Diablo® III

Smart Veteran Barbs...in this forum

I recently rolled a barb...reluctantly, but I felt it was needed for the new smart drop system coming at expansion.

The reason for my post was to ask, what is the best skill set for mp10 4 man groups.

This is all I run and want to run atm for the exp anyway.

But I would love to hear some advice for group play and what works best for the group

Then you say.....well depends on group...True!!

99% of the time I run with COB--WD, CS Monk, and sometime archon wiz, if not wiz its another WD.

anyway I would appreciate your thoughts on this

Thanks in advance!!
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/30/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
HotA is pretty much a mainstay for any effective party build, especially if there's a cs monk in the party. If there isn't one, ground stomp is a good skill to use, but tbh I haven't in a long time.

Rend:mutilate is also a good one that just crossed my mind if the rest of the group doesn't have strong enough crowd control.
Reply Quote
@ silverfire

Thanks for that man, I really appreciate your time on this
Reply Quote
View profile
You should try Battelrage/Into the fray.

The more your crit, the more fury you get basically with that rune, allowing you to spam your power spells much more often.

Rend mutilate is an excellent choice for Coop with other classes as stated.

I'm curious how you were running with no fury generator and no BR/ITF and still surviving? :)
Reply Quote
@RagingKoala

Buddy That's why I'm here ;) so smart people like you can point out what im doing wrong

You'll have to pardon me, but I don't know the abbreviations of what you just said ;p

Edit: ah BF/ITF....battle frey into the frey...;p

I will make that change ...thanks man

Remember I'm a kooky WD pal ;)

Please school me man, what should I change?
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/30/2013 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
To start, your gear is good and balanced, so changing around skills for trying different builds is going to be extremely easy for you.

Battle rage, into the fray is pretty much a must for any barb, its the best way to gain fury, while fighting.

For the skill Whirlwind, Hurricane will allow you to move thru mobs at full speed, allowing for less damage taken, its a pretty fluid movement and may "feel" better.
I really havent messed with any other runes for WW to be honest, so Im not sure if theres a better choice for Coop.

For Coop, you may also want to try HOTA/thunderstrike in place of smash.

The rest of your skills are pretty good choices.

If your doing ubers or essence rubns, (killing tons of elites and not so much trash), you would want to get yourself a Stone of Jordan. Preferably a -HOTA one to aid in keeping your fury globe full. (You can look on my barb for an example)
I would replace Destiny Ire for a SOJ, though both rings are pretty equal.
Reply Quote
Hi Reaper

Pretty well what silver and RK said. Another option is getting a life steal Skorn and using Hota and rend though your weapons are already beautiful and multiclass too I see.
Reply Quote
As the pillars in the D3 community, all of you and yes I know your names ;) I was hoping to get you guys to respond.

I wish we were able to run in the past, but maybe in the future our paths can cross, i hope anyway ;)

I greatly appreciate not only this advice, but the good will and community guidance and contributions you guys bring here.

Thanks so much

BTW i have a very nice skorn...gives me more dps, but it felt slow ;/

anyway guys rock on!! ty again
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/30/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been trying some multiple rend barb farming parties running VSORCS, the XP is pretty insane, with good RNG you can hit well over 400 mil XP/h over a ~15 minute run. If you really want to optimize for XP, this is probably the way to go.
Reply Quote
View profile

BTW i have a very nice skorn...gives me more dps, but it felt slow ;/

Yeah Skorn is a very good weap. But when u have a good DW setup skorn feel so slow its hard to go this way lol
Reply Quote
@ Reaper...

Everything pretty much covered skills wise.. Also, you got a nice gear set up.. :)
Reply Quote
Yes Skorn does feel slow :)

When you're not running around permawrathing, I wonder though if it is better for group play. Both the Hota and rend damage are much higher and at least at some gear points, it seems to be more effective. Zylog, do you run DW or Skorn in group play?

I guess though the important thing is that you enjoy your play :)

And yes, it is really nice to see you and quite a few of the other guys here.
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 8/30/2013 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Morpheus

I run Skorn in group play. The higher rend damage it gives is just so good for farming trash mobs. It's a bit more challenging for fury management, my rend setup is only 1.25 or 1.34 APS, but permawrath is still doable. For getting the 5 initial stacks, I up my APS to 1.42, add an SOJ and swap out to a mighty weapon between elites to sustain wrath.

Note that the party is set up for speed farming, with 3 WW/rend barbs with the same skills and similar gear, and one monk providing buffs to the party. The monk doesn't even need to have any DPS, For more conventional farming teams, using WW/rend would be a disaster due to the mismatch in movement speeds.
Reply Quote
Skorn WW is not entirely impossible to run. It's hard, but its not impossible.

Infact. I'm doing DE runs in Mp8 VOTA with a skorn and I'm doing fine with WoTB upkeep
Reply Quote
Guys,

Thanks for the tip on Rend, I too was wondering if the Skorn enhances the bleed affect of Rend, seems it might.

Ive been running 2h hand set up to really see if I can notice a big difference.

Seems you like that set up, which brings promise ;)

Thanks again
Reply Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=EXIOjfq3l34

I made this video a while ago promoting some class/skill synergy between 2H barb using Hota/Bloodshed/OP:Momentum and Monks Cyclone strike. A major downside is no Perma-Wrath trash dies way too fast but a bonus is able to run Sprint:Forced march(no need for tornados withno ITF) and 12%MS(You gain +10%MS over the group buff) which keeps a diverse group all around the same MS.

A -X Hota Soj helps but the concept is simple. Follow the Monk around, when he pulls pop OP and Hota once or twice while the whole room explodes. Cleave also deals massive damage to groups if your dry on fury and hitting multiple targets with it resets OP quickly. High CC is a must as it resets OP which is your main fury generator.

Feels clunky at first but once you get the hang of the fury management is effective and fun and a good change of pace from some of the more generic builds. This is still my go-to build with a good CS monk in the party. Hope you try it out and enjoy :D
Reply Quote
So I wanted to make sure I got this right

Ideal breakpoints are:

Skorn---1.83?

DW 2.86?

Look right?
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 9/3/2013 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So I wanted to make sure I got this right

Ideal breakpoints are:

Skorn---1.83?

DW 2.86?

Look right?
those are a bit trickier to hit, if you have the gold, go for them. but 2.5 w/ wotb for dw, 1.67 w/ wotb for skorn is more ideal, and allows you to gear efficiently without sacrificing to much ehp :P
Reply Quote
Ty Henry

Yeah they are tricky...nice goal to reach ;) I hope
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]