Diablo® III

New CM Build !

08/30/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Phynox
Anyone want to comment on my build and armor? I cant play till Sat night but will be testing it then on mp 8 - 10 to see what is the most viable for me to play. Hoping to be able to break my high of mp 7 for farming.
So it depends what you want. Here's some constructive criticism:
1.) I'm not really a fan of Spectral Blades, but feel free to disagree with me. I personally suggest Living Lightning to Meteor wizards (or Wicked Wind). The proc rate of Spectral Blade is 0.14, and at best you'll get 4 ticks per cast with Deep Cuts. In contrast, Living Lightning can hit between 4-11 times with a proc rate of 0.20. That's a big difference! And ideally most of the time you should be meteor spamming, and the only time you should be really using your secondary AP generator is a.) when you're just engaging a group and b.) when only a few targets are left. Now the downside to Living Lightning is lower damage, but I'm typically wanting to minimize use of a secondary AP generator anyways. So I'd rather have better procs, so I can focus on Meteor spamming.
2.) I think you'd be better with Blood Magic over Force Weapon. You're heavily dependent on Healing Blades for healing (300 LoH is really too little), and you'd get a similar rate of sustain from say Molten Impact with Blood Magic simply from the differential in damage output.
3.) You might consider Deep Freeze and Chain Reaction respectively over Bone Chill+Time Warp. That should improve the smoothness of your AP and CM returns.
4.) Pinpoint Barrier can be problematic, since Energy Armor has the significant downside that it decreases your AP pool. Pinpoint is not a bad choice, but it's worth realizing that the casting delay in both Explosive Blast and Meteor means you can miss some of your initial casts simply because your casting too fast and have not yet trigger your AP returns. This is one of the reasons I like Living Lightning and Wicked Wind, since these spells can provide some AP+LoH+CM procs while you're waiting for Meteor and Explosive Blast to cast.
5.) I would consider whether you want to pursue 30APoC, since that'll definitelly improve your AP returns. Not everyone prefers this, since you can't run Mempo or a non-apoc life steal weapon. But it's worth exploring. You can pickup a cheap Storm Crow or Wizard Hat to just try it out. :)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 8/31/2013 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2.) I think you'd be better with Blood Magic over Force Weapon. You're heavily dependent on Healing Blades for healing (300 LoH is really too little), and you'd get a similar rate of sustain from say Molten Impact with Blood Magic simply from the differential in damage output.

Perhaps, will see when I begin my runs tonight to see what happens. I might have to do a switch

3.) You might consider Deep Freeze and Chain Reaction respectively over Bone Chill+Time Warp. That should improve the smoothness of your AP and CM returns.

Again, will need to see how it goes. From a non AP/CM standpoint, which is the better damage output selection?

4.) Pinpoint Barrier can be problematic, since Energy Armor has the significant downside that it decreases your AP pool. Pinpoint is not a bad choice, but it's worth realizing that the casting delay in both Explosive Blast and Meteor means you can miss some of your initial casts simply because your casting too fast and have not yet trigger your AP returns. This is one of the reasons I like Living Lightning and Wicked Wind, since these spells can provide some AP+LoH+CM procs while you're waiting for Meteor and Explosive Blast to cast.

My issue is that if I want to be able to get more critical hits off, then I need the pinpoint. Sadly I don't have billions in the bank and I haven't been playing as much as I have wanted to lately so crafting using saved up "elite only randomly dropped by killing an entire mob OMG Blizzard please stop this insanity" recipe ingredients hasn't happened yet. So until I save up a Hellspawn amount of them and craft for an hour while I begin watching the first season of breaking bad then I guess I'll have to sit around and keep using it.

However if anyone has a trifecta amulet that happens to also upgrade my stats ala tal rasha please feel free to message me :)

5.) I would consider whether you want to pursue 30APoC, since that'll definitelly improve your AP returns. Not everyone prefers this, since you can't run Mempo or a non-apoc life steal weapon. But it's worth exploring. You can pickup a cheap Storm Crow or Wizard Hat to just try it out. :)

See I just dropped the 9% speed pants (so dropped my speed down to what it is now) so I could throw on the Mempo which is a slight drop in paper dps but increased my health so much I was able to drop the ridiculous pox ring and associated boots and rearrange some of my items around to drop my paper dps under the 200k mark but bring my edps to over 300k (up from just over 200k).

Before this I was using a nice 1.55 speed wand with 2.9 life drain + socket + 114something damage and was a black weapon. However for the life of me, with that item and a tri offhand I couldn't get my dps or health or anything else upward because I couldn't change my gear around because I didn't want to lose my speed which is needed for spec blade to work well. By dropping them and putting on the chants I current have I was able to change my gear around because I wasn't losing speed and be able to get an increase in my overall speed.

I also can note that in MP 6 and 7 I haven't ran into many issues where have not had enough mana to run my spells. However since was burning through everything in sight I wasn't really concerning myself with the rate of how I was casting and whatnot. I'll be more observant tonight and see how it goes after I want the latest Star Trek movie with my wife now that finally the kids are asleep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]