Diablo® III

Hit 400k dps (buffed) Self-found

as perspective, i have previously done an estimation on how my very slow wizard farms and gold + vendored yellows came out to 600k per hour. (my gold pick up on profile is 360m thereabouts)

assuming that I never got any big ticket items to sell at all. in 2000hrs I would have 1.2b in gold pickup and yellow sales alone.

for him to get 2mil kills, he should be way past 2000 hrs and in the 3000 hr region. gold pickup alone would be 1.8b, so if he's not rocking full set of marquise, he's probably self found.

lets say you pick up 3 emeralds per hour. (entirely doable, especially if you have a puzzle ring on self and follower) that's 3000 x 3 = 9000 emeralds. = 12 radiant stars

or lets say even more conservatively 2 per hour = 8 radiant stars

or even 1.7 emeralds an hour = 7 radiant stars.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 8/27/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
GJ OP. My demon hunter is also self-found. I think we should start our own club. The Elite SF club!

Club? At least you got a acronym for it already: S.C.R.U.B.

For self found - Pretty awesome but looking at the big picture - scrub....
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 09:03 PMPosted by bladezero25
And it feels good :-)

No way to proof that it is self-found. So...

[ ] care
[x] don't care
Reply Quote
Yea the Manticore is crazy though if you self found one of those it's pretty damn lucky.

I have soon one dropped but for a two socket one to drop with dex is like 1:10000000000 that's what makes the demon hunter build though, and explains how bad the itemization in the game was/is.

08/26/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Zbik
you are most definitly not self found

if you were talking to me i ain't got no reason to lie, my character isn't even that great haha, besides my wizards weapon actually all my weapons are trash... no funds to craft nothing good dropped for barb such is life though, i ain't even mad.

always curious if someone is going to tell me i have something that's hard to fin though.
Edited by troyshaun#6994 on 8/26/2013 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well done :)
Reply Quote
I personally have a hard time believing it. 100k elite kills isn't really that impressive, Alkaizer had to do that to get to Paragon 100 and all he found was garbage.

A mere 100,000 elite kill player couldn't even break 100k dps if by legit self-found, I'm having trouble believing he managed to hit 400k dps even if he has only 30k hp lol.

The drop rates in this game were never designed to support self-found, even if you played 12 hours a day since release you only can hit maybe 300k elite kills before an expansion comes out. The drop rate is designed so you need millions of elite kills to reach end game, in other words, Blizzard will keep churning out expansions so self-found is not option to reach the end-game, you might get 1 or 2 end game items out of 13 slots before Blizzard resets all your gear through the next expansion, that's how the Diablo 3 system is envisioned.

If he's not self found why is he using a Andy with no socket? He got luck on a few items still hasnt found that Mempo with CC.
Reply Quote
I call BS.

Almost all of the gear is perfectly rolled. DML, Innas pants, ring etc

doubtful all was self found.

Why doubtful? Look how many elite kills he has tied together with random loot that doesnt match up to the quality of some of the other loot like rare ring and helmet. Also that DML is far from perfect.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
Almost all of the gear is perfectly rolled. DML, Innas pants, ring etc

Not to mention that Visage worth a whooping... 1mil.
Reply Quote
I have 2000+ hours in game, and I pick up every gem, I can pretty much confirm that those amounts of radiant star emeralds are doable.

I definitely saved and crafted equivalent or more radiant stars from the stuff I pick up. (around 9+)

I may have 1,000 hours in the game only and I pick up every gem and Tome of Secrets and I can tell you pretty much they are definitely insufficient to craft that many Radiant Star gems.
Reply Quote
IMO...what will happen in regard to SF is that they will NOT implement a separate mode. That seems a drain on the servers and manpower to dev it.

The best solution is to have an icon on the item (a star~whatever) to indicate this item was found by the account holding it. Once it's traded, the icon disappears.

That way, people don't accuse others of AH'ing the items they wish to brag about, and people can rightfully retain pride in ownership of SF gears without the accusations.
Reply Quote
I have 2000+ hours in game, and I pick up every gem, I can pretty much confirm that those amounts of radiant star emeralds are doable.

I definitely saved and crafted equivalent or more radiant stars from the stuff I pick up. (around 9+)

I may have 1,000 hours in the game only and I pick up every gem and Tome of Secrets and I can tell you pretty much they are definitely insufficient to craft that many Radiant Star gems.

