Diablo® III

Could Tyrael be the "hidden final boss"

Honestly the more I come to the lore forums the more I realize that people don't understand, even if you think it would be a cool twist, or there are some weird things people say. Blizzard wouldn't do it.

It's still a game they want to make profit off of, and they will go with the majority of likes. They want to make food for thought and a good story, however they don't want to have endings like this. This will come across as stupid, they built the character tyrael to far for him to be a secret antagonist. He has a whole, master chief, kind of gusto, where he is just appealingly cool to most people. They built his character that way, and it would simply not work out to make him the bad guy. Too many loose-ends and too much bad response.
Reply Quote
This wouldn't make any sense if he was a bad guy. There were so many things Tyreal would have had no way of knowing

1. If he would be able to survive the fall from heaven
2. If he would retain any angelic powers
3. If he wouldn't land in a sea, volcano, giant chasm, mountains, or any similarly unsurvivable place
4. If he wouldn't be killed by demons after he arrive
5. If he would find Leah or the nephalem
6. If the lords of hell would attack sanctuary
7. If he could find any lords of hell
8. If he could obtain the black soulstone
9. If he could get all the lords of hell in it or if all of them would appear in sanctuary
10. If he could defeat the lords of hell since he didn't know for sure if he'd get he'll
11. If Diablo could be resurrected
12. If Diablo would attack heaven
13. If Diablo would be powerful enough to almost destroy heaven
14. If the nephalem could defeat Diablo
15. If he would be let back on the council since he is a human and hated by Imperius
16. If he would rule the high heaven

So unless Tyreal really never thought things threw, then he is not a villa
Reply Quote
Tyrael himself said the longer someone fights easier the more they may become corrupted by it. How long has Tyrael been fighting evil? How long has he had to deal with the whims of a mortal body?
Reply Quote
99.99% sure the final boss is malthael :3
Reply Quote
yes Tyrael being the mastermind behind everything would def make very little sense.
Reply Quote
well, adria helped us trap demons into soulstone lol
Reply Quote
i dont think he is bad, at least for now.
i just know 1 think, until Blizzard says it is "safe" to bathe with Diablo's blood, Hope, Justice and Wisdom are possible enemies. Wisdom had gone mad and we put him donw, i'm waiting the next.
Reply Quote
I think it's just as simple as Tyrael becoming the new Deckard Cain in the story. Case in point, Diablo III: The Order, all about Cain ---> Diablo III: Storm of Light, all about Tyrael. Book of Cain ---> Book of Tyrael. Cain got replaced by Tyrael, at least for now.
Reply Quote
i agreed with you deak2112, as you sad "for now".
i have re-read "Diablo 3:book of cain" and something came to me:

Valor shall turn to Wrath
i guess somes angel will be corrupted (for what is left from diablo after it corruption inside crystal arc) and we will put then donw or pit off his/her wings to save then from corruption or something about crystal arc...
Edited by Sasfild#1969 on 7/26/2014 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, I can tell you this much: To have us fighting Tyrael, at the side of Imperius, would be the biggest plot twist of all time.

WHAT IF Diablo takes Tyrael as his new host? Or Mephisto, or Baal? It could happen, you know.
Reply Quote
08/16/2014 09:52 AMPosted by WhiteZombie
Well, I can tell you this much: To have us fighting Tyrael, at the side of Imperius, would be the biggest plot twist of all time.

WHAT IF Diablo takes Tyrael as his new host? Or Mephisto, or Baal? It could happen, you know.

Mephisto and baal are already inside of diablo.
Reply Quote
the op should rewatch the trailer/intro for reaper of souls, Tyreal clearly says you should all.... but then everyone notices fog so does tyreal and he knows something is wrong so he says you should all....run, then Malthaiel shows up

and it would be stupid if Tyrael was the end boss he he was going to say you should all leave or you should all go home etc but he didn't he immediately knew something was wrong so he said you should all....run
Reply Quote
08/16/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Reslin

We don't know if that changed. We actually don't know what's the state of the Evils as of now.
Reply Quote
09/12/2014 08:36 AMPosted by WhiteZombie
08/16/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Reslin

We don't know if that changed. We actually don't know what's the state of the Evils as of now.

Yes we do. The end quote from ROS makes it clear. I argued this position the moment I heard Tyrael's words. Then the writers confirmed it in an interview.

They were directly asked if Diablo escaped as Diablo or as the combination of all 7 evils. They outright stated he escaped as THE prime evil. The writer himself then interjected and said "Yes it was Diablo as the combination of the seven evils." There is no mephisto or baal.
Edited by Reslin#1758 on 9/12/2014 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it would be a real shame if they are still fused. separated they have a lot more personality, Diablo is Terror, Mephisto is Hatred, Baal is Destruction, and so on. together they are... what? just evil?
Reply Quote
10/28/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Mith
it would be a real shame if they are still fused. separated they have a lot more personality, Diablo is Terror, Mephisto is Hatred, Baal is Destruction, and so on. together they are... what? just evil?

Yes. Diablo is the prime evil. He's all of them. Diablo is Hatred, Destruction, Terror, Anguish, Lies, Sin, and Pain.
Reply Quote
I think ANY of " our " so-called heros could become an npc uber boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not using our names of course but......................
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]