Diablo® III

How'd I do with 200m? Oh, and, Barbs are OP

I've been reading stickies like crazy trying to understand how to build/play a barb and settled on my build/gear here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Severinze-1401/hero/33978718

And my d3up link:

http://d3up.com/b/1023532/boaz-ias-ms

I budgeted 200m and I think I did pretty good. I've got almost 400m in the bank for upgrades, but I didn't wanna go all out til I understood the class/build.

I'm getting the hang of it, and all i can say is, Barbs are OP. DPS is huge, as I'm clearing mp10 about as fast as I can do mp8/9 with my SNS wiz or my Nirvana monk. Permawrath is so ridiculous it's almost stupid. Almost. Why I wasted time playing other classes is beyond me. I wanna Plvl as many barbs as I can before RoS, cuz Barbs = ezmode.

So, how'd I do?

*edited to add d3up profile
Edited by Severinze#1401 on 9/2/2013 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
0 MS on gear?

Give this guy a medal.
Reply Quote
0 MS on gear?

Give this guy a medal.

Efffffff..... I swapped out my Lacuni's last night cuz I crafted some decent bracers and failed to realize I lost my MS.

Guess I gotta buy some Inna's now. Thanks for pointing out that huge fail.

And I'll take that medal lol.
Reply Quote
Ok, I fixed it.

Not sure what to do about my 61% IAS. Guess I gotta do more reading now to figure out how to work with a different breakpoint.
Reply Quote
Well aren't you special?

*licks gold star*
*sticks onto your forehead*
Reply Quote
200M? That Skorn is worth more than that.

If that's all you spent you did a remarkable job.
Reply Quote
200M? That Skorn is worth more than that.

If that's all you spent you did a remarkable job.

Yea, pretty impressive.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I only spent 70m on the Skorn. Must've been a 1d11h steal or something. I honestly had no idea.
Reply Quote
You only have like 6% Lifesteal. How do you not die to everything? I guess it doesn't matter since it's yoloswag core.
Edited by Omniwang#1576 on 9/2/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Omniwang
You only have like 6% Lifesteal. How do you not die to everything? I guess it doesn't matter since it's yoloswag core.

Um...6% Lifesteal is more than enough to tank through pretty much anything, assuming decent EHP and DPS. This is especially true for the OP, since he's using Rend, which provides a constant source of Lifesteal recovery. Are you seriously trying to talk down to Softcore players when you don't have a single living Level 60 Hardcore character?

Anyway, OP, you did a fantastic job gearing your Barb. Personally, I prefer Rare Pants or Depth Diggers over Innas; of course, this means you either have stick with 12% MS or buy expensive MS Ice Climbers. That's just my opinion, however, and I know a lot of Barbs who have had great success with Innas. Do what feels right to you.

If I were you, I would get a ring with crit chance and a little bit of IAS to bring you to 1.58 APS. This will get you to the next breakpoint for Whirlwind and Sprint, assuming WotB is active. Alternatively, you could stay at the next lowest breakpoint (1.42 IAS), ditch the IAS on your amulet, and focus on buying or crafting a monster Strength / Vitality / CC / CD one.

Hope this helps!
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 9/2/2013 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You are just frustrated that all your chars are DEAD, because you are BAD! Go cry to your momma, baby boy!
Reply Quote
@WordMaster

Thanks so much for the advice! I do have a decent Str/Vit trifecta ring I could use for 1.58, but was planning on ditching this amulet after crafting a decent one for the 1.43 breakpoint.. So far, no luck. (Haedrig is such a troll)

Switching to the IAS ring would drop my sheet dps 9k. Is that worth hitting the next breakpoint while I wait for a solid amulet craft?
Reply Quote
@WordMaster

Thanks so much for the advice! I do have a decent Str/Vit trifecta ring I could use for 1.58, but was planning on ditching this amulet after crafting a decent one for the 1.43 breakpoint.. So far, no luck. (Haedrig is such a troll)

Switching to the IAS ring would drop my sheet dps 9k. Is that worth hitting the next breakpoint while I wait for a solid amulet craft?

I really can't say for sure, since I've never run at the 1.58 breakpoint. Even back when I did use a Skorn, I was a 1.43 man, so I have no idea how Fury generation or WotB upkeep is at that next level.

Since you already have the trifecta ring, my advice to you would be to try it out for a few runs and see what you think. Sheet DPS isn't everything, and that little bit of IAS might make the difference between keeping or losing your WotB buff.

And are you really surprised that Haedrig isn't giving you what you want? You killed his wife and desecrated his family's ancestral tomb. He has every reason to hate your guts :p
Reply Quote
You'll be pretty beast with more paragon levels.
Good job with gearing.
Reply Quote
Looks pretty good, I would suggest getting your armor up to ~6k though.
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Omniwang

all you need is 5
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 05:21 PMPosted by MASKOAA

all you need is 5

You can do with 3% or less if you use Rend-bloodlust.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess I got some great pieces at some crazy good prices, but I gotta give credit to everyone that contributed to the sticky, especially Eclipse. Having had no clue about how to play a barb, I felt well-educated and made some great purchases.

I'll definitely work on getting more armor, like azaron mentioned, and hopefully I'll keep enjoying this class more and more as I get a few upgrades and higher Plvls.
Reply Quote
I don't think I believe you.

Your right ring alone runs 140m-150m on the AH.
Mempo is around 85m-100m
Amulet is 200-400m
IC are 30m+
Skorn is 150m+
Gems are 82m

The rest of the pieces aren't super expensive, but none of them are really cheap either.

Definitely calling bull!@#$, sorry man :)
Edited by xNyudox#1384 on 9/2/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]