Diablo® III

How'd I do with 200m? Oh, and, Barbs are OP

havent been on a while, is gear really this cheap now?

screenshot the item transactions man.

and yea you can even get away with 3% lifesteal on a barb, with bloodthrist passive and rend bloodlust on.
Reply Quote
Not wanna brag but my set+craftingcosts cost me around 260m gems excluded and i honestly think i could have done even better.

Its all about patience and avoiding some trap-items that are BiS with the right rolls and unlimited funds or simply a mastercard, but contraproductive and not cost efficient for a budgetbuild.
Reply Quote
havent been on a while, is gear really this cheap now?

screenshot the item transactions man.

and yea you can even get away with 3% lifesteal on a barb, with bloodthrist passive and rend bloodlust on.

You don't need bloodthirst passive if you have 3% on gear and use rend-bloodlust. The only time you need the full6% is uber siegebreaker. Most people don't need it even for RD mobs.
Reply Quote
@xNyudox

Ah ok that right ring in my profile I just bought later yesterday at 1d11h for 88m (I had a cheap unity before). I wanted to flip it but decided to keep it. I snagged my ICs for 20m, and my Mempo, believe it or not, was only 30m. I seriously only paid 69,999,999 for this Skorn, which apparently was the deal of the summer, and the ammy was 55m.

I didn't factor the gems into the 200m and just bought them after, but you're right, those put me way over.

*edit: my current profile isn't right cuz I bought upgrades since this post. I'll find my original d3up profile link cuz it had crafted bracers, different gloves, an IK belt, and cheap rare pants.
Edited by Severinze#1401 on 9/3/2013 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not wanna brag but my set+craftingcosts cost me around 260m gems excluded and i honestly think i could have done even better.

Its all about patience and avoiding some trap-items that are BiS with the right rolls and unlimited funds or simply a mastercard, but contraproductive and not cost efficient for a budgetbuild.

Wow nice man.

Yeah, smart shopping is the way to go.
Reply Quote
@xNyudox

Ah ok that right ring in my profile I just bought later yesterday at 1d11h for 88m (I had a cheap unity before). I wanted to flip it but decided to keep it. I snagged my ICs for 20m, and my Mempo, believe it or not, was only 30m. I seriously only paid 69,999,999 for this Skorn, which apparently was the deal of the summer, and the ammy was 55m.

I didn't factor the gems into the 200m and just bought them after, but you're right, those put me way over.

*edit: my current profile isn't right cuz I bought upgrades since this post. I'll find my original d3up profile link cuz it had crafted bracers, different gloves, an IK belt, and cheap rare pants.

Well the items you just listed total out to be 233m. So even if you aren't lying about the absolutely ridiculous prices you got, just those 5 items are 263m. So your set is still worth over the 200m you claimed you bought it for.
Reply Quote

Well the items you just listed total out to be 233m. So even if you aren't lying about the absolutely ridiculous prices you got, just those 5 items are 263m. So your set is still worth over the 200m you claimed you bought it for.

Honestly, dude, who cares? The guy's just asking for tips on how to improve his Barb. He's not claiming to be some sort of set-building genius. He even admitted that he's added items to the set since making his first post, probably because his original gear gave him zero movement speed.

Maybe he spent 200m. Maybe he spent 500m. What does it matter to you? Try giving him some actual advice instead of just obsessing over his budget.

Anyway, @Severinze: As I said earlier, your Barb is looking good. If you ever feel like farming some Paragon levels together, hit me up: WordMaster#1125
Reply Quote

Honestly, dude, who cares? The guy's just asking for tips on how to improve his Barb. He's not claiming to be some sort of set-building genius. He even admitted that he's added items to the set since making his first post, probably because his original gear gave him zero movement speed.

Maybe he spent 200m. Maybe he spent 500m. What does it matter to you? Try giving him some actual advice instead of just obsessing over his budget.

Anyway, @Severinze: As I said earlier, your Barb is looking good. If you ever feel like farming some Paragon levels together, hit me up: WordMaster#1125

He's bragging about building a good set super cheaply but lied about how much the gear costs. That annoys me and others. Then other people come to the forums and think they can make sets for that cheap or that barb gear is so much cheaper compared to others etc. and that's just not true.
Reply Quote
@xNyudox

Dude I'm not trying to mislead anyone, and I'm certainly not trying to brag. I just learned how to play a barb 3 days ago and I'm certainly not experienced, let alone claiming to be a pro barb budget set builder.

Did you actually read my post earlier? The 88m ring you were referring to was purchased after my original post yesterday morning when I was asking for suggestions. I originally had a cheap unity/rare ring combo, gloves, IK belt, and cheap rare pants. After several suggestions, especially the lack of MS, I made some better purchases/upgrades.

My original gear set was right around 200m, minus gems, and I really did get that Skorn for 70m. I was just asking for help/suggestions and acknowledging how awesome barbs were. If you felt I misled you, I'm sorry. That was never my intention.

@WordMaster I'll definitely hit you up man, thanks!
Reply Quote
lol @ those getting their panties in a bunch over someone's smart shopping. ~250m is about right for 1d11h deals for those pieces, lazy buyouts would put it close to 500m. They're good deals but not crazy ones. No way that skorn is worth the entire budget, not even close. There's a world of difference between the type of gear you can get in a given budget if you spend a week buying it versus spending an hour.

@WordMaster

Thanks so much for the advice! I do have a decent Str/Vit trifecta ring I could use for 1.58, but was planning on ditching this amulet after crafting a decent one for the 1.43 breakpoint.. So far, no luck. (Haedrig is such a troll)

Switching to the IAS ring would drop my sheet dps 9k. Is that worth hitting the next breakpoint while I wait for a solid amulet craft?

The 6 tps breakpoint is sooo much smoother than 5.45. If you can make it happen its worth it. It'll lose in damage, but ease in permawrath makes it worthwhile.
Reply Quote
@silverfire

I'll definitely give that next breakpoint a shot. I've been doing ok keeping permawrath going, but a slight dps loss for better/easier uptime is well worth it to me. Thanks for the advice!
Reply Quote
Just get IAS on one of your rings, easiest choice. Best choice for trash farming, however, would be IAS on both rings, depth diggers instead of inna's, and movement speed IC's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]