Diablo® III

Nats chest vs. innas chest

I'm thinking about lvling a DH.. I see some of you are wearing nats chest and some wear innas... I'm newbie in DH. edjumacate me plz.
Reply Quote
inna's chest for noobs...
Reply Quote
View profile
08/25/2013 10:48 PMPosted by SwSw
inna's chest for noobs...

but seriously

if someone comes in and tell me that inna > nata I'm not going to argue.
Reply Quote
Both have merits for different situations. Generally speaking, Innas is more widely used because:
-It's cheaper (for comparable stats)
-5th property is better (melee reduction over generally useless skill bonus).

There are MANY factors that can tilt it one way or another though. Some of them being:
-Do you need more discipline? Some people just feel more comfortable with large amounts of disc. Sometimes, builds require it (for ex low MP strafer). Then you're looking at Nats chest. The tradeoff for +max disc is about 200 stat points (vit/dex)
-Your other gear, more specifically, your set bonuses. If you don't have Nat's 2 set bonus yet, Nats wins hands down. Or if your builds takes advantage of Innas Favor elemental bonus and you already have 2 set Innas, then Nats chest generally wins because you also get extra 130 dex from 3 set nats.
-You're a spike trap user. Then Nat's chest w spike bonus is way better than Innas.

If you're a newbie to DH and don't know where you're going to go, just stick to the general Innas Chest/Pants and Nats ring/boots combo. It's the most "well rounded" gearset out there.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you're a newbie to DH and don't know where you're going to go, just stick to the general Innas Chest/Pants and Nats ring/boots combo. It's the most "well rounded" gearset out there.

A good nata ring is expensive... boots a bit cheaper...

cloak+helm and belt+pants will add a lot more cc cheap. If you are worried about price.
Reply Quote
thanks for the explanation... very well rounded replies. another noob questions.. I have a spare innas chest with ar... don't recall the exact stats but I don't see many DH with fat ar stats?
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 11:18 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

A good nata ring is expensive... boots a bit cheaper...

cloak+helm and belt+pants will add a lot more cc cheap. If you are worried about price.
Nats helm and Innas belt are bad for EHP. Good (180/80) boots can be had for 20m. A decent cc+avg or cd+avg Nats ring can be had for ~15-20m as well. They're also easy upgrade slots - lots of room to improve. Both Innas belt and Nats helm top out early and cheap. Then once you realize you need to change them in order to upgrade, you're looking at re-working the set bonuses again.

08/25/2013 11:19 PMPosted by t0ma
thanks for the explanation... very well rounded replies. another noob questions.. I have a spare innas chest with ar... don't recall the exact stats but I don't see many DH with fat ar stats?
Again, I don't want to pigeonhole you into a cookie cutter build, but here are "general" guidelines:
<200 - glass cannon
~300-400 - average
>450 - tanky
>600 - unnecessary, unless no nightstalker / gloom (or lazy :D)

Common AR slots:
Crafted shoulders (70)
Crafted Bracers (70)
Nats Boots (or rarely Climbers) (70)
Helm (mempo) (70)
At least one of pants/chest/belt - 70
Reply Quote
View profile
08/25/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Ragnar
Nats helm and Innas belt are bad for EHP.

Nat's helm is not bad for EHP. How can you say that when it gets an armor roll, +2 properties, and can be the #4 solace spot?

Again, I don't want to pigeonhole you into a cookie cutter build, but here are "general" guidelines:
<200 - glass cannon
~300-400 - average
>450 - tanky
>600 - unnecessary, unless no nightstalker / gloom (or lazy :D)

Why are you giving out misinformation?

These aren't even guidelines.

Those res numbers don't determine that, especially when someone could've offset that with more armor as means of mitigation and health pool.

You talk about EHP, you point to the total EHP number.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 8/26/2013 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Inna chest for the dps and an easy 130 extra Dex via pants, arguably the best dps pants for the DH.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 8/26/2013 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
This is for OP, not to be misinformed.

3000 armor = 50% reduction
300 all res = 50% reduction
together this is about 74% reduction to all damage
This is enough to play inferno given that you have over 30k life.
(114,354 ehp)
If you felt "weak" use Gloom when you need it
(114,354) -> (175,929)

I recommend
4000/350 (or 3500/400) and 45k life which is 215,635 ehp
and it is very easy to gear. lvl63 armor will add up to 3000 armor without problem.
5pc with armor = 1000+ armor
5pc with all resist = 350+ all resist

these comes with high armor bonus (higher than what you can get from rares)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-sight
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-bloody-footprints
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-favor
maximum total = +927 armor

Nata's boots comes with all resist so that saves you another slot for AR. imo the best place for ehp is Nata's helm. You can roll AR on the helm put a purple gem in it to gain +% life and have cc as a dps modifier, and with the boots more dps modifier from set bonus. Get the cloak with +10 discipline and skill bonus for more dps modifier (3pc will also add more dex). The Ring for the set is the last thing you want to put on. A lot of rare ring can easily out dps a nata ring and is cheap. So unless you are looking for the +20 discipline to gain more tactic advantage I do not recommend getting it.

on the inna piece most player want more dex+vit and dex > vit because it only have +1 roll. You can always craft a nice bracer with AR and buy a Vile Ward with AR + Armor to get you to around 200k ehp without a sweat. Player use the pants for the unique bonus, the belt for the +% Holy damage. If you want more dps you can go for a WH with over 130 dex and 48-50 cd.

Vit and +% life are the best modifier for ehp once you hit my suggested benchmark.
4000/600 + 45k Life = 296,701
3500/400 + 65k Life = 311,473

You can gain 45k life by 1100 vit and 18% Life = 45756
(+18% comes from RS Gem in Helm)

If you think the helm is not beneficial you can always grab a mempo, but the mempo without more than 3.5 cc is trash...
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/26/2013 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 03:52 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
If you think the helm is not beneficial you can always grab a mempo, but the mempo without more than 3.5 cc is trash...

and it looks ugly as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/26/2013 05:51 AMPosted by SwSw

and it looks ugly as well.

Vanashing dye ftw
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 06:14 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Vanashing dye ftw

yeah but i wanna keep my helm on if i possible.
Reply Quote
View profile
I only have vanishing dye for my pants
Reply Quote
i got mempo and nats ring for DH. how much attack speed is consider good?
Reply Quote
anyways.. very excited to try DH... might need some coaching. any of you from asia region? i usually play 6-10pm japan standar time for an hour or so...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]