Diablo® III

what would happen with our gear?

I don't have any information, but I can guarantee that gear will not be automatically upgraded. I do suspect, however, that good gear will continue to be good gear. There may be better gear, but I'm guessing that it won't be that much better than current gear if at all.

You saw the 3k DPS items, but note that those were for level 70 requirements.
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Stinkyfinger
You saw the 3k DPS items, but note that those were for level 70 requirements.

mmm, it brings to my mind... that we could upgrade our actual gear. like d2 cube back in time... going too far i guess
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 06:54 AMPosted by JoshLancergt
Your gear is going to completely worthless my friend. You are not playing Diablo anymore . You are playing World of Warcraft with a diablo interface. Get used to it, sucker.

Yes lets go to d3 and do some raids, or help me fish, i love to fish on d3.... Wait wait, bring your healer friend so i can tank and you do dps so we can do the dungeons... you know... without the divine trinity we cannot run trough those dungeons.
I can help you to find those rare "pokemons" to fight or that awesome mount you want...
Don't forget your rotation and remember to do all the dailies during this month so you can unlock more dailies at act 3...

People said world of warcraft was world of diablo at the beginning of 2004 release, did you know that?.... sucker...
Reply Quote
so why was the gear in patch 1.08 better than 1.09+ in d2?
Reply Quote
I wonder how many people made large rmah purchases within the last month that will just lose their account and chargeback the funds. I guess it depends on the amount spent vs. the value of items on the account, and the account's value to that person.

But imagine hypothetically you had cheap gear and 200 hours played. You finally decide to spend $1000 on rmah. Two weeks later this announcement and nothing you bought is worth anything and you can find upgrades for less than what you paid.

I personally came to grips with the idea that all my gear might be worthless, and so I sold off my stash items but for now am keeping my playing gear.

But imagine you're the person in the scenario above. What would you do?
Reply Quote
your gear will automaticly disappear and new gear better gear will just appear...
Edited by DEATHY#1941 on 8/27/2013 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your gear will always only be "cool" for a moment.

Lets go back to D2 for a second...

D2 comes out and people farm up great rare gear because initially the unique were horrible. Blizz patches this and makes uniques really good. All old gear must now be replaced by the new BiS. Then the xpac LoD comes out. Again new BiS gear is introduced along with runes. The gear hunt starts all over again. Later on Blizz patches in rune words. BiS changes again. Later on ladder only runewords are added. BiS gear/runewords change again and old gear is dropped in the dirt for the new stuff yet again.

Now lets get back to D3...

D3 comes out and people farm up great rare gear because initially legendary/set gear was horrible. Blizz patches this and makes legendary/set gear really good. All old gear must now be replaced by the new BiS. Then the xpac RoS comes out....

That's not true, some vanilla items are still viable. The difference is D2 and LoD did not have increased item caps and increased main stat rolls which guarantees older items are invalidated, as both were capped at 99.

D3 is intentionally created with a system of planned obsolescence by starting with a cap of level 60, giving 10 levels of room for each expansion which will increase main stat rolls so much that there is no way an older item is of any use.
Reply Quote
Obsolete items? -_- you guys are hilarious

I'm sorry, I guess they figured you wanted more content to play for.

I don't play WoW, but a buddy of mine does. He says they release new "tiers" of gear from time to time. They seem excited about these new releases, but it seems the mentality here is "oh I have good gear (AND WILL STILL BE GOOD), but now there's better gear I can work toward, and that SUCKS".

Your gear (THAT IS STILL GOOD) will be used to efficiently farm this better gear. The better your gear is right now, the faster you will farm the next level of gear.
Reply Quote
Sorry and another thing.

When Diablo 2's expansion came out, It had rune words. Runewords completely outclassed uniques (highest grade item in D2) in almost every way, except for certain helms and jewelry. I didn't see a massive uproar then....
Reply Quote
didn't you saw the demo ? he started level 30. Not even level 60. I think you will have to level up your hero in the expansion . I am not even sure if your gear will transfer to the expansion.
Reply Quote
Stop speculating guys! Blizzard never said anything about what happens to the current gear after the update. Lets hope they will find a solution because otherwise it might be a HUGE problem since this time real money is involved, and quite big sums of money too! I think if current gear is trashed after the patch\expension it's gonna cause a problem because people like me, who work to make money and simply don't have time to farm for gear all day long, bought their gear and some of it is quite expensive. So what now? Buy new gear again?!?!?! I'm not sure about Blizzard policies but quite possible that they may get sued for it and not even once.
As for me, if the worst happens, I'll just trash the game along with my gear and forget about it. I won't blame Blizzard but myself for being such a naive fool. Money can be made again but I will never go back to the game because that is a pure rip off. I played the game starting from Diablo 1 and I loved it. And I do like the game (D3) now too, the way it is, and don't really understand what people complain about saying that the game is not good. I guess the reason is that most complainers are kids who don't have means to buy the gear and they want it for free.
Well, lets see what happens. If the current gear keeps then ill keep plaing, if not... then it's probably a time for me to sell my account and say goodbye to Blizzard.

PS Guys, please don't be stupid by saying that its a good time to sell your gear now. Who is gonna buy it? The AH is already dead and it's gonna become even worse with time.

PPS Blizzard, please reveal the details, tell people how this is gonna work. It's just unfair to keep your avid fans blind on this.

oh shut up... what you just wrote is irrelevant. you wasting your time fool.
Reply Quote
Simple Answer.

There will be lvl (73) gear you can choose to keep the level (63) gear if youd like.
Reply Quote
Starting fresh is what actually fun of Diablo games, i mean whats the point of been in the Titan seats when you got no challenge...
Reply Quote
all ur old items become Legacy items and then new items come along....
Reply Quote
All champions and their gear will transfer to expansion. How do you think they're adding up all paragon levels (by experience value)? they aren't getting rid of everyone's gear
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Dragn
are you all 12 year olds and never actually PLAYED an expansion before?

Very condescending you thanks for that compassionate answer to a legitimate question.

Actually , I am not 12 years old. I am old enough to have grandchildren. I have been gaming online since 1999. Most games I have played where first person shooters. A few racing games mixed in there. Yes and some of them had expansions. None of them however where like this. No roll playing games. No mmo's or the like. And definitely no games with auction houses that you could buy gear to make yourself more powerful

Sure, most of these games had some kind of ladder where your abilities got better as you ranked up. This however is a different type of animal. Not everyone, including myself realized that everything you gained in this game(if you can call getting more powerful in game pixels a gain) would eventually become worthless.

The truth is we really do not know what is going to happen as far as our gear goes. They have not told us. So until I hear from blizzard that my gear is going to be turned to poop, I will continue to just be happy that an expansion pack is on the way.
Reply Quote
someone doesn't understand what an expansion is...nothing in this world is free. Especially with the AH gold inflation; it's like China.
Reply Quote
I wonder how many people made large rmah purchases within the last month that will just lose their account and chargeback the funds. I guess it depends on the amount spent vs. the value of items on the account, and the account's value to that person.

But imagine hypothetically you had cheap gear and 200 hours played. You finally decide to spend $1000 on rmah. Two weeks later this announcement and nothing you bought is worth anything and you can find upgrades for less than what you paid.

I personally came to grips with the idea that all my gear might be worthless, and so I sold off my stash items but for now am keeping my playing gear.

But imagine you're the person in the scenario above. What would you do?

People knew the expansion will be out around 2014 . Too bad for them I would be upset too to drop 1,000$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]