Diablo® III

PS3 Co-Op question...

Per the FAQ...

Q: On the guest profile that plays along will it use the main profiles characters or will the guest have to make their own?
A:
How guests can play with you on same screen co-op varies between the console systems.

On the PlayStation 3, additional players will have access to any saves that any User on the system has; however, only the primary User can unlock trophies during single-system co-op.

As an additional point of clarification, PS3 players that visit a friend's house for some local co-op action will be able to access their own characters from either a save on a USB stick, or by accessing their characters from cloud saves (if they have PlayStation Plus).

How this works is that at their friend’s house, the visiting player would need to create a new local User on the console, then sign into their Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account with PS+ and pull down their save from cloud storage. They could alternatively bring over their save on a USB stick, but they will still need to create a new local User on the console in order to partake in local co-op with their character(s) from home.

The way this reads is that me and my son both make a character under our own profiles and play together and everything works fine. But my problem with this is two fold.

1) My son can load his profile and play on my character.
2) My son can get my hardcore character killed on his profile/game session.

This wouldn't even be a concern on the 360 since he knows better than to play on my profile.

I already preordered on PS3 but if I am understanding this correctly then I might swap to the 360 version.

Anyone with the ps3 version already confirm/deny anything?
Reply Quote
Maybe talk to your son to not play with your hc char?
Reply Quote
hang on.. the bit where you state "My son can load his profile and play on my character" .. how the hell did you interpret the FAQ to imply this?

if your son loads his profile then he only gets access to the character(s) he creates on that profile. he cannot access your characters at all.

unless you allow him to login to your profile, and then he can obviously do whatever he wants including selling all your gear.
Reply Quote
hang on.. the bit where you state "My son can load his profile and play on my character" .. how the hell did you interpret the FAQ to imply this?

if your son loads his profile then he only gets access to the character(s) he creates on that profile. he cannot access your characters at all.

unless you allow him to login to your profile, and then he can obviously do whatever he wants including selling all your gear.

No. All a person has to do is hit the PS button on the second controller and they have access to any save on the system.
Reply Quote
unless you sign them into a profile.

which should mean it will keep your saves and their saves completely separate.

edit: actually take a look at the start of this gameplay clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W5KvYGPysLw&list=UU4mLMb49hqk4y9lVFtfanlg#t=19

when someone presses start this menu appears stating "Select a local user to play as or press BACK to cancel and play as a guest"

so here get your son to choose his own profile and viola! no more chance he can corrupt your characters.
Edited by enem#1945 on 8/30/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome man, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]