Diablo® III

Made the switch (SS)

I made the switch between Skorn and 1H and Source and I have to say the extra 50k dps is good but is the loss of 2.3% LS worth it? I think Skorn gives the extra survivability I need on mp9-10. By then way, making this switch Diabro3.com jumped from mp6 reccomendation to mp9. :P
Reply Quote
I too was stuck on the skorn as the one I have is amazing. But have since switched and I really like the attack speed boost. Cant perma freeze stuff with that slow axe. Not to mention missing out on the tri dmg boost from tiumverate
Reply Quote
You might need to get a weapon with a little bit more lifesteal to break even. Right now you and I look about similar in terms of DPS and mit. I have a 2.9ls sword, and with Blood Magic I can stand in a stack of plague while fighting RD mobs. Also, you look a little low in the health department :)
Reply Quote
Yeah I didn't notice the low lifesteal when I bought it, it was at 1d 12h with a low BO so I took it (plus it looked cool :P). I looked through your profile and saw you only had 10 APOC. That enough for you on whatever mp you play on? Does 0.6% lifesteal make that much of a difference?
Edited by darcfeonix#1994 on 8/28/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
on higher dps ranges yes 0.6% will make a big difference - if you can find another 40k dps somewhere you will be smooth sailling ;)
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 02:12 PMPosted by darcfeonix
I looked through your profile and saw you only had 10 APOC. That enough for you on whatever mp you play on? Does 0.6% lifesteal make that much of a difference?

Yeah 10 apoc is enough with Power Hungry for everything but ubers and yellows by themselves. .6% ls makes a nice difference :)
Reply Quote
Alright anyone want to sell me a sword similar to mine except more than 2.7 LS for 50 or so million?
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 05:32 AMPosted by darcfeonix
Alright anyone want to sell me a sword similar to mine except more than 2.7 LS for 50 or so million?

I don't have a spare sword to sell, but I can give you the rest of my gold, as I don't play anymore. I dunno how much I left since I haven't logged in for awhile, but you might be able to get a shiny new sword.
Reply Quote
OP, 0.6 more life steal on your 2.3 sword would mean 20% more life coming in, while 0.7% more life steal would mean 30% better performance. So yeah, just huge.

08/28/2013 11:00 AMPosted by darcfeonix
I made the switch between Skorn and 1H and Source and I have to say the extra 50k dps is good but is the loss of 2.3% LS worth it? I think Skorn gives the extra survivability I need on mp9-10.

To be honest, for most SS/EB builds, I think swapping from 2H to 1H isn't worthwhile in the low 200k DPS range. The damage from a Skorn SS build is competitive with 1H/OH well into the 200k range, and gives amazing life steal on top of that. I think it isn't until well into the 300k range before 1H starts pulling ahead of 2H. At that point, the increased 1H/OH sheet DPS will start making up for the 3% life steal cap. Ultra geared 500k+ guys like Malakai are running fine with just 1.5% from Blood Magic, just like ultra high end Archon players do, like Jaetch. Malakai swaps into a life steal wand against Reflect packs, though, since he's a mere AP guzzling mortal, unlike Jaetch.

Anyway, for more normal ~200k players like us, I've found that Blood Magic plus ~3% life steal is already very good sustain along with a decent defense. As for offense, I personally think the DPS multiplier from 1H SS builds is a bit low, and as such isn't worth choosing over 2H with Reactive Armor. My own wizard is kind of an exception since I squeeze an extra 1 to 2x multiplier out of adding Arcane Mines into my SS channel. edit: frankly, if I didn't use AM in this way, I'd probably have switched to a Skorn.
Edited by MILESIAN#1982 on 8/29/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Bukizzle that would be great. found an okay replacement in the mean time.

@MILESIAN I think i still feel more comfortable with 1H and Source as AP is no longer an issue and I feel like I'm killing things quicker on MP10. I switched to Pinpoint so I get that extra armor to make up for that loss of LS and 50k dps upgrade makes up for some of it. With a Skorn I constantly run out of AP. Even with all that LS, sometimes I'm not putting out any damage and I die anyway.
Reply Quote
@darcfeonix - I'm not sure when I'll be on next, but add me anyway and I'll hook you up whenever I have the time (or motivation) to log in :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]