Diablo® III

Is this a consider a upgrade or downgrade?

Am considering increasing my resistance to farm mp10, currently at 525 AR

Pics tell a thousand words:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/star77/d3.jpg

changing the nat boots, AR increase to 554.

Before:
DPS: 199K, eHP: 530,536

After:
DPS: 194K, eHP: 545,862

is this nat boot worth it?
Edited by star#6942 on 9/2/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
ok, are you asking should you buy it?
I guess it would come down to cost in order to formulate an official opinion.

So 15k EhP from mitigation is sometimes clutch. Sometimes it only takes a little bit more EhP to get over that survivablity hump. The best way would be to play with both and find out, I don't think 4k dps is going to show a difference but losing DPS sucks and is sometimes a slippery slope.

Hmmm, did that help at all :(

maybe...if it's a good deal, buy it and try it, if you don't like it sell it.
Reply Quote
Its hard to say, because the boots change alone wont be that much noticeable ( for defense). BUT in my gearing experience , when you add up this slight changes with another or 2 gear pieces it creates a significant change.

That said you are sacrificing around 70 dex for 30 all resist, you could obtain 70 all resist from pants if you sacrifice a little more dex ( 100 dex) . Wich would be a much better move defense wise.

Following that road, you can obtain an additional 60 fire resist on the helmet as well.

Now if we add up all these changes, (30 from boots + 70 from pants + 60 from helmet) = 160 more all resist and you would end up with 685 AR
Edited by Colt#2370 on 9/2/2013 5:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Having good defense is the best for any characters that you've created but why not additional Arcane Resistance instead of 36 Fire Resistance?
Reply Quote
^ Because he is a fire resist monk. 1 point Fire resist = = 1 point all resist
Edited by Colt#2370 on 9/3/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Who needs defense! Nowadays it's all about no OWE, no SIT and big damage & dual Leech weapons Muwahahaha...
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 9/3/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]