Honeslty how would you know you bought everything on the AH you have no idea how many you picked up. On my HC Barb I did self found up to paragon 17 and I had enough gems to craft 2 levels under radiant no doubt with 70k plus kills you would easily pick up the materials needed.
Reply Quote
Don't believe it for a second. Paragon level 64 and I've never found 1 item close to any of the items on his character. Rng is rng but bull sit is bull sit.
Reply Quote
I think this deserves to be in this post as well.

Lets put self found in "REAL" context since thats what self found is all about.

1) You self-found the money that you used to buy your computer.
2) You self-found the money that you used to buy D3.
3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
4) You self found the money to pay rent every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
6) You self-found your gaming video card, gaming mouse and/or keyboard.
7) You self-found your money to pay for electricity.
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

Proove to everyone here with a video showing your AH tab in both the Gold AH and Real Money AH. If you cant provide a video your a FRAUD! We dont want to see no photoshopped photos, we want to see you take a video at your main character screen, then switch to the AH and show both tabs!

If you have 1 transaction you failed at Self-Found along with Life.

DUDE, chill out man, all that extra typing to make a simple point or to argue.. lol
Reply Quote
The gold cost to make the gems alone is over 100m, meaning he would have had to sell items to get that much, meaning that he isn't self found. Also, find it hard to believe he picked up 5,000 emeralds and made them into RS. Also you just happened to find BiS gear for every slot, and they all rolled perfectly for your class.

Yawn.
Reply Quote

I posted a link to a FAQ. You are correct. I do use the AH to buy gems and crafting materials making use of the gold that I pick up from farming.
Reply Quote
We need a proper, Blizzard supported SF mode to help settle these disputes.

It's the only way.
Reply Quote

Edit:
I see a lot of questions. I provided a FAQ about what self-found means for me here:

I am not saying its "bad", but I cant see how much resitsances you have, you also dont have a lot of life for a Demon Hunter.

You also have something like 100 000 elite kills. So all we need are insane amounts of elite kills, in other words selling our souls to the game? Not to mention as far as I know its a bit easier to reach high paper DPS with a demon hunter compared to others, yet even with 400 000 DPS the DH kills not really faster then a 150 000 DPS monk ... isnt that somewhat sad if you think about it?

08/26/2013 03:08 AMPosted by Wired
Of course it's not real. It's to troll or discredit self found mode supporters.

Sadly with over 2k hours farming myself, I struggle to believe this guy's gear is genuinely what most mean by 'self-found'.

Perhaps he means self FUNDED - ie no rmah, just selling what he found at ah and no flipping etc - if so that's far more likely IMO.

Those gems alone are...

thats actually a very realistic situation with 50-70k elite kills. YOu can expect to get around 300 000 DPS with a Barb if you have 70k elite kills and I guess its 400 000 for a DH and Wizard. But those classes will be still rather on the "glass" canon side. The sad thing is the really awesome items are out of reach for a normal player, and I dont think a lot of people are ready to throw the time in this game to get 100 000 or even 150 000 elite kills. I know I am not. I have a life next to gaming ...

I mean even if his character is self found or only self earned (no flipping, no RMAH) why should I care? Its not holding any water in my opinion. I mean seriously now. With 100 000 elite kills you should actually have a character thats close to PERFECT as far as the game goes. But he is not even close to it. Very low life, low defences, and on top of it the DH is the worst class as far as DPS goes, it shows big numbers ... but everyone who saw monks with 150-200k DPS killing everything in mere seconds knows what it all means ... most of the skills the DH has do what? 150% weapon damage? Compare that to a Bell monk ...and thats not even the only damage multiplyer they have. I think people refer to it as eDPS or something like that no clue.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 8/26/2013 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Edit:
I see a lot of questions. I provided a FAQ about what self-found means for me here:

I am not saying its "bad", but I cant see how much resitsances you have, you also dont have a lot of life for a Demon Hunter.

You also have something like 100 000 elite kills. So all we need are insane amounts of elite kills, in other words selling our souls to the game? Not to mention as far as I know its a bit easier to reach high paper DPS with a demon hunter compared to others, yet even with 400 000 DPS the DH kills not really faster then a 150 000 DPS monk ... isnt that somewhat sad if you think about it?

Not all of my builds use this gearset. If I do higher MP, of course I bring better e-hp. I play all 5 classes self-found. Yes, it is true that DH is pretty weak, but it's the most fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]