuff you found?
Edited by troyshaun#6994 on 8/25/2013 10:25 PM PDT

Sure thing! Now lets just add an option whereby if when I look for a game I am only matched with people who also never trade. And lets also give me separate stashes for my characters that trade and those that don't. And increase the character limit so I can have both without having to play overseas (lag + HC = not fun).

=> Use LFG. Oh my, you actually need to put in some effort?! You decide to put restrictions on yourself. Deal with it and search for a group. You don't even want to play with other SF, you just want to play with people with similar gear range. Big news, in a SF mode, people are going to have more DPS than you. What now? You are going to refuse to play with them as well?

=> You got the GAH that gives you A LOT of extra storage. Send your unneeded items in it and cancel the transaction. You now have 1-2 empty page just for you.

=> Delete up to 1-2 SC character(s) since you are not even using them. If you don't want to do that, you can change realm. If you don't want to do that, just wait for the XPAC. You will get 2 extra slots for characters, if not more.

You are, again, asking me to do work, as opposed to asking Blizzard to do the work for me. Quite frankly, given the frosty reception that D3 got at launch, everyone should be all over anything that would bring people back.

When I buy a car and ask for an AC, if the dealer tells me that I can fake it by rolling down the window, I go to the next dealership. The same is true with games.
08/25/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Aphyrax
You are, again, asking me to do work, as opposed to asking Blizzard to do the work for me.

Wth. I'm done with you.

See here, these are pristine examples of how you can solve the problems you have, all on your own.

Excellent post, DoomBringer
08/25/2013 10:27 PMPosted by DoomBringer
You are, again, asking me to do work, as opposed to asking Blizzard to do the work for me.

Wth. I'm done with you.

Having to spam LFG to find like-minded people is much more work than hitting the "find me a game" button. Work I don't feel like doing. And I am willing to vote with my wallet.
08/25/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Aphyrax

That's what you get when you impose rules upon yourself. It's supposed to be that way.

See here, these are pristine examples of how you can solve the problems you have, all on your own.

Excellent post, DoomBringer

You are still not answering the question WHY I should have to do the work.

Also, a solution that involves deleting lvl 60 characters is laughable.
08/25/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Vresiberba

That's what you get when you impose rules upon yourself. It's supposed to be that way.

That makes zero sense. The game is "supposed" to not cater to me? Next thing you tell me, Blizzard does not like my money.
08/25/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Because it's YOUR rules.

08/25/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Well, then don't. It's optional.
08/25/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Aphyrax

That makes zero sense.

It makes perfect sense because self-found is self imposed rules.
08/25/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Because it's YOUR rules.

Well, then don't. It's optional.

Its not my rules. It is rules I want to have added to the game, so they are the game's rules. Just like HC.

Me buying the expansion is also optional.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]