Diablo® III

Hit 400k dps (buffed) Self-found

Nice Job, But how did you do this without an SF mode?

The other problem with an SF mode is getting everyone to agree on the definition of SF mode.
Reply Quote

Not all of my builds use this gearset. If I do higher MP, of course I bring better e-hp. I play all 5 classes self-found. Yes, it is true that DH is pretty weak, but it's the most fun.

yes, and then you will have lower DPS ... so I am not sure what youre trying to prove here. You have 70k elite kills with your DH so you know better then I do that 300 000 DPS means nothing here.

hell if I want to just play MP0 then I could get my barb to what? 450k DPS?

Look. I dont attack you. You found a few nice items and all that. You have my respect. Thats a cool thing. But I am not ready to throw the time to get 100 000 elite kills or even more in to this game just to reach half of the stuff people do with flipping and paying money. Thats the point. No one would argue that you CAN find SOMETHING in the game ... if you play long enough. But maybe with 1milion elite kills you will get close to the flippers ... and thats WITH the use of the auction house by selling there what you find in the game.

For most of us, the drop system is simply a pure frustration. Tell me, which game do you know where you can find THOUSANDS of Legendary items ... without EVER geting one thats even close to beeing usefull?
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 8/26/2013 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've gone through OP's older posts and i think hes legit, his gear is pretty good, and this goes to show Self found players will do just fine in RoS as drops are going to be actually good and 6x more Legendaries, Mystic and 'Smart drops'... so no need to complain about the AH/RMAH, just wait and see in RoS and enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
I remember the last post and the videos that you made. Congrats!

If there was a separate SF Mode then none of these people could ever doubt you; one of the curses of being Self-found. Except for buying some mats and gems, you have shown people that you don't have to buy your items and that playing SF is a totally viable way to play.

The proud, the few, the Self-found!
Reply Quote

If there was a separate SF Mode then none of these people could ever doubt you; one of the curses of being Self-found. Except for buying some mats and gems, you have shown people that you don't have to buy your items and that playing SF is a totally viable way to play.

damn you are just not the brightest in a group.
even with sf mode, as long as trading is allow. i will still doubt you sf all those gems.
i play about 300 hours in HC. i found average about 150 gems of each. you said 3000+ hours take that number x 150 you still at 1500. let's say you are getting better drop then i do x 2. you still at 3000. you are wearing over 5000 gems.
Reply Quote
damn you are just not the brightest in a group. even with sf mode, as long as trading is allow. i will still doubt you sf all those gems.i play about 300 hours in HC. i found average about 150 gems of each. you said 3000+ hours take that number x 150 you still at 1500. let's say you are getting better drop then i do x 2. you still at 3000. you are wearing over 5000 gems.

Read the OP with the link. His idea of SF still allows him to buy gems. He bought all the gems.
Reply Quote
I believe it. The only items that are unusually well rolled are the nat's reflection and arguably the manticore. Besides that, excellent crafts. Pretty impressive stuff.
Reply Quote

The people with time in the game are not really doubting it. It seems those that have NOT put in the time are questioning it. I think its legit.

My questions would be how it was for OP for the first three months after release. This was the time many people I knew gave up the normal Diablo progression (SF) for the AH just to survive the Inferno content.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:00 AMPosted by SirRight
If there was a separate SF Mode then none of these people could ever doubt you; one of the curses of being Self-found.

If there was a separate SF Mode he wouldn't be able to play in it because he buys gems off the auction house.

Ace post.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 8/26/2013 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My questions would be how it was for OP for the first three months after release. This was the time many people I knew gave up the normal Diablo progression (SF) for the AH just to survive the Inferno content.

Again...read OP with the link. Didn't start SF until 1.0.3
Reply Quote
I believe it's more then possible for the OP to have found his stuff. In the game I have found over 20 nats chest, 14 nat's boots, 5 nat's helms, over 16 Inna's chest, 23 Inna"s pants, 16 Inna's belts. 5 Mempo's, 8 Windforce, 4 Monti's, and so on. I have over 800 brimstones left. gave away to players over 250 brimstones, and have never bought any.

The trick to getting more leg's is to kill fast. The faster you kill the more leg's you get. That's a fact.

So OP good job !
Reply Quote
OP's achievement is doable (very lucky, but doable). This one, on the other hand...not so much.

GJ OP. My demon hunter is also self-found. I think we should start our own club. The Elite SF club!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skillol-2574/hero/419740
Edited by UMF#1423 on 8/26/2013 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I posted a link to a FAQ. You are correct. I do use the AH to buy gems and crafting materials making use of the gold that I pick up from farming.

Which is what I said originally. 'Self-found' is a subjective term.

I am inclined to believe the OP, based on what he says about using 'self-found' gold to use ah - but no flipping. With his hours and kills - it is credible, though quite lucky certainly.

Good Job OP.
Reply Quote

damn you are just not the brightest in a group.
even with sf mode, as long as trading is allow. i will still doubt you sf all those gems.
i play about 300 hours in HC. i found average about 150 gems of each. you said 3000+ hours take that number x 150 you still at 1500. let's say you are getting better drop then i do x 2. you still at 3000. you are wearing over 5000 gems.

Responding without having to resort to insults. If you read ANY of my SF posts, in all of them I have always said that trading cannot be allowed due to people who would abuse it and the bots that would farm for those people. I have also stated that you shouldn't be able to drop items either so that you don't just drop BIS items for other players.

Please do your homework before attacking someone.
Reply Quote
Listening to SirRight's ideas, OP wouldn't even be able to play with anyone since his DPS would be too high.
Reply Quote
Wow some people actually want everything to become BoA? way to destroy a part of what Diablo is mostly about and creating a business for Account sellers, because that's totally not happening already in other games... gold farmers in a certain country would love this.
Reply Quote
as perspective, i have previously done an estimation on how my very slow wizard farms and gold + vendored yellows came out to 600k per hour. (my gold pick up on profile is 360m thereabouts)

assuming that I never got any big ticket items to sell at all. in 2000hrs I would have 1.2b in gold pickup and yellow sales alone.

for him to get 2mil kills, he should be way past 2000 hrs and in the 3000 hr region. gold pickup alone would be 1.8b, so if he's not rocking full set of marquise, he's probably self found.

like i said, what's with that ring..

Just for reference, here are my numbers:

barb: 203 hours
DH: 1081 hours
Monk: 403 hours
WD: 6 hours
Wiz: 127 hours

Gold collected 312m
Elite Kills: 109k
Lifetime kills: 2.3m

Favorite classes: DH and Wizard
Reply Quote
Only for the gems you have in the gear you would need to play more hours then you have played on the DH. (gold + materials).

It is quite obvious that you are not completely selffound.

Or perhaps you consider selffound when you find gear with other of your chars and give it to the selffound char?

Because that also is not selffound.
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 8/26/2013 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 10:56 PMPosted by troyshaun
it seems crazy unlikely to me that someone played that much without help or bots

I actually have more kills than him....... and no i dont bot. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